Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 05-05-2015, 09:59 AM   #2261
dino76m
Kindly Asked To Leave

I have paid for early PO deposit with SImply toys, but i contacted them to pay in full after the retail price was fixed but got no reply from them yet, has anyone paid in full at ST
dino76m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 10:01 AM   #2262
Thor57
Teen Titans

I think they are super busy. I haven't got a response from them about a seperate item I bought and paid the shipping invoice for. No shipping confirm or anything and it's been a few days.
Thor57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 10:17 AM   #2263
Viper245
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor57 View Post
I'm sorry to hear that man, but I agree. With XM having to cutdown on allotments to our inside guys, that leaves the retailers who are all marking these up due to demand or due to their supplier. It's why I bit the bullet and ordered a few more items from Simply Toys to get on their elite roster. Even that is filling up I think, and we'll see. I think I was to late to early pre order Thor. They did tell me I was marked down for She-Hulk, Strange and Daredevil. We'll see how well that works out when and if I get invoices.
Thanks Thor. It was fun while it lasted. I locked in some great pieces along the way and I'll still keep the door open at Secret Compass but I don't expect any future preorders from them to be under $1000 (excluding shipping) and that has been my limit that I could justify spending on an XM piece. I still might make an exception on Thor since I love the piece so much but once shipping is added, it will kick it up into the $1700 range.
Viper245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 10:23 AM   #2264
actionjackson83
Midnighter

Just need Classic Iron Man, She-Hulk and Vision to round out my collection of Avengers collection, then I might just get out of the game all together. We'll see... it's definitely getting harder to get pieces now and that could be driving me towards retiring from collecting once I get those in my collection. Oh who am I kidding, getting Punisher, Winter Soldier and Ghost Rider too.
actionjackson83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 10:27 AM   #2265
wanderlai
The Tick

So Secret Compass has a new supplier. It was suggested Mark was the man behind the curtain for SC and BBTS. I wonder why the switch??? Maybe since the dealers are getting less they are making cuts.
wanderlai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 10:29 AM   #2266
Viper245
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by actionjackson83 View Post
Just need Classic Iron Man, She-Hulk and Vision to round out my collection of Avengers collection, then I might just get out of the game all together. We'll see... it's definitely getting harder to get pieces now and that could be driving me towards retiring from collecting once I get those in my collection. Oh who am I kidding, getting Punisher and Ghost Rider too.
Good luck AJ. I hope you can get all the pieces you want but unless you are tight with a Singapore dealer or an elite member at Simply Toys, it's going to be mighty hard to lock down these pieces at a somewhat reasonable price going forward. I hope you have one of these options in place.
Old 05-05-2015, 10:36 AM   #2267
Viper245
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlai View Post
So Secret Compass has a new supplier. It was suggested Mark was the man behind the curtain for SC and BBTS. I wonder why the switch??? Maybe since the dealers are getting less they are making cuts.
I am almost 100% sure that Mark was their supplier. I think it got to the point where Mark has so much business on his own and when you add in that his allotment was cut due to the European distributor being added to the mix, he just doesn't have anything left to give to the US retailers any longer.
Old 05-05-2015, 10:45 AM   #2268
wanderlai
The Tick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper245 View Post
I am almost 100% sure that Mark was their supplier. I think it got to the point where Mark has so much business on his own and when you add in that his allotment was cut due to the European distributor being added to the mix, he just doesn't have anything left to give to the US retailers any longer.
I'd say that's a spot on assessment.
wanderlai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 11:48 AM   #2269
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
I really love the bright colors. It really says comic Thor to me... it's going to be a great stand alone piece for me.
Statue reminds me of Bowen. That's a lot of $$ this.
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 11:54 AM   #2270
Lawnknome
Look out for #1. Don't step in #2 either.

Speculation with regards to Mark. Before when I got Cap from him, it just said shipped from Mark Wang.

With my Magneto yesterday it had a Mark Wang and a collectibles company name attached. Maybe Mark has so much business he started his own side company? It was like collectible trading something as the name. I am at work so cant remember.

And to make this point clear, none of this is to reflect badly on Mark. The man is doing a huge service to our hobby. Can't thank the guy enough.
Lawnknome is offline   Reply With Quote