Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 09-14-2020, 01:16 AM   #11
majestic1
Green Lantern Corps
Adamantium Member

Really looking forward to this but as I mentioned in the other thread I'll only be laying down $1000+ if the armor is not too modernized, hopefully they stay true to the simple timeless retro sci-fi look of the classic armor, ideally the Bob Layton classic suit from the legendary 80s run.

By the way speaking of the classic suit check out this amazing new Alex Ross art of Iron man vs his Rogues.

majestic1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2020, 05:01 AM   #12
Nebulhym
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by XMAN View Post
Seriously I’m very excited about this collaboration between XM studios and Legendary beast.... they are doing for the Marvel franchise what prime one studios has done for DC finally we’re getting 1/3 scale marvel masterpieces!.....make room
This is the thing! I don't have any more room!

So PLEASE take your time Legendary beast!!
Nebulhym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2020, 05:02 AM   #13
Nebulhym
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by majestic1 View Post
Really looking forward to this but as I mentioned in the other thread I'll only laying down $1000+ if it's not too modernized, hopefully they stay true to the simple timeless retro sci-fi look of the classic armor, ideally the Bob Layton classic suit from the legendary 80s run.

By the way speaking of the classic suit check out this amazing new Alex Ross art of Iron man vs his Rogues.

That is gorgeous!

too bad his rogue gallery is kinda meh. Nowhere near Spider-Man's or dare I even mention Batman's...
Nebulhym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2020, 02:03 PM   #14
BaZ
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Really looking forward to this but as I mentioned in the other thread I'll only laying down $1000+ if the armor is not too modernized, hopefully they stay true to the simple timeless retro sci-fi look of the classic armor, ideally the Bob Layton classic suit from the legendary 80s run.

It must be the coolest Marvel statue series ever if they would be all from this period, the Avenger Assemble of Ross!
BaZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2020, 02:12 PM   #15
craigcliff1
Zot

Yes IM dosen't have many great rogues
craigcliff1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2020, 02:27 PM   #16
mva5580
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaZ View Post
It must be the coolest Marvel statue series ever if they would be all from this period, the Avenger Assemble of Ross!
I think I'm probably going to have to get that print to go along with these 3.
mva5580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2020, 10:25 PM   #17
vorpoll
Shadowhawk

Quote:
Really looking forward to this but as I mentioned in the other thread I'll only be laying down $1000+ if the armor is not too modernized, hopefully they stay true to the simple timeless retro sci-fi look of the classic armor, ideally the Bob Layton classic suit from the legendary 80s run.

You will be very happy with what they have planned! I can't wait for this piece
vorpoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2020, 01:53 PM   #18
Thegreywizard
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaZ View Post
The Captain America & Thor seem to be directly out of his poster.

I'm going to lean towards we will see the Iron Man variation out of this poster as well.

I just hope they can offer an updated/modern head like they did with CA.

I'm not really a big fan of the old school shoulders on that IM, maybe if they could do something closer to the Alex Ross Iron Man Rogues with a sleeker armor, yet still keeping it classic.
Thegreywizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 10:46 PM   #19
vorpoll
Shadowhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thegreywizard View Post
The Captain America & Thor seem to be directly out of his poster.

I'm going to lean towards we will see the Iron Man variation out of this poster as well.

I just hope they can offer an updated/modern head like they did with CA.

I'm not really a big fan of the old school shoulders on that IM, maybe if they could do something closer to the Alex Ross Iron Man Rogues with a sleeker armor, yet still keeping it classic.
It will be the only Iron Man I need in my collection
vorpoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 10:22 AM   #20
XMAN
Ultron

No one like’s the art of Alex Ross more than me.....but I really prefer Ironman not to have such a shiny (chrome like)head.
It takes away from the detail of the sculpt ....hope Legendary Beast will do a toned down version ... true to the classic.
XMAN is offline   Reply With Quote