Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 09-11-2017, 09:53 PM   #41
ryuhayabusa6787
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JadeGiant View Post
I don’t see quality as improved at all. Rather the opposite – as the companies try to cut corners to save money I think quality has gone the other way.
I have to agree with this sure sculpts are updated more complex better paintjob but I think the old school stuff you were getting WAY more for your money. Spending 350.00 on a average ss piece in my opinion I felt I was getting at least 650 worth of statue.

Spending 1k now I feel I'm getting 1k nothing else sometimes even less.

Unfortunately I wasn't in this hobby when a lot of the old school grails were selling at retail but honestly when I snag a few although I'm paying insane aftermarket prices honestly I don't mind it.

Paying same amount for new statues I throw a b$tchfit.
ryuhayabusa6787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 10:09 PM   #42
ryuhayabusa6787
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The SHOGUN View Post
Yes exactly!

What happens is people want to get in on the fun and start collecting the grails. They spend a $1000 + on a soon to be grail. They realize "---- I just spend $1000" on this giant thing with giant boxes. Now I want to sell it shouldn't be a problem, right...it's a grail the new sculpting is much better should be able to get my money back really fast, right? They put it up for sale what they paid...no interest cause the only people that would've bought these already got them from the get go. So they drop the price because they want it gone and they money and space back. Price drops a little maybe just eating the shipping. No takers, because there multiple sellers trying to do the same thing as you and maybe the buyers want to deal locally to get the best deal or maybe because maybe they're not as hot as everyone made them out to be. Then the only way to really move them to someone who is on the fence is by giving them a deal they can't refuse which results in the original buyer losing hundreds of dollars, as that is the only way to motivate the smart secondary market buyers who were the few on the fence from the get go.

This is how I see the new and improved 2017-2018 high end statue market (XM- P1) moral of the story, if you are gonna buy the big ridiculous pieces make sure you're buying to keep and collect, because buying these gigantic imports with crazy high shipping with appliance sized boxes are nightmares to get rid of.

You forgot one thing they then complain about low ball offers. You think buyers give a sh$t you were crazy enough to spend $500.00 shipping or 2k on the statue. They want it for way less and will eventually get it when your out of storage or can't buy a new 2k statue unless you sell something.
ryuhayabusa6787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 04:09 AM   #43
davide87ita
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

davide87ita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 04:27 AM   #44
ChaFoShizzle

Talking

That might be my favorite rendition of Hulk in statue form so far. I really like the overall musculature and anatomy. We shall see how it looks in this diorama though.
ChaFoShizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 04:29 AM   #45
ChaFoShizzle

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPmaster View Post
With regards to sculpt, detailing, paint apps, etc., the statues appearing now are so much better than the stuff of old. QC is another matter entirely though some of it has to do with the complexity of the pieces that are coming out now.
I agree, imo the newer pieces on average have much better sculpts, details, textures, paint apps and etc as you said.
ChaFoShizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 04:51 AM   #46
sdgs
Frackin!

Can you imagine how heavy it is?

Ill prolly need a mate to help me set it up
sdgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 04:59 AM   #47
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

I had this ordered decided to let my PO go. There are things I love about it but I couldn't justify deposit based on a picture. I'm not liking the head at all. For the money it had to be perfect Hulk for me so far it's not. What's with Weapon X lab set up again?
Subby1938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 08:10 AM   #48
Balthazar

I gonna pull the trigger and for me is the ultmate Hulk
Balthazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 10:54 PM   #49
4renzy
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryuhayabusa6787 View Post
You forgot one thing they then complain about low ball offers. You think buyers give a sh$t you were crazy enough to spend $500.00 shipping or 2k on the statue. They want it for way less and will eventually get it when your out of storage or can't buy a new 2k statue unless you sell something.
Sort of agree with this statement. I settled for the Master Replicas version instead.
4renzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 11:00 PM   #50
aa909
The Green Hornet

Quote:
Originally Posted by davide87ita View Post
the hulk sculpt looks awesome!! honestly don't need the bruce banner figure at all. IMO it detracts from how amazing the Hulk looks!!

IMO XM should scrap the "transformation" spin on this and get rid of banner and just produce this as a Hulk statue.
aa909 is offline   Reply With Quote