Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 12-15-2005, 11:32 PM   #21
boondocksaint
Painter / Troublemaker
Producer

lewis was fantastic in gangs of new york....one of my favorite characters.
boondocksaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2005, 11:35 PM   #22
Ghost
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

I didn't think he was that great
Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2005, 01:19 AM   #23
bat_collector
Galactus

Brody should never have won. It was Daniel Day Lewis's oscar.

But, while we are on that subject.

How come Kate Winslet didnt win for Eternal Sunshine of hte Spotless Mind and that horse-faced swine Hilary Skank has two oscars? I hate that witch!

How in heck did Clint "older than dirt" Eastwood win best director twice and poor martin scorscese, who has only made some of the most influenital films of all time not get an oscar yet.

How come it took Al Pacino to play a blind man who says "hoo ya" to win an Oscar?

And how does Kate Winslet still not have an oscar!!! man I'm still miffed about that.
bat_collector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2005, 05:56 AM   #24
MiamiLoco
BD is the best (and I'm not talkin' about Bowen Designs)!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bat_collector
How in heck did Clint "older than dirt" Eastwood win best director twice and poor martin scorscese, who has only made some of the most influenital films of all time not get an oscar yet.
Cause "Million Dollar Baby" was an overall stronger/better film than "The Aviator."
MiamiLoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2005, 07:22 AM   #25
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost
I didn't think he was that great
G. I'm surprised
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2005, 07:29 AM   #26
Ghost
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiLoco
Cause "Million Dollar Baby" was an overall stronger/better film than "The Aviator."

I agree even though I love both flicks, MDB was much more.

And B, heh well I loved the Pianist, and Gangs of New York while for me the premise was ok, and I thought DDL was great as the Butcher, I guess it just threw me off when I was reading stuff like he wouldn't answer to anybody and would only listen to Eminem to get in role, and I was like geez come on, so I guess I was a bit miffed at that. Still The Last of the Mohicans is one of my fave flicks as well.

I like to watch the Oscars though, they're fun, at least if they got Billy or Gary Shandling hosting and the skits. As for who wins, it sucks that alot of times nowadays, the really good flicks that come from the indie companies never get their mailers out to the judges, and most of the judges never see those flicks in the theatres due to the small amount of releases out. But that still shouldn't answer for when their's big names and movies involved and they get robbed.
Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2005, 05:53 PM   #27
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
How come Kate Winslet didnt win for Eternal Sunshine of hte Spotless Mind and that horse-faced swine Hilary Skank has two oscars? I hate that witch!

How Hilary looks or how old Clint is has nothing to do with their talent. They were the best in that year and both deserved to win. Hands down.

Martin Scorscese doesn't deserve an oscar for having made some of the most influential films of all time when his directing wasn't as good as Clint's. A lifetime achievement award, maybe. Or maybe some year again he'll make a film that deserves it in that year and win it. He should have won it for Raging Bull.
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2005, 06:03 PM   #28
Zurbaran1
Mod Guru

Quote:
Brody should never have won. It was Daniel Day Lewis's oscar.

But, while we are on that subject.

How come it took Al Pacino to play a blind man who says "hoo ya" to win an Oscar?

And how does Kate Winslet still not have an oscar!!! man I'm still miffed about that.
I think Bat_Collector has taken a turn to the Dark Side in his recent postings.
Zurbaran1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 11:28 AM   #29
bat_collector
Galactus

I've always been on the dark side!

But come on MIllion dollar baby was just rocky with a chick and death at the end. Good movie, but not this great movie so many think it is. And I can't help but think the woman who was in the Core and Karate Kid has two oscars and poor kate, who has made good movies since she was 17, has gone unrecognized. Plus she's hot!

and martin scorscesee has lost twice now to Clint and Mr. pedophilia himself, Polanski! Just give the man an oscar already, what does he have to do to win!

I also hate forrest gump!
bat_collector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 12:09 PM   #30
risingstar
Jedi Order

Quote:
I've always been on the dark side!

But come on MIllion dollar baby was just rocky with a chick and death at the end. Good movie, but not this great movie so many think it is.
and martin scorscesee has lost twice now to Clint and Mr. pedophilia himself, Polanski!

I also hate forrest gump!

1) Kate Winslett will get her Oscar soon enough... I just don't think she's hit one out of the park just yet.
2) Forrest gump was amazing. Loved that film. Are you mad?
3) Scorcese should have won for Raging Bull and Good Fellas (even if those films weren't half as amazing).
4) Million dollar baby may have been 20 minutes too long, it was still a great film. There are very few directors out there that get the best out of actors like he does.
5) The Pacino Oscar for "Scent of a Woman" was a make-up award for not winning for "Scarface". That sort of thing is done all the time.

P.S. Jonny Depp deserves an Oscar already.
risingstar is offline   Reply With Quote