Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 03-21-2016, 12:30 AM   #201
Blasterkid
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

I was not a big fan of the lower half of his figure (which I kept going back to when I'd look at it)...I didn't like his shoes, the thigh pads, knee pads and honestly even the gauntlets on his arms/...sounds weird but also the clips for his gear seem generic. Between this and the overall design of the Arkham Knight...I think he's (arkham knight) got more interesting armor and gear...plus the guns are very cool....I LOVE the color and base on this one...but I can't get a 1/3 figure where half the statue just doesn't look cool to me. I am sure down the road someone will nail this character and I will get one...might even be Prime 1. This is a fantastic piece...but wasn't for me ultimately.
Blasterkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 10:36 AM   #202
candyrocket786
Suicide Squad

The wait for this is going to kill me.
candyrocket786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 12:35 PM   #203
OrangeCrush
Kindly Asked To Leave

I am absolutely in love with this piece and just couldn't resist pre ordering it. Funny thing is, I just made a post earlier today in the Sideshow Bale Batman thread stating what a great piece that was but I had no interest in buying it because I just recieved my Modern Batman Premium Format and I am just not the kind of collector that wants a bunch of different Batman statues. I really thought my Modern Batman would be my one and only Batman statue, but one look at this statue and I knew that was no longer the case. I simply have to add this to my collection.

This is just a stunning piece all the way around. Honestly, I think I am going to go the pedestal route for this statue and display him all by his lonesome. Something along the lines of this:

OrangeCrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 01:16 PM   #204
jpuli28
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

^ Mucho expensive those pedestals are hmmm
jpuli28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 01:39 PM   #205
OrangeCrush
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpuli28 View Post
^ Mucho expensive those pedestals are hmmm
But well worth it, especially for a statue of this quality!!
Old 03-22-2016, 12:09 PM   #206
decoyoctopus10
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCrush View Post
But well worth it, especially for a statue of this quality!!
What size and height are you going to get? I'm considering pedestals also.
decoyoctopus10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 05:56 PM   #207
OrangeCrush
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by decoyoctopus10 View Post
What size and height are you going to get? I'm considering pedestals also.
For the acrylic cover, I think I'll go with 18" x 18" x 44", but I need to know the precise measurment of the statues base before I am 100% certain. What I know for certain is that I don't want the top of the acrylic cover to be close to the top of the statue. I want a good deal of breathing room up top so I would defnitely go with the 44" height. Since the statue is 33" high, that would give me 11" of space above the statue. They do make a 48" version, but I think 44" will be perfect.

This picture is actually a good representation of the amount of space I am looking for height wise. IMO, the artwork being displayed just looks so much nicer with that extra 10-12" inches of space up top. And I think I am going with that same lighting setup.

That light, along with 2 small lights at the front corners of the pedestal would be perfect for this statue. Here is a picture that shows the kinds of lights I am talking about for the 2 front corners.

That pedestal has a light in each of the 4 corners. I would only want lights in the 2 front corners. I still have a lot of time to look around and research different pedestals and lighting set-ups, but I am fairly certain this is the set up I will ultimately wind up going with.

I would have the 2 corner lights, which would basically be like 45 degree lighting, hooked up to a dimmer which I would place on the back of the pedestal. I would dial down that lighting so it gave just a soft even fill light. That would make the lighting from the single down light far more dramatic. In the end, it will defnitely cost a pretty penny, but I absolutely LOVE this statue so it will definitely be worth it.
Old 06-18-2016, 11:06 AM   #208
Misterkoci
Doh!

Gold variant !!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	13418504_1701030573495993_8296711350721102724_o.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	81.1 KB
ID:	96559  
Misterkoci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2016, 11:44 AM   #209
Remember Me?
Hellfire Club

Waiting for the silver variant and bronze.
Remember Me? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2016, 12:24 PM   #210
Planeswalker
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCrush View Post
I am absolutely in love with this piece and just couldn't resist pre ordering it. Funny thing is, I just made a post earlier today in the Sideshow Bale Batman thread stating what a great piece that was but I had no interest in buying it because I just recieved my Modern Batman Premium Format and I am just not the kind of collector that wants a bunch of different Batman statues. I really thought my Modern Batman would be my one and only Batman statue, but one look at this statue and I knew that was no longer the case. I simply have to add this to my collection.

This is just a stunning piece all the way around. Honestly, I think I am going to go the pedestal route for this statue and display him all by his lonesome. Something along the lines of this:

Love this case! Where are they available? Company/ price?
Planeswalker is offline   Reply With Quote