Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Kotobukiya

Old 10-22-2018, 08:19 PM   #231
Alter Ego
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelyface View Post
The first couple sets they've released are fantastic, and really incomparable to other physical x-men products. For me this is the X-men I know and love. I've never seen a statue, or figure ever made that captures the characters 'on model' as this line does. I would rather have these 10 figures than 100 in the marvel legends line
Completely agree! At first I was a little worried that the paint didn't match the other ARTFX+ pieces, but after getting my first set I was sold. So glad they have 10 guaranteed characters, and I'm really hoping they have some new announcements early next year. If they do go deeper in the line, I will buy every character. If you agree, make a post in the "Ask Koto" section. They're back and they're listening.
Alter Ego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 10:25 PM   #232
QUick16tt
Doh!

I am still 100% all in on this line. They really look like they jumped off the screen of the cartoon. I do also collect the new X-Men Marvel Legends line and I would gladly take the Statues over the Marvel Legends. I asked in the Q&A about the future of this line and from the response I think we will get more. Let’s support this line and keep it going strong.
QUick16tt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 11:19 PM   #233
JoeWorf
The Herculoids

Quote:
I would rather have these 10 figures than 100 in the marvel legends line
As they say, everyone is entitled to their opinion.
I'm just the opposite on this one. I've collected the Marvel Legends line going back to the Toy Biz days and I've seen wide swings in quality, execution and diversity in the line. Hasbro, of late, has definitely upped their game on most offerings across all the lines including X-Men, MCU and the Spider-verse. The Koto stuff failed to dazzle me, as the '92 line was "soft" in sculpting (attributable to the original cartoon source material) and overpriced, too boot. If you truly want to go "deep" in the line, Marvel Legends may be your best bet.
JoeWorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 12:34 AM   #234
Tushar
Hellboy

Quote:
For me this is the X-men I know and love. I've never seen a statue, or figure ever made that captures the characters 'on model' as this line does. I would rather have these 10 figures than 100 in the marvel legends line
To each his own. If this was the X-Men: Evolution line, I probably would've felt the same way. But I just can't justify buying this roster at this price. Happy with my legends.
Tushar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 01:41 AM   #235
markuz30
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Just received Cyclops and Beast set.. Another awesome set from kotobukiya. I have to say, Beast was spot on cartoon Accurate. Cyclops is nice as well. I am really excited to see them slowly growing... From their preview it seems like professor X will be the next one to be released. My only minor complain is that I wish they had a bit more shading, it will be more awesome I guess.
markuz30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 05:23 PM   #236
rjszar
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

No disrespect to those who collect Marvel Legends (and yes I do) or other Koto statues (once again, I do), but why is it so hard to understand that these are statues of cartoons. They are NOT figures or statues representing comic appearance. They are by their very nature different from everything else. They are exactly what they are supposed to be and that is what makes them awesome. Sure I want lots of characters, but the Legends line is not a substitute for these, fantastic or not, deep or not.
rjszar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 09:29 PM   #237
JoeWorf
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjszar View Post
but why is it so hard to understand that these are statues of cartoons. They are NOT figures or statues representing comic appearance.
Quote:
the '92 line was "soft" in sculpting (attributable to the original cartoon source material) and overpriced, too boot.
No disrespect and again you're entitled to your opinion, but I believe I addressed the source issue in my post, but I was primarily responding to another poster's rather harsh rebuke of the Marvel Legends line. Another poster's suggestion of ML as a "deeper" alternative was likely an intended helpful response to your own lament (thrice even) and disenchantment that Koto didn't "go deep' or "didn't have legs". I understand your disappointment but perhaps you don't understand that the line is essentially over. At the end of the day you'll have what you want and I will have what I want. Cheers!
JoeWorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 05:29 AM   #238
Griffon
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Final product samples of Storm & Bishop:

Griffon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 03:29 PM   #239
QUick16tt
Doh!

Those look great I have them on pre order!! I believe Professor X is due this month can’t wait to add him to the collection.
QUick16tt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 05:41 PM   #240
supermetroid
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunnipot85 View Post
I think the series might be done because she says "this is almost the entire series, minus Rogue and Gambit"

I hope I am wrong because I really wanted a Jim Lee Jean Grey

They could pack her with Morph and than the core X-men team from the show would be done, right? Also seems a waste to not have any villains.

Yeah, this is the reason I don't like jumping into lines anymore. I prefer to have heroes and villains, so this line is a big nope for me even if the prices came down to what I think's more reasonable.
supermetroid is offline   Reply With Quote