Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Infinity Studios / Gantaku / Queen Studios

Old 11-08-2019, 01:35 AM   #61
eternalblue02
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Omigeo does yours have the loose wiggly leg near the boot (it will feel like the glue gave way between boot/leg) and how is the magnet for the shield arm?

I wish my cape fit properly. I might give it one more go and exchange the piece. There’s so much promise underneath the issues.
eternalblue02 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 08:08 AM   #62
omigeo
Alpha Flight

Hi Eternalblue.
I don't have that wiggly leg near the boot issue. The magnet is ok for the shield only. It holds, but I think it should have been a stronger magnet. The cape wasn't an issue with my piece.

Its a shame that this piece would have problems like this. If it was executed well, it would have been the shining light in my collections, but unfortunately it isn't.

We do have to send a message to this company. Saying "If you want to stay in the game, than you need to step up the game when it comes to your statue production"
omigeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 08:18 AM   #63
eternalblue02

Quote:
Originally Posted by omigeo View Post
We do have to send a message to this company. Saying "If you want to stay in the game, than you need to step up the game when it comes to your statue production"
Are you keeping your statue or pondering a return?
Old 11-08-2019, 08:27 AM   #64
omigeo
Alpha Flight

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalblue02 View Post
Are you keeping your statue or pondering a return?
I was pondering but, I will keep it since this statue still holds up as it should and the issues are something you cant really see with the exception of his neck part, but I think I might be able to fix that since the magnet to his scarf is strong and really connects, its just the head part.

I did sort of rushed it thru when putting him together. Its just Un-boxing and re-boxing can be daunting, since I don't have a place to but him at this time.

There is one thing that I find exceptional on this statue and its the base...I love it, the detail are really nice
Old 11-10-2019, 05:21 PM   #65
HiTMAN
The Herculoids

Thank you for sharing your experience Eternalblue, I'm sorry to hear you had similar issues. The right leg on mine with the peg is also loose.

It's a shame it turned this way.
HiTMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 08:32 PM   #66
Medusoid
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

Someone from Gantaku used to post here; I hope they see these posts and contact you guys about possible replacements or something because these issues are completely unacceptable.

I had high hopes for this company, so this is just super disappointing to see.
Medusoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 09:25 PM   #67
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

It does make me worry as i have Samurai Shodown And KOF Items on PO from them
DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 04:43 PM   #68
WeaponX23
Doh!

Hey everybody, I have been looking forward to this piece since announcement and even canceled my F4F one to get it. Really sad to see everyone having issues. Just wanted opinions on if I should risk it and still order it or if its better to pass on it. Any input is greatly appreciated. Thanks
WeaponX23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 07:08 PM   #69
omigeo
Alpha Flight

I don't know what to tell you weaponx23.. The statue is stunning, its just the parts of the statues that are having problems on some where parts don't sit flush and to loose. So far I don't have that wobbly issue with his leg but the magnets should have been better. Its going to be a hit or miss.

I love his face paint and I just love that base as well. I know it comes with some flimsy pieces to attach but I haven't really tackled that part. He is boxed up and stored for now.

Try to see if you can see it first hand in a store or if you're going the online route, make sure you don't have a problem returning it.
Old 11-21-2019, 08:33 PM   #70
eternalblue02

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeaponX23 View Post
Hey everybody, I have been looking forward to this piece since announcement and even canceled my F4F one to get it. Really sad to see everyone having issues. Just wanted opinions on if I should risk it and still order it or if its better to pass on it. Any input is greatly appreciated. Thanks
If you're going to order this at all go through Sideshow. At least if you have an issue you can return it for a full refund minus the shipping tag.

I'm going to be brutally honest. I'm 100% pee'd off at the outcome of this statue. Castlevania is my second favorite series ever and I would gladly plunk down money to support this company so we get other characters. But not at the expense of QC. I could live with wobbly legs and cheap plastic wing inserts, that stuff can be rigged/fixed. The paint and amount of detail from head to toe are fantastic. Gantaku overthought this statue, if they had made Alucard's scarf part of the body instead of a separate part that needs to be layered it would be fine. The more you play with the layers the more chance fitting problems will happen. I couldn't even fit his head in without the cape present lol...

I've gotten my refund and am tempted to order another one just to see if it's a fluke. I just don't know if it's worth playing the lottery in hopes of getting a good one.