Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 03-27-2016, 11:44 PM   #111
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpuli28 View Post
Are you singing the same tune for Lex Luthor/Eisenberg?
I liked Eisenberg in the role and, given clearer direction and narrative, he could have been a great villain. Certainly not a traditional Lex, but a viable one. My biggest issues with the character wasn't his look or age, but came when he would seemingly slip into Ledger's Joker.
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 11:46 PM   #112
jpuli28
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
I think some of this goes back to Academy Awards issue this year with minority actors complaining there is not enough parts for them. I think this is part of the solution by changing the race of various characters in the movies...

You figure back in the 30's-60's when these characters were created everyone of them was white, mostly because people did look down on minorities at that time and making a minority character a lead in comic books would probably meant failure at the news stand.

I get both sides of this, you want the character to stay as close to the classic as you can, but at the same time these movies take a lot of liberties with the story and characters so why not change up the race of a character.
That doesn't make it acceptable or right. Create a NEW character then if you want to appease affirmative action.
Don't go changing the character we all grew up with to placate some whiners that cant earn recognition on their own merit.
Your changing characters to appease those who didn't grow up with the character for the most part. For them you create a new character, don't change the old one.
Sorry, this topic just burns me, it coincides with reverse discrimination, reverse affirmative action. Everyone wanting a handout because of some delusional entitlement.

Rant over
jpuli28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 11:47 PM   #113
EnShinNoi
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matches Malone View Post
I liked Eisenberg in the role and, given clearer direction and narrative, he could have been a great villain. Certainly not a traditional Lex, but a viable one. My biggest issues with the character wasn't his look or age, but came when he would seemingly slip into Ledger's Joker.
Yeah he was a bit Joker-ish at times. I think it's because his motives were so unclear throughout the movie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseye View Post
This is the funniest review I have ever heard.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTKDtoBR-2M
That entire review is very close to how I felt but I still appreciate the things it achieved. Snyder is too hung up on symbolism. He's a good visionary but needs to consider his audience more. Pacing should never be sacrificed.
EnShinNoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 11:51 PM   #114
jpuli28
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matches Malone View Post
So was this not Synder's doing, the one you trust?

I don't have a problem with Eisenberg's look or age either, the portrayal of the character was horrible.
jpuli28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 11:29 AM   #115
Bishop40
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

never knew gotham and metropolls where so close, just separate by a body of lake.
Bishop40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 12:34 PM   #116
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bishop40 View Post
never knew gotham and metropolls where so close, just separate by a body of lake.
That was a self declared "big change" that Snyder said he implemented in he film. I didn't like it myself as it was for the short sighted purpose of having the final battle(s) take place in both cities.

I would have preferred the BvS match in Metropolis and Doomsday battle in Gotham, with a NYC to Philadelphia type distance between them. Amongst a plethora of changes I would have made to the film.

Last edited by Matches Malone; 03-28-2016 at 01:01 PM.
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 04:33 PM   #117
VaultMan
Advanced Tweet Mechanic
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joefixit2 View Post
Snyder's comment about Jimmy Olson getting shot in the beginning:

We just did it as this little aside because we had been tracking where we thought the movies were gonna go, and we don’t have room for Jimmy Olsen in our big pantheon of characters, but we can have fun with him, right?”

And this is the guy you want leading the charge for the DC films? You don't know what to do with a classic character so you just randomly kill him off?
Horrible. And lacks imagination truly...
VaultMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 04:36 PM   #118
VaultMan
Advanced Tweet Mechanic
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor57 View Post
Just got out. It's not as good as the fanboys are making, and it's not as bad as the critics are making it. It was a middle of the road comic movie. Couple of notes.

1. Gal was good. I was worried she couldn't pull it off due to bad acting in the past, but she's improved. I'm glad she proved me wrong as her scenes were all very enjoyable.

2. Affleck has done the best job of playing both Bruce and Batman. He was really great.

3. Not Eisenbergs fault, but Lex was terrible. He was all over the place.
I just cant see how WW could steal something from Bruce Wayne, and put it back in his car without him knowing. Is this Batman or what?!?
VaultMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 05:45 PM   #119
JP Sarri
Retired Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bishop40 View Post
Exactly. What the hell?!
JP Sarri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 05:46 PM   #120
JP Sarri
Retired Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaultMan View Post
I just cant see how WW could steal something from Bruce Wayne, and put it back in his car without him knowing. Is this Batman or what?!?
That was clearly one of those WTF moments.
JP Sarri is offline   Reply With Quote