Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 02-27-2016, 12:03 PM   #121
Valkyrie
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidLiquidFox View Post
What people want for Batman Beyond is way too simplistic for a 1/3 $930 statue. The "correct" version of the Beyond outfit is the animated version. Looking at that maquette above, that is what some people basically want in here. I compare that against what Prime 1 is doing right now and there is no contest: at this price and scale the game version they are doing is the right call.
Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2016, 01:41 PM   #122
MrJones
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

That maquette above is friggin awesome, is that old?
MrJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2016, 02:15 PM   #123
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
What people want for Batman Beyond is way too simplistic for a 1/3 $930 statue. The "correct" version of the Beyond outfit is the animated version. Looking at that maquette above, that is what some people basically want in here. I compare that against what Prime 1 is doing right now and there is no contest: at this price and scale the game version they are doing is the right call.
Lol good point.... I want one which looks like the original batman beyond. But then for the scale and money it's too simple... Now I'm so confused on what to do. I like it and I hate it. See what you did now
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2016, 04:33 PM   #124
SuperJ300
Zot

Quote:
Originally Posted by generalzodlives View Post
I have no idea where I'll put this either, but I really want it.
Same here!

It will be nice just to win it, and take it out of the box now and then.
SuperJ300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2016, 10:33 PM   #125
Xenoburger
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

I don't want a cartoon version. I want a realistic take on the cartoon version. That's not what this is. This is more like a generic, tactical, Ironman/robot suit.
Xenoburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2016, 12:54 AM   #126
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenoburger View Post
I don't want a cartoon version. I want a realistic take on the cartoon version. That's not what this is. This is more like a generic, tactical, Ironman/robot suit.
This is so true as well. In that case for the money and how many 1/3 is coming out all at once it will be a ėasy pass for me. The money is going towards jim Lee batman, maybe frank miller, and the other bat characters until justice league gets the prime1 1/3 treatment. In other words for a grand a statue if you don't really love it. Why order it? I assure you all the money will be spent anyways on other prime1 releases. Lol
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2016, 12:58 AM   #127
Annihilus
Doh!

He is going to be my fourth preorder from Prime 1...and then I will stop until they show me something from their upcoming Ultraman range...well, I hope so.
Annihilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2016, 08:22 AM   #128
SolidLiquidFox
Savage Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenoburger View Post
I don't want a cartoon version. I want a realistic take on the cartoon version.
I don't know what this could be. The animated version is sleek, simple and streamlined. You add too much detail/embelishment and it no longer is a Beyond outfit. You add too little detail to make it what it's supposed to be and it's not a $930 statue.

That's just me.
SolidLiquidFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2016, 11:06 AM   #129
El Diablo
Doom Patrol

Quote:
Quote:
I don't know what this could be. The animated version is sleek, simple and streamlined. You add too much detail/embelishment and it no longer is a Beyond outfit. You add too little detail to make it what it's supposed to be and it's not a $930 statue.

That's just me.
Yeah agree with all that, and besides it looks pretty close to that pic of an early beyond suit posted by adamtheanimal
El Diablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2016, 07:03 PM   #130
Xenoburger
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:

That's just me.
Well if they ever get around to making an accurate 1/3 Batman Beyond suit, it doesn't have to be $930.

I'm okay with more detail being added to the base design, but having a bunch of robotic parts added on completely defeats the purpose of the suit. The suit is so advanced that all the tech is supposed to be inside the fabric. It's supposed to look, as you said, sleek and simple. Over-complicating something doesn't make it better.
Xenoburger is offline   Reply With Quote