Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 03-09-2009, 11:54 PM   #11
fengjun
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince-Vell View Post
Personally i would like to see Jerrys take on Devil May cry line. That would look sick.

KoF may bankrupt him cause of my experience always seeing that game collecting dust in the corner of the arcades.

But i did love the SF vs KoF storyline capcom put out last year!

I think KoF would really jump in popularity if they didnt fubar the SF vs SNK games. If they made it like a Capcom VS game with pop ups, people would prob be into it more i think.
Well if you are into fighting games as well, I strongly recommend you try KoF 97'. It's quite old, I know, so the graphic is nothing in compare to today's 3Ds, but once you played it, you'd love it. Oh the good old days...
fengjun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 11:55 PM   #12
Vince-Vell
Cosmic Painter
PainterModerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red X View Post
KOF may be hot in Japan but it's not even on the radar here..Maybe after SF, Tekken, DOA, Virtua Figther, MK, and Darkstalkers.
Dont forget Soul caliber, that was more popular then VF in the arcades i went too.

Think i only played DOA 4 times, dont remember it much.

Now Tekken i forgot all about, i saw people get into brawls over that game. They had to take it out of the one arcade cause of the fans of it went ape chit over the cheap characters.
Vince-Vell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 11:57 PM   #13
Vince-Vell
Cosmic Painter
PainterModerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by fengjun View Post
Well if you are into fighting games as well, I strongly recommend you try KoF 97'. It's quite old, I know, so the graphic is nothing in compare to today's 3Ds, but once you played it, you'd love it. Oh the good old days...
I tried it a few times, but problem was a lot of the guys i know and the arcades people weren't into it. So got pushed aside from SF. Even tho others like MK were popular i never liked playing it, SF just felt right compared to other fighting games.
Vince-Vell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 12:05 AM   #14
Spazzy
Hercules

I'd pick up Mai, but other than that probably not anyone else...

although I did order Morrigan soley based on the design and sculpt, could care less about the character, so if done right I might pick up a few.
Spazzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 12:05 AM   #15
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

I'd want Leon Kennedy in his RPD outfit, Jill Valentine, Chris Redfield, Albert Wesker in STARS outfits & Claire Redfield, all in premium format
Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 12:11 AM   #16
XMAN
Ultron

Any character who shows off their assets (arse)like that will always look hot......and it's not that I don't like the way it looks ....it's just not what I'm looking for.........in this case I want to go with the rest of the original street fighter warriors first.......so bring them on.
XMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 12:20 AM   #17
fengjun

Expanding into other lines do not necessarily mean a halt for the existing line.

Maybe Jerry can just release Mai, as in the case for Morrigan.
fengjun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 01:20 AM   #18
Sgt Taz
Doom Patrol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karma View Post
I'd want Leon Kennedy in his RPD outfit, Jill Valentine, Chris Redfield, Albert Wesker in STARS outfits & Claire Redfield, all in premium format
Leon Kennedy in his R4 outfit with jacket!!
Sgt Taz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 05:08 AM   #19
KlitFisto

I'd love to see some good KoF pieces, but don't see any outside of the main favorites being made (Kyo, Iori, Mai, Terry). Plus like everyone else said, as sad as it is despite being true, the games barely sell here. I was amazed when any of the KoF collections came out for the ps2 over the last couple of years. It always seemed like SNK's characters have only been big here when they're part of the Capcom vs SNK or SNK vs Capcom series.

But hey, I'm sure even a single diorama of Iori vs Kyo would sell out after a few weeks. And if they did a PF of Iori, the exclusive would obviously be Orochi.
KlitFisto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 06:43 AM   #20
TRT
Blue Falcon

KOF have the most charismatic character ever made !

Iori, Kyo, Terry, Rock Howard, etc...all are awesone character, much more class than any SF character, my opinion.

I will love to see KOF statue and/or a diorama too
(Iori vs Kyo that will be awesone !)
TRT is offline   Reply With Quote