Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 10-31-2013, 12:39 AM   #15501
snappahead
Producer
Producer

I agree with all of you. IM 3 was a really great movie.
snappahead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 03:48 AM   #15502
sylvan
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Thor the dark world. 7/10
sylvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 06:09 AM   #15503
Vracula
Jedi Order

IM3 was the most dissapointing movie this year.
Vracula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 07:39 AM   #15504
jollyskeleton
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Damn!! Thor 2 was spectacular! 8/10 for me! Lots of really funny dialogue, plot twists, and stellar portrayals as expected. Look out for some of the best cameos!
jollyskeleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 09:31 AM   #15505
Vracula
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nidgit View Post
but I think it's one of those movies people will come to like more and more each time they watch it.
NO!
Vracula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 09:49 AM   #15506
Babytoxie
Ghost

The Bat (1959) - 4/10

Horror/mystery starring Vincent Price, Agnes Moorehead, and a grown-up Darla Hood (of the Little Rascals). The basic story was okay, but the dialogue was awful, and the acting wasn't much better. Price's appearance in a film usually helps things, but even he couldn't save this one.

Thumbs up to my 4-1/2 year old daughter for sitting through the whole thing. She found it much more entertaining than I did and is developing quite the appreciation for horror movies. We're not letting her watch The Shining just yet, but she loves the old black-and-white stuff.
Babytoxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 10:41 AM   #15507
El Pulento
The InJustice League

Thor 2 4/5
El Pulento is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 02:51 PM   #15508
snappahead
Producer
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vracula View Post
IM3 was the most dissapointing movie this year.
Agreed. Good, fun movie.
Old 10-31-2013, 03:32 PM   #15509
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminous View Post
Agreed. The third act was certainly disappointing. While definitely a large hiccup in the film, it is one of only a few flaws, IMO.

I still believe that the overall negativity towards IM2 stems largely from the fact that it's biggest weakness happens to be the last thing people see.

Yes, but that was his role. No one else felt goofy in the film. While in IM3, both villains were goofy, Stark crossed the line from charming to goofy a few times, Rhodes joined in on the silliness, and then finally the Mark 42 turned into a gag.
I totally agree. I appreciated IM2 for being a fun popcorn movie with some thrillng set pieces and IM action. Personally IM3 was just not fun. It felt like an 80's cop movie and was almost embarassed of Tony being IM in the armor and seemed to avoid it for serious circumstances and rather have Tony in the suit primarily for gags. I was indifferent towards the Mandarin twist however the fact that Killian did not have a great motivation or discenable agenda hurt embracing him as the villain in the film.

The Iron Man films have gotten progressively worse in my mind as they never fulfilled the promise of the first film. To me the best and strongest scene of the triliogy is when Pepper confronts Tony, aghast that he had put himself in harms way by going to Golmera, and asks him to desist in his path. Tony chastises her and refuses saying that his new mission in life is to right the wrongs of his life and do right by folks. The IM films, granted he made a big sacrifice at the end of the Avengers, never brought Tony back to this place. The advertising for IM3 made me believe that Tony would make good on that commitment but instead I got the plot of the Incredibles. Ultimately Tony remained an alcoholic ego maniac and grew little as a character.
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 03:39 PM   #15510
snappahead
Producer
Producer

Well said, MM. I enjoyed IM3 as well.