Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Closed Thread

Old 01-29-2013, 11:51 AM   #31
ZKULPTOR
MASTERING 3D!!!!!!
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamicMenace View Post
i hear ya. but thats really what i meant. just take in what they say. but dont specifically ask what needs to be fixed. or whats wrong. thats what an art department or art director is for isn't it? after all they are a company. not an individual who needs help to figure out what needs to be done or fixed. im not saying dont listen to what your fans want or suggest at all. becasue sometime more than not they know what they are talking about.. it is about quality products for the fans. and i know its good to make the best quality product you can for them. and listening to the fans can do that for you. but take it all in and just know when to make the decision and stick with it thats all im saying.
im sure that now they have you they wont need to do it as much as they did in the past.
but i guess they could be the first company to allow the fans to be the co art director on all their products.
that would free up some of your time and make your your job with them a lot easier.. :laugh.
I see your point, and agree...
Old 01-29-2013, 12:14 PM   #32
jonathan-syco
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by JadeGiant View Post
A big thank you to Jonathan and Erick for this thread, it comes off credible and honest to me so we are happy to give Syco a second chance. With Erick helping with art direction, I am really anxious to see what comes from Syco going forward.

Jonathan, I hope you can appreciate the skepticism that many might have at this point. Most of us are forgiving and want to see Syco succeed but it will take some time to earn that trust back. Trust but verify – that’s the approach most will probably take. The good news is that every time you make a wise business move, your credibility will be restored incrementally. Good luck with the future of your company
Hi, Thank you for the support and kind words. I know it will be an up hill climb to win back the fans and their trust, but hopefully creating relationships with the right people (Erick) we will climb that hill quicker and earn back the trust.

Thanks again!
Old 01-29-2013, 12:23 PM   #33
JadeGiant
Angry Green Rage Monster Mod. SMASH!
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathan-syco View Post
Hi, Thank you for the support and kind words. I know it will be an up hill climb to win back the fans and their trust, but hopefully creating relationships with the right people (Erick) we will climb that hill quicker and earn back the trust.

Thanks again!
You are welcome Jonathan. The ball is in your court. Like I told Erick, Syco will be under a bit of a microscope for a while but I see that as an opportunity for you to have everyone see the positive steps ir appears you are planning to take to move your company in the right direction. KOH’s name has been pretty muddied lately so anything you can do to create as much separation from him will go a long way to helping you restore your reputation. Bringing on Erick was a wise decision and the first of (hopefully) many for Syco going forward. Looking forward to seeing what the future holds

CAF
Old 01-29-2013, 03:35 PM   #34
CKinSD
Crush Mod
Super Moderator

Jonathan
thank you for coming here and apologizing for what has transpired. In talking with you, Erick and Dennis (jedideni moderator at the clubhouse), my opinion is you got taken by a shady character.

In reading all of the PM's Chris sent me between him and KOH on hulkgate, I was shocked at the tone he was taking with Chris and how that was going down. Chris next time someone acts like that call me bro. I'll jump in earlier and get to the bottom of that for you. Least I can do, hate seeing a great talent as yourself go through that mess.

Dan, you are a good guy and only asking for answers on things that affect the collecting community and your friend Chris. I for one think that is a cool thing.

As far as SF thinks, at this time we want to move forward with Syco and try to forget the past. As JadeGiant said though we will be watching closely. Our membership is extremly important to us and we try our best to look out for them when we can.

jonathan, well to the forum man. we are glad to have you here posting and answering questions of our members. please have Eduardo get on here as well in order to assist. Erick is a good guy for sure to have helping out. good choice!

We are not going to open the old threads and ask that Syco create new ones in order to get rid of that KOH stench. I want to see a fresh new start for all.

Last edited by CKinSD; 01-29-2013 at 05:52 PM.
Old 01-29-2013, 03:45 PM   #35
ZKULPTOR
MASTERING 3D!!!!!!
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CKinSD View Post
Jonathan
thank you for coming here and apologizing for what has transpired. In tlaking with you, Erick and Dennis, my opinion is you got taken by a shady character.

In reading all of the PM's Chris sent me between him and KOH on hulkgate, I was shocked at the tone he was taking with Chris and how that was going down. Chris next time someone acts like that call me bro. I'll jump in earlier and get to the bottom of that for you. Least I can do, hate seeing a great talent as yourself go through that mess.

Dan, you are a good guy and only asking for answers on things that affect the collecting community and your friend Chris. I for one think that is a cool thing.

As far as SF thinks, at this time we want to move forward with Syco and try to forget the past. As JadeGiant said though we will be watching closely. Our membership is extremly important to us and we try our best to look out for them when we can.

jonathan, well to the forum man. we are glad to have you here posting and answering questions of our members. please have Eduardo get on here as well in order to assist. Erick is a good guy for sure to have helping out. good choice!

We are not going to open the old threads and ask that Syco create new ones in order to get rid of that KOH stench. I want to see a fresh new start for all.
Agreed, thank you Charles.
Old 01-29-2013, 04:34 PM   #36
DynamicMenace
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Jonathan
thank you for coming here and apologizing for what has transpired. In tlaking with you, Erick and Dennis, my opinion is you got taken by a shady character.

thank you so much Charles,
i really do appreciate that man. its good to know that everyone has each others backs in our community and in this hobby.
and knowing that we all will be watching closely that nothing like this ever happens again is reassuring that it wont. and im not talking about syco in particular but for all companies out there.
i think thats a great idea keeping the old syco threads locked. that way things can start a new.
and i have to say Jade Giant said it best with his comments about taking steps in the right direction in restoring their name. if they stick to it im sure things will turn around for them as JG stated.
i also want to personally thank all the mods administrators and all who were involved and all who commented to try and bring forth the truth. it was a total team effort by all of us to get to the bottom of it all and get this resolved.
Old 01-29-2013, 04:53 PM   #37
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadking92 View Post
Tbh Erick I am really happy that you are advising them. While if I may add something I believe that Syco would really benefit from having a better and larger fanbase if they stop releasing like 2-3 statues of the same character for instance scoprion with only a difference in the base, which is one of the reason I prefer other companies in this regard because when I buy a piece I can be sure that it will not be competing against a 2.0 version coming out the year after.
the comment I made has been removed...its not warranted in this sticky....sorry Dead
Old 01-29-2013, 11:01 PM   #38
Nidgit
Love me sexy
Adamantium Plus Member

Like alot of other members, I've been following this both here and the Clubhouse and it's great to see a positive outcome on the horizon.

I only have one question though. With all the drama surrounding KOH why does the comment below his SF name read "Kindly asked to leave" when clearly, it should read "Firmly told to ...... off"
Old 01-29-2013, 11:07 PM   #39
s_paulik87
Green Lantern Corps

Erick, so does this mean you will advise them in the sculpting process and hopefully bring the future SYCO Collectibles sculpts to the next level, so we don't have another fiasco like the original Rain?
Old 01-29-2013, 11:13 PM   #40
Sup3rs3d3d
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JadeGiant View Post
A big thank you to Jonathan and Erick for this thread, it comes off credible and honest to me so we are happy to give Syco a second chance. With Erick helping with art direction, I am really anxious to see what comes from Syco going forward.

Jonathan, I hope you can appreciate the skepticism that many might have at this point. Most of us are forgiving and want to see Syco succeed but it will take some time to earn that trust back. Trust but verify – that’s the approach most will probably take. The good news is that every time you make a wise business move, your credibility will be restored incrementally. Good luck with the future of your company
Quote:
Jonathan
thank you for coming here and apologizing for what has transpired. In talking with you, Erick and Dennis (jedideni moderator at the clubhouse), my opinion is you got taken by a shady character.

Thanks Charles. I appreciate you and Dave looking into all this.
Closed Thread