Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Chronicle Collectibles

Old 06-18-2017, 05:42 PM   #81
Bobfrog
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enforcer View Post
Pretty sure that one just wasn't finished, or possibly camera/lighting. I'm sure it's painted copper-ish for base coat.
Possibly. I don't think it was mentioned that they weren't finished just that they were painted by Paul.

As for lighting, well they're both in the same room but I guess it could be possible if one has a spotlight right on it. Wouldn't have thought it would give it that coppery /reddish look though.

I just hope that they can get them looking more like the 1:1 pieces as the anubis I have is excellent but Id rather get these in 1:2 scale for space saving purposes.
Bobfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 06:37 PM   #82
Enforcer
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Whatever the case, I'm judging it based on what the product page shows. Too many times have I seen their FB videos of them showcasing stuff and their lighting and phone camera streaming(I think it is)makes the finishes look like ass. BO rex is a good example of it. It got completely washed out. I wouldn't be surprised to learn some people bailed on their orders because what they were seeing on FB video matched all the crappy cell phone pictures that were coming in at release.

This is yet another example of many many many examples of why you do not judge product until professional pictures are released by people with real cameras and not whatever came with their smartphone. I cannot stress it enough the amount of times I've seen others do it and even myself time from time and every time mud on face occurred and I've only been around for a few years. I can only imagine how often this has happened since early 2000s when this hobby started to heat up. BUT...we are not at fault, frankly. People have learned with experience. Don't throw away your money on sub par efforts by a company.
Enforcer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 09:22 PM   #83
Enforcer

oh wow. I looked at the product page again and those pictures are alot closer to what's in the video than not. My bad.

But wow. I don't remember the 1:1 paint app being so....copper.
Old 06-19-2017, 10:38 AM   #84
clutch
Sailor Moon

Doesn't mean it's not gonna come back from China looking like crap.
clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 01:55 PM   #85
Python
Omega Red

I'm still a bit gutted about the pricing on these, I was very much hoping to get them. If I were in the USA, I still would. But international shipping is a joke, and then we have 20% plus on top of the whole price, it's just too much. Time to admit I'm starting to be priced out of some of this stuff and enjoy it from a far...
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 02:11 PM   #86
Enforcer

China did the 1:1 Anubis and that was fine but that 1/2 Anubis app does concern me. For sake of comparison, here's a product page Anubis vs Anubis. Left is 1:1 and right is 1:2. The chest area still bugs me

And just for the hell of it, Horus:

Horus would be pretty hard to get wrong since they were already doing the 1:1s. Anubis is definitely off. There's no reason not to finish it's paint app. In the past we could bring this up and Paul would know and the answer would be 'trust us' or 'o-oh ---- you're right I'm gonna check on it' but now without that guaranteed direct connection to the company, who knows. We may get a 1/2 Anubis that's right or one that looks like the current proto.

All FB people seem to be concerned with is asking questions about other products not related to the current showcase(in videos and pictures) or proclaiming how great something looks. They aren't the best group of people to depend on for praise and constructive criticism.
Old 06-19-2017, 06:07 PM   #87
Bobfrog
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enforcer View Post
China did the 1:1 Anubis and that was fine but that 1/2 Anubis app does concern me. For sake of comparison, here's a product page Anubis vs Anubis. Left is 1:1 and right is 1:2. The chest area still bugs me

And just for the hell of it, Horus:

Horus would be pretty hard to get wrong since they were already doing the 1:1s. Anubis is definitely off. There's no reason not to finish it's paint app. In the past we could bring this up and Paul would know and the answer would be 'trust us' or 'o-oh ---- you're right I'm gonna check on it' but now without that guaranteed direct connection to the company, who knows. We may get a 1/2 Anubis that's right or one that looks like the current proto.

All FB people seem to be concerned with is asking questions about other products not related to the current showcase(in videos and pictures) or proclaiming how great something looks. They aren't the best group of people to depend on for praise and constructive criticism.
Nice comparison pics Enforcer.

I just decided to have a look on their product page and was surprised to (unfortunately) see that coppery finish on the official marketing photos.
I don't overly understand it tbh. Why make it look so different - it's a completely different scale piece and not a case of needing to do a different paint job because its a variant in the same scale.

They should look identical in paint app.

If this is how they are going to come out then I may sadly have to pass.

They 1:2 scale piece just looks too 'new' to me. Not weathered or ancient enough.
Bobfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 06:30 PM   #88
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Python View Post
I'm still a bit gutted about the pricing on these, I was very much hoping to get them. If I were in the USA, I still would. But international shipping is a joke, and then we have 20% plus on top of the whole price, it's just too much. Time to admit I'm starting to be priced out of some of this stuff and enjoy it from a far...
Are they not having distributors for these in Europe that could get you them cheaper? I know shipping overseas has gone up incredibilly the last few years. I used to sell 30-40% overseas now I hardly ever do.
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 07:11 PM   #89
Enforcer

For him there's the problem of getting the discount pricing for both. CC makes it sound like the discount is exclusive to their website and if others do it they'll have to offer the discount themselves. Overseas peeps might be doomed to $750 pieces, and that is even higher over there.

That's quite the achievement for a 1/2 bust, touching it's 1:1 brother's pricing territory. The high end collectibles market is never good to people outside America with those taxes they have to pay.
Old 06-19-2017, 09:05 PM   #90
clutch
Sailor Moon

What's up with this?

clutch is offline   Reply With Quote