Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Leave it to the Professionals Please > Mike Hill

Old 10-30-2008, 06:14 PM   #141
Bobby C
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

$$$$???????
Bobby C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 07:20 PM   #142
TOM S.
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Sounds intriguing to say the least! Can't wait for the unveiling(s)... Glad to have you back,Mike!
TOM S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 09:16 PM   #143
TOM S.

Mike, I was just wondering if you have ever given thought to producing a series of dvds outlining the process of creating a full figure - from initial concept to the completion of the finished piece? Not necessarily focussing on obtaining the likeness as much as providing insight into the planning, production and display of the finished piece? Just a thought.
Old 12-23-2008, 02:55 PM   #144
spenca7
Loki

Hey Mike, any word on when the article of the Joker bust you did will be out?
spenca7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 04:07 PM   #145
Mike Hill
Sculptor
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by spenca7 View Post
Hey Mike, any word on when the article of the Joker bust you did will be out?
I'm afraid that likely isn't happening. I prepared it but the Ledger Joker quickly became over-saturated.
Only 5 days ago I was asked for a brand new version. I was tempted now that I have actual reference this time around(!) but there are plenty of other Ledger Jokers for the client to choose from.
I have never been one to keep rehashing a character, there aren't enough clients to warrant 10 different Jokers, regardless of how well each is done.

I did mine on an artistic whim and enjoyed doing it and am proud of it. Is it perfect? nah but when I started it, it came from the heart - not for kudos or financial gain. Once other people make the same character it becomes a case of comparison and to some a competition.

Doing a new version would of seemingly put me in that arena.

I have more respect for fellow artists and am far too busy than to try to outdo others.
I'm past that stuff.

Of course there are only so many characters and its only natural that artists will do thier own take. I guess its all down to timing and respect.

I used to be very involved in the garage kit field and it was the same then.If I heard Geometric were doing a Predator then of course I would steer clear for a while.

I remember I had a GREAT friend who was also a kit sculptor.I know he was a fan of the Wolfman and I was pumped to do one.I called him and asked if he was doing one he said he considered it down the road but wouldnt bother if I did one. So I did it, and I continued talking with him everyday.Then out of the blue I read online that he is doing one,I call him,we discuss it, he then sends me an email (which I still have) saying he apologised and admitted it would be a crappy thing to do.I told him that very courteous of him. Then out of the blue he puts one on line with not even the decency to tell me he was doing it and HAD been doing it for weeks. So of course then you have less potential customers.I called him but he didnt even call back or write his reasons. To be honest I wouldnt of cared if only he had been upfront. I'm still baffled. He was good friend.

I apologise for the rant...I'm waiting for eyes to cure up and got carried away!

MH
Old 12-23-2008, 05:12 PM   #146
Mike Hill
Sculptor
Sculptor

Damn eyes are taking way too long in this cold weather.

Let me take this oppurtunity to wish everyone A Merry Christmas and prosperous New Year.

MH
Old 01-01-2009, 12:03 AM   #147
TOM S.

Looking forward to seeing what you have in store for 2009, Mike! A belated Merry Christmas and a prosperous New Year to you and everyone!!!
Old 01-04-2009, 11:58 AM   #148
TOM S.

Any updates on the dvd,Mike?
Old 01-05-2009, 08:38 PM   #149
Vader
Ghost

Mike, you around? Miss hearing from you.
Vader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 08:34 PM   #150
TOM S.

Yeah, we definitely miss you Mike! Hopefully all is well and you have some great things in the works ? Take care and Best wishes -Tom