Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 12-18-2005, 06:59 PM   #11
Primal
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zurbaran1
Personally I would love to see this in an empty theatre and not have to deal with the idiots providing commentary, munching on candy, or trying to keep their crying babies entertained.
Dont forget the dopes who kick the backs of seats.
Primal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2005, 07:00 PM   #12
Zurbaran1
Mod Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primal
Dont forget the dopes who kick the backs of seats.
Them especially.
Zurbaran1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2005, 07:13 PM   #13
hungrydaddy
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dana P.
That's it? That's surprisingly low. But wait, it opened on Wednesday, so it's only been four days, hasn't it? Today (Sunday) hasn't been accounted for, right? What's your source for this info, by the way? Is there a good site for movie box office intake?
I like www.boxofficemojo.com
hungrydaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2005, 11:35 PM   #14
SpenK
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost
The title of this thread doesn't really make sense?! "not at the box office"?

I personally don't care if it makes money or not. I mean I loved it. Sure I want PJ to get his and the studio's back, but really, this is like looking at the resell value of a statue and not buying it cause it doesn't sell. It's a moot point for the fans either way.
Thats not the Point.......................A better example .....some People here actually because a dislike of a movie or sequels.....(Matrix For example)..........will not buy the Trinity on Bike...............Plain Stupid.................Another example.......Star wars episode III (General Grievous) "O he was so Lame"....This and That......Does the design of the character suck.....I dont think So.............So is SS and Attakus Grievous statues Lame..Ummmmmmmmmm I DONT THINK SO......................My point is that I am not Againts the movie It Is Pretty Good (To Over The Top Action Most of the time for my taste...... )..........It is so Sad.......I like when a Well Made Movie Like This Explodes the Box Office!!!!.........But A lot Crap On Film that gets Better Welcome in the box office..........My 2 Cents.............
SpenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2005, 11:46 PM   #15
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

That's very surprising. I was expecting at least 70 to 80mil. Man from Wednesday to sunday only 65mil? They must me very dissapointed. Man Narnia made 65 in 3 days.
The General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 12:31 AM   #16
bat_collector
Galactus

That's because Narnia rules!

Anyway, I really love narnia because I read the book as a kid and loved it.
bat_collector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 01:44 AM   #17
JSA
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

Sorry bc, but I think Kong is far better than Narnia IMHO, no matter what the box office take.
The Narnia film just didn't "click" for me. Neat characters and critters, but I just
didn't feel much for them like I did with the LOTR films.

Either way, I believe that Kong will sustain for a long haul, as the Rings Trilogy did,
but we shall see I guess. I'll definitely be going to see it again with my family, and
I'm happy to have the various Kong related statues and busts in my collection.

JS
JSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 02:56 AM   #18
Ghost
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpenK
Thats not the Point.......................A better example .....some People here actually because a dislike of a movie or sequels.....(Matrix For example)..........will not buy the Trinity on Bike...............Plain Stupid.................Another example.......Star wars episode III (General Grievous) "O he was so Lame"....This and That......Does the design of the character suck.....I dont think So.............So is SS and Attakus Grievous statues Lame..Ummmmmmmmmm I DONT THINK SO......................My point is that I am not Againts the movie It Is Amazing..........It is so Sad.......I like when a Magnificint Movie Like This Explodes the Box Office!!!!.........But A lot Crap On Film that gets Better Welcome in the box office..........My 2 Cents.............

Yeah I guess I kinda know what you're saying..somewhat. All I know is that I didn't like the Matrix sequels, but I like the Trinity statue, I think it's great, but I don't see how that has to do with the box office, or us not buying Kong stuff cause of it's box office sufferings?
Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 06:28 AM   #19
JM28Cardiff
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zurbaran1
Yes, absolutely. Personally I would love to see this in an empty theatre and not have to deal with the idiots providing commentary, munching on candy, or trying to keep their crying babies entertained.
I'd like to open my own cinema....No under 21's allowed, no food or drinks sold, no exiting the cinema once the film starts (why do people choose the best bits to suddenly go to the toilet?), no mobile (cell) phones allowed, no talking allowed...It'd probably go out of business really quick, but at least I could see films without disturbance! Going to the cinema has become too much of a mass, regular activity. When I was a kid, going to the cinema was a treat, now people go just to hang out, they don't even care whats on the screen.

When I saw Transporter 2 the other day, there was actually a tear in the screen! I told the manager, and he couldnt care less!
JM28Cardiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 06:36 AM   #20
Ghost
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JM28Cardiff
I'd like to open my own cinema....No under 21's allowed, no food or drinks sold, no exiting the cinema once the film starts (why do people choose the best bits to suddenly go to the toilet?), no mobile (cell) phones allowed, no talking allowed...It'd probably go out of business really quick, but at least I could see films without disturbance! Going to the cinema has become too much of a mass, regular activity. When I was a kid, going to the cinema was a treat, now people go just to hang out, they don't even care whats on the screen.

When I saw Transporter 2 the other day, there was actually a tear in the screen! I told the manager, and he couldnt care less!

Haha you're not the first to think of that. I took have talked about creating such a cinema. Unfortunately I would have to appeal to the more artsy and indie, yuppie crowd in order to make any money.

Last time I went, they had teens running around through each room, just tossing each other popcorn and causing a scene. They said, "that's what we do, it's fun". Right. When I went to see Ghost in the Shell 2, the subs were all messed up and they wouldn't start it over the correct way so they decided to just refund our money back instead!
Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote