Statue Forum 


XM Studios


Tweeterhead



StatueForum on Twitter StatueForum on Facebook StatueForum on YouTube
Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > First4Figures / Gaming Heads

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-26-2017, 06:57 AM   #41
ovp3664
A day without sunshine is like... night.
 
ovp3664's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Down Under
Posts: 231
Hi Alf_1,

How do you now feel about this updated version ? I gather you have seen it.

I personally like the worn and weathered look myself.

Good news as well to see First 4 Figures are giving more collectors the chance to grab one this weekend. Might upset others of course.
ovp3664 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 06:54 PM   #42
ALF_1
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.
 
ALF_1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 182
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovp3664 View Post
Hi Alf_1,

How do you now feel about this updated version ? I gather you have seen it.

I personally like the worn and weathered look myself.

Good news as well to see First 4 Figures are giving more collectors the chance to grab one this weekend. Might upset others of course.
I have to admit, the updated version looks amazing and I am still happy with the overall look. I think I still would like that clean pristine look as it was a magical mask that can not whether. But, the new color changes and better effects to the eyes as well as horns look much better now.

I would say I would buy both versions and even though I usually like clean pristine items, weathering if done correctly can give an item a nice effect, so I'm sure I will still be very happy with my EX when it arrives. I am really hyped up to get this ASAP and can't wait for the final payments to start again.
ALF_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 03:22 PM   #43
ALF_1
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.
 
ALF_1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 182
Some production pics were posted on Facebook and I cant wait to get this in hand. I think the production is a little past the half way point so hopefully its coming maybe end of Q1 or in Q2?
ALF_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 05:20 PM   #44
ovp3664
A day without sunshine is like... night.
 
ovp3664's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Down Under
Posts: 231
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALF_1 View Post
Thanks for the reply. I guess we have to respect the Licensors original ideas, but a prestine clean version is still better in a lot of collectors opinions..

We all know Nintendo doesn't always make the best decisions and this was a bad choice as well, but I will respect your answer and that's what Nintendo wants you to do.

I should express my concern to Nintendo that 2 versions should be offered, but that would be like asking them to release Mario Kart 8 Blue Shell collector edition in all of the US like they did for Europe and not just release it in Nintendo World New York, but that's Nintendo for ya, unconnected to there fans. Thanks....

F4F is the best though and I hope this will turn out good. I'm worried about the worn weathered look not being as good as the smooth clean look and I guess I will decide when I get it if I will keep it or not.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALF_1 View Post
I have to admit, the updated version looks amazing and I am still happy with the overall look. I think I still would like that clean pristine look as it was a magical mask that can not whether. But, the new color changes and better effects to the eyes as well as horns look much better now.

I would say I would buy both versions and even though I usually like clean pristine items, weathering if done correctly can give an item a nice effect, so I'm sure I will still be very happy with my EX when it arrives. I am really hyped up to get this ASAP and can't wait for the final payments to start again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALF_1 View Post
Some production pics were posted on Facebook and I cant wait to get this in hand. I think the production is a little past the half way point so hopefully its coming maybe end of Q1 or in Q2?
Yeah Im eagerly awaiting its arrival. Looking great. I thought I read somewhere they were hoping to have some shipped before the Chinese New Year. Maybe
ovp3664 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 08:55 PM   #45
silentwinter92
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 350
No. Not all collectors like clean and pristine stuff, I like game accurate stuff. I think f4f and Nintendo did the right thing here making the prop more realistic and the surge of preorders speaks for itself. The previous version still looked like a toy to me, now it actually resembles a replica.
silentwinter92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 04:50 AM   #46
ALF_1
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.
 
ALF_1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 182
Quote:
Originally Posted by silentwinter92 View Post
No. Not all collectors like clean and pristine stuff, I like game accurate stuff. I think f4f and Nintendo did the right thing here making the prop more realistic and the surge of preorders speaks for itself. The previous version still looked like a toy to me, now it actually resembles a replica.
I never said all collectors want prestine and I said a lot of collectors like a prestine look, but whethering can be nice when done well too. In the game Majoras Mask due to the low details in graphics you could not see if that mask was whethered or if it was a prestine magical mask that doesnt age or get dirty because its a Magical Mask. It was Nintendo’s decision to add the texture like that and not F4F.

Also, the surge of pre orders is not due to them making the right change here and they had that surge of pre orders way before the changes were even talked about or made. People pre ordered it as the prestine version and then it changed to the updated textured version when Pre Orders were already finished.

Either way, like I said it still looks great with the new changes and I feel both versions could have passed for in game accuracy from a N64 Graphics standpoint. Its not the accuracy of the in game that was the aim for Nintendo, but it is what Nintendo wanted because the new updated mask is how they originally envisioned it to be in the game. In the N64 days they could not display the full details due to the challanges of hardware at that time.. So, in reality those details are not actually in game accurate because they could not be achieved with N64 graphics. Those details are what Nintendo imagined it to to be like in game, but in game it was not.

Now, in todays time with newer digital texture techniques it is now easier for companies to add texture and once Nintendo knew that is possible to add it they requested the change to be more accurate to their vision.

A prop can look very realistic being prestine or whethered and I know when my Exclusive arrives I will be super dupa happy!

I would have to see both versions in person to determine if I like the first proto look better or the new updated look, but the new updated pics are looking stellar! Im ok with the texture changes and the paint color changes is a good thing as well..
ALF_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 05:11 AM   #47
ALF_1
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.
 
ALF_1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 182
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovp3664 View Post
Yeah Im eagerly awaiting its arrival. Looking great. I thought I read somewhere they were hoping to have some shipped before the Chinese New Year. Maybe
Where did you read that? I know the payment plan starts back up in February for i think i have 2 payments left. So, Im thinking they will not ship any before the Chinese New Year. China is basically shut down for the next month... lol

Why cant they shut down the US for a month for our new years. Lol ... Companies still should pay us the employees with the time off and give us time to rest for all the money we make the owners.
ALF_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 09:27 PM   #48
ovp3664
A day without sunshine is like... night.
 
ovp3664's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Down Under
Posts: 231
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALF_1 View Post
Where did you read that? I know the payment plan starts back up in February for i think i have 2 payments left. So, Im thinking they will not ship any before the Chinese New Year. China is basically shut down for the next month... lol

Why cant they shut down the US for a month for our new years. Lol ... Companies still should pay us the employees with the time off and give us time to rest for all the money we make the owners.
They said they were hoping too !!!!! Doesn't mean it will happen. Or is going to happen.
ovp3664 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 07:05 AM   #49
BurningRage
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?
 
BurningRage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 5,933
Getting charged June 13.
BurningRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 09:10 PM   #50
dao2
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?
 
dao2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 8,110
Got my mask today, looks awesome and well done. F4F is as dependable as ever.
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS

Prototypezstudios

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:40 PM.



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright StatueForum.com