Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 04-14-2014, 05:07 PM   #1
El Pulento
The InJustice League

The Amazing Spider-Man 2 ***!!!*** Spoiler ***!!!*** Thread

Good movie overall I give it a 3.5/5. The Special Effects of Spidey flying through the Air was one of the best things I have seen in a movie. The acting from Emma Andrew, and Sally was also A+. I really enjoy the acting interaction between Andrew and Emma, also some strong scenes between Andrew and Sally. Dane Dehaan also impressed me, I have not seen him before but he reminded me of a young Dicaprio.

The Comedy was good and Andrew really nails the part and comic taiming with his speedy coments. My favorite scenes were when we is buying cold medicine and when we borrows the fire fighter helmet to bring down Electro.

The Scene were Gwen dies is My absolute favorite in the entire movie, is very strong and comic accurate. My second favorite scene was when the Young boy stands up against Rhino and then Spidey takes over, man that final action scene... Wow!!! Epic!!!

Just a couple of things that bugged me a little bit.

Stan Lees cameo, worst ever
Jamie Fooxs acting...meh...
Paul Giamattis acting double meh!! Man that is a talented actor... What a waste.
That the Green Gobling could master the flying thingy after only hours and the suite so well that he could even fight Spidey... Did not make any sence...

Soooo what are your thoughts.....
El Pulento is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 05:57 PM   #2
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Wait, Didn't you just say on the other thread "It was good, not great!! 3.5/5 from me"
Old 04-15-2014, 01:17 AM   #3
El Pulento
The InJustice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow View Post
Wait, Didn't you just say on the other thread "It was good, not great!! 3.5/5 from me"
Autospelling suggestion from My IPhone apparently I use the English Word great more than I use the word good...;-). There is corrected now...
El Pulento is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 09:16 AM   #4
AsOneDead
You got red on you

Agree with a lot of your points. The web slinging action through the city was really awesome, some of my favourite parts of the movie.
Usually the love story stuff in most comic movies is a bore and cheesy but I thought it's really well done in these Spider-man movies. Both the actors have good repoire and it just seems natural and fun, I guess cause they're actually going out in real life.

Electro was kind of lame, too under developed, he just seemed like such a cliche character. Also, his powers seemed to be way too over the top.
I was also expecting to see Rhino more, instead of just for a couple minutes in the end, that was disappointing and kind of pointless I thought.

The ending bugged me a little, he went back to being Spider-man too fast I thought. They had the cemetary montage to show the passage of time but it still felt like he got over Gwen's death too fast. I thought the movie would've been even better if it ended on a darker note with Peter giving up being Spider-man and not making a come back till the next movie.

Overall though it was a pretty good movie. Had a great time and I'll probably be seeing it again.
AsOneDead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 12:45 PM   #5
Spideristic
The Thunderbolts

See An X-Men: Days Of Future Past Sting on Amazing Spider-Man 2 | Movie News | Empire
Didn't expect this at all. Can someone confirm about this clip?

So this isn't exactly a crossover, but just a cross promotion between studios?
Spideristic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 06:44 PM   #6
AsOneDead
You got red on you

It's correct. There's only an X-Men clip, nothing else.
AsOneDead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 07:49 PM   #7
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

I thought that was very strange.
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 08:23 PM   #8
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

The reason for the Xmen clip in Spidey after credits
http://variety.com/2014/film/news/th...ve-1201158216/
Old 04-16-2014, 09:05 PM   #9
Spideristic
The Thunderbolts

Thanks, that explains it. Pure business reasons.
Spideristic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 10:50 AM   #10
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

My thoughts on the villains:

The main villain is Electro. Jamie really hams it up as the bumbling and insulated Max Dillon. And while some people will hate his turn as Max Dillon (I quite enjoyed it) his turn as Electro was fun. The special effects were excellent and I loved how he transported himself through the electrical grid. His initial battle sequence with Spidey in Time Square was a nice entrée. This battle show cases Spideys ability in a scrap but also his concern for bystanders (something missing from MOS). At this point Max is confused and unsure of himself and who his friends are. When he meets with Harry he is convinced that Spidey is the true enemy and his second battle with Spidey is a more serious affair. I loved how they handled his abilities to move through space. It was great to see Gwen provide Spidey much needed help and advice in this second battle so not your typical damsel in distress. I look forward to Electro being fleshed out more in future movies. As with all Spidey villains (with the exception of GG) his rogues are not inherently evil just misguided. That is what Jamie did well for me.

The second villain is Rhino. His opening sequence as Aleksei Sytsevich a Russian tug attempting to rob some serum from Oscorp was fun and over the top. Some brilliant Spidey sequences here. It was not until the final scene and Peter Parkers return as Spider-man do we meet Rhino an Oscorp creation (It appears Harry is assembling a Sinister Six). The scene is very short and is there to show that Spidey has not given up on his responsibility. This is largely thanks to Gwens speech which he watched on his computer. He missed the original speech dealing with Alexi at the beginning of the movie so a nice full circle there. Rhino was only introduced as an introduction to the SS and we will see much more of him in later movies.

Harry Osborn/Green Goblin was the least fleshed out (origin) of the three although we do see Harry descend into madness knowing he has the same illness as his father. It is ultimately his battle with Peter which brings the emotional pay off the director was looking for. The scene with Gwen was seen in complete silence. I hadn't experienced anything like it at the cinema before. In many ways it makes for a more personal Spidey v GG arc as Harry is Peters best friend. And now he is responsible for Gwen's faith. I know some will hate this twist but for me it makes sense and does not detract from the Gwen Stacy arc. Having been precluded from using the bridge as a result of Spider-man 1 and the MJ scene the location has also been altered but not to the determent of the film. The final scene with Harry now locked up in an asylum bodes well for the future of the franchise and for the SSix.