Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comic Book Art/Commissions/Sketches

Old 02-05-2020, 01:14 AM   #1
ecthelion
Hydra

Bachalo, bermejo, van sciver etc for sale

Not fully sure if allowed but I see some other for sale threads, so here goes. If not allowed let know, sorry beforehand!

Currently in process of selling my modest collection of comic art. My caf is below, all is going including a bermejo wizard mag cover, bachalo splash, van sciver Batman, Tony Daniel splash, etc.

I am in the Netherlands but wire transfer or PayPal should work just fine.

Below caf link, just contact me if you like anything
https://www.comicartfans.com/Gallery...asp?GCat=17932

I would prefer if some of the pieces would go to enthusiasts directly instead of through a reseller, hence this message! Let me know!

Mathijs

Edit: some prices:

Bachalo gen x: 1000 usd
Van sciver batman: 500 usd (What i paid for it)
Chris Stevens bishop: 350 usd
Tony Daniel teen titans: 700 usd
Peterson ultimate x-men apocalypse: 650 usd
DiVito young avengers splash (supernice piece): 450 usd
ecthelion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2020, 08:56 AM   #2
joefixit2
Baron Zemo

you getting out of the game?
joefixit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2020, 09:39 AM   #3
ecthelion
Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by joefixit2 View Post
you getting out of the game?
Jup, cleared out most of my statues already (some remaining, like deadpool pf, punisher comiquette) also to be sold) and now the art, hasn’t ever been displayed, and only sitting in an itoya is a waste, IMO...I’ve gone more into antiques in the meantime so the money locked up in it is an issue as well!
Old 02-05-2020, 12:16 PM   #4
Doc McCoy
Mephisto

Will you be pricing them or are you just taking offers?
Doc McCoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2020, 02:14 PM   #5
ecthelion
Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc McCoy View Post
For now taking offers! Just let me know what you fancy and maybe we can work it out!

Bermejo is for now, sold!
Old 02-05-2020, 07:40 PM   #6
Demona
Martian Manhunter

I hope you didn’t shortchange yourself on the Bermejo! It’s stunning.

Good luck on the sale
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2020, 04:33 PM   #7
BCarter27
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
I hope you didn’t shortchange yourself on the Bermejo! It’s stunning.

Good luck on the sale
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecthelion View Post
For now taking offers! Just let me know what you fancy and maybe we can work it out!

Bermejo is for now, sold!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc McCoy View Post

Hey everyone, I'm new here, but active over on CAF, CGC, and 2DG.

My wife is an AVID Bermejo fan and saw Mathijs's piece on CAF. He quoted her a reasonable price and she accepted (minus $150 to help defray shipping costs from Europe). They had a deal and were working out the payment and shipping details.

She was waiting to send payment, emailed to follow up, and then he said he sold it someone else. Pretty crappy behaviour on his part not standing by his word, and she is really disappointed.

Just wanted to let everyone know what they are dealing with. Buyer beware and good luck if you try to do a deal with him.

P.S. The icing on the cake is she passed on a great piece at COMIC LINK because she had committed to buying this piece.
BCarter27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2020, 12:11 AM   #8
carlito1978
Hellfire Club

A wife that collects comic art??
carlito1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2020, 11:31 AM   #9
ecthelion
Hydra

Oh how nice of you to post this, making me look bad. We did not have any agreement and I had questions on going with PayPal with someone I don’t know.

It has been sold to someone I know from here and who I actually know as a collector. No money has been transferred and there was no official agreement. Make of it what you will but once I have the money I will always do what I say. It is enroute, as promised, to the collector I sold it to.

Please refrain from making me look untrustworthy because that is just not the case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCarter27 View Post
Hey everyone, I'm new here, but active over on CAF, CGC, and 2DG.

My wife is an AVID Bermejo fan and saw Mathijs's piece on CAF. He quoted her a reasonable price and she accepted (minus $150 to help defray shipping costs from Europe). They had a deal and were working out the payment and shipping details.

She was waiting to send payment, emailed to follow up, and then he said he sold it someone else. Pretty crappy behaviour on his part not standing by his word, and she is really disappointed.

Just wanted to let everyone know what they are dealing with. Buyer beware and good luck if you try to do a deal with him.

P.S. The icing on the cake is she passed on a great piece at COMIC LINK because she had committed to buying this piece.
Old 02-17-2020, 12:19 PM   #10
BCarter27
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlito1978 View Post
A wife that collects comic art??
Yes, they do exist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecthelion View Post
Oh how nice of you to post this, making me look bad. We did not have any agreement and I had questions on going with PayPal with someone I don’t know.

It has been sold to someone I know from here and who I actually know as a collector. No money has been transferred and there was no official agreement. Make of it what you will but once I have the money I will always do what I say. It is enroute, as promised, to the collector I sold it to.

Please refrain from making me look untrustworthy because that is just not the case.
Just stating the facts. I will leave others to interpret them. You quoted a price, she accepted, and then you sold it to someone else.

If you have a problem using PayPal Goods, I'd recommend selling through HA, CLINK, or ComicConnect in the future. Otherwise, what's the point of posting the art sales on CAF? And you state in this thread PayPal is acceptable. So again, I will leave others to interpret that.
BCarter27 is offline   Reply With Quote