Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 03-05-2021, 04:17 PM   #231
Augen
Metal Men

Spoiler
I think expectations are a funny thing. I really thought the whole television and eras aspect would come back in the conclusion. Agatha and Wanda battling in Westview as it warps around the 50s-00s eras in all sorts of wild trippy and creative ways. I thought we we got was fine, but visually lacked the imagination I anticipated after all the cool transitions we saw in episodes 2-7.

In regards to Quicksilver. I feel bad for my brother. He loves the character and much preferred the Fox version feeling let down by MCU one even saying "Fox Quicksilver in MCU" be his dream. He was SO excited to see him only for the rug to ripped out from under him for a joke. I don't think he's been this down on the whole MCU since they did the fake Mandarin on him in Iron Man 3.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2021, 08:41 PM   #232
Y3E
Gen 13

The last episode was very enjoyable. Hope to see more of all the characters in future shows, whether season 2 or other series.
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2021, 10:41 PM   #233
MKS
Nightwing

That was excellent.
MKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2021, 11:38 PM   #234
off
The X-Men

I don't know, thought the finale was kind of blah.
off is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2021, 01:11 AM   #235
Demona
Martian Manhunter

I wanted more outta that, things I thought we might get but didn’t. However, parts were really touching.
Demona is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2021, 01:26 AM   #236
jeremydmc
Black Panther

The finale was a little less than I was hoping for (I had plenty of theories that didn't pan out) but it still hit me in the feels pretty hard and I enjoyed it.
jeremydmc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2021, 01:49 AM   #237
Demona
Martian Manhunter

I’m just a big fan of how throughout the series they didn’t sugarcoat that what Wanda was doing was selfish, dangerous, and damaging to people. And that she is a powerful AF being.
Demona is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2021, 10:49 AM   #238
Jesse Custer
Hellboy

I really liked the finale, it was actually my favourite episode of the whole show.

Spoiler
Of course some of the theories were cool, but I liked how the focus of the show never got away from the Wanda and Vision relationship. And I think introducing a new villain, like Mephisto, or Dr Strange making a cameo would take away the spotlight from the two protagonists.

We also had a lot of great moments, my favourite being Wanda becoming the Scarlet Witch. One of my problems was Agatha's generic motivations which I thought could have been better developed.

One of my biggest problems with Marvel, during a long time, is how some of their films felt a little "incomplete" and looked like their objective was to hype their next "event" without giving a proper care to conclude the actual movie. I was glad that this didn't happen here.

I'm looking forward to their next projects. Marvel never looked better than now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh-a-tron View Post
Okay so, after watching it twice, my thoughts on the finale

Spoiler
While the season finale doesn't pay off the multitude of fan theories that have ripped through the internet over it's 8 week span, it did broil the series back to what it should essentially be about. Wanda, Vision and her grief over his death and never really getting closure after Thanos ripped the Mind Stone from him.

What it did Right:
The finale finally gives us what Agatha has been after, Wanda's power, and gives us the battle between the two that is literally on a movies scale and budget.

It also gives us the real Scarlet Witch, as Wanda finally is showing her true power level and the end credits scene gives us a glimpse at her future and actually might hurl us towards one of the fan theories that have been floating around. Seeing her in her Scarlet Witch form actually gave me goosebumps.

It also gives us a close to Wanda's grief over Vision with a truly sad goodbye. The final scene between the two is a punch to the chest, but..I'll get to this "but" later.

It also gives us a mid-credits scene promising more from standout Monica Rambeau. Giving her another outing in the Secret Invasion show that Marvel has in the works.

What it did Wrong:
The Even Peters cameos being nothing more than slight of hand feels like a cheap trick and having him reduced to being "Ralph" was just an ugh moment.

Hayward being arrested feels justified but not having Monica be the one to take him into custody feels off. After all he wronged Monica on multiple levels, it just didn't feel right with her not being involved in bringing him in. Also this leaves the Sword agency with a major vacancy and it's never addressed.

Lastly, there's now another Vision running around the MCU. While Vision is a great character and this does come from the comics leaving another Vision out there did lessen the Goodbye at the end of the show, so while it was still a punch to the chest it didn't feel like a true ending and more like a "We'll see this again later".

What's Next:
Monica is obviously destined to go up to Space with Nick Fury and be apart of Secret Invasion, which I think is an excellent choice and her and Nick with the Skrulls feels like an excellent fit.

Wanda studying the Darkhold and being called by her children feels like the beginning of a new Big Bad for the MCU and yes, that fan theory about Mephisto does feel like a good fit here. Enter Doctor Strange and The Multiverse of Madness.

With Hayward being arrested and Agatha being imprisoned that leaves three characters fates up in the air. White Vision is some where in the MCU and where he pops up next is anyone's guess. I do hold out hope we see more from Darcy and Agent Woo as future characters in the MCU as I thought both did a great job but were under utilized as the series came to a close.

Overall, I loved this first series from Marvel Studios. It did close with some questions and questionable choices, but as an stand alone story that leaves us wanting more I give it an 8.5/10.
Great post and I agree with most of the points made.
Jesse Custer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2021, 10:50 AM   #239
Jesse Custer
Hellboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
I’m just a big fan of how throughout the series they didn’t sugarcoat that what Wanda was doing was selfish, dangerous, and damaging to people. And that she is a powerful AF being.
Yeah, I also liked their approach to Wanda's actions.
Jesse Custer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2021, 12:19 PM   #240
Iko Iko
The InJustice League

I wished they actually would have toned down the fight sequences in the finale. The smaller moments on this show were more affecting IMO.
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote