Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 09-28-2017, 02:18 PM   #31
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by adee View Post
Not sure I follow all the posts about it being to late. If you love a character won't you always love them? While I totally get the ill will towards Apsen as a company and think what they've become without Turner is sad, I loved Fathom. I get that as a company they sold out but my appreciation for Turner's art will never change.

...now watch it not look like Turners art at all
Thank you, I'm glad someone said it. I was thinking the exact thing last night. Was it "too late" when Sideshow decided to do a Michelle Pfeiffer Catwoman 24 years after the movie came out?

I'm excited about this because of my love of Michael Turner and the characters he created, not the current crap Aspen has done with their prints.

I would be in heaven if Sideshow did a Soulfire Grace companion piece.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 02:39 PM   #32
qz33
Doctor Doom

Wow very impressive.

Wise move on Aspen's part instead of being a license snob.

Definitely Interested. Better not pull back on the sexy though, this ain't Marvel.

Can't wait to see Eky and Hanky's reactions.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 02:47 PM   #33
Jerseydevil
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eky View Post
well i remember first thing i learnt when i joined the Forum was T&A and then ES
This might be one of the funniest posts I've ever read on this forum. Effing hilarious.
Jerseydevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 02:54 PM   #34
Eky
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
Wow very impressive.

Wise move on Aspen's part instead of being a license snob.

Definitely Interested. Better not pull back on the sexy though, this ain't Marvel.

Can't wait to see Eky and Hanky's reactions.
Already done mate
AmitiƩ
Eky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 04:50 PM   #35
dechirico7
The Flash

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
Thank you, I'm glad someone said it. I was thinking the exact thing last night. Was it "too late" when Sideshow decided to do a Michelle Pfeiffer Catwoman 24 years after the movie came out?

I'm excited about this because of my love of Michael Turner and the characters he created, not the current crap Aspen has done with their prints.

Aren't they still producing the prints?
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 05:09 PM   #36
OrangeCrush
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post

I couldn't agree more in regards to continuing to enjoy a particular character or series. I am a HUGE Turner fan and NOTHING Aspen does will ever change that as Michael Turner played no part in all of the crap that went down with Aspen the last 3-4 years. I will continue to enjoy all of my Michael Turner comics and the hundreds of Turner prints that I own for as long as I iive. The most expensive statue I have ever purchased was the bronze Fathom by CS Moore. I absolutely LOVE that statue!! Its the only statue I have displayed in my living room and I would never even contemplate selling it.

That being said, I will never give Aspen another penny of my money regardless of how much I may like something they produce and unfortunately they get a cut of any statues Sideshow produces so as much as I may want to buy these, I won't buy any of these statues. Aspen is the most morally bankrupt company in the comic business.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechirico7 View Post
Aren't they still producing the prints?
Yes, but very few compared to years past and they don't sell well at all. Most of Aspen's print auctions are lucky to get one, maybe two bidders at most. Aspen actually had to increase the starting price of their print auctions from $14.99 to $24.99 since most prints were only getting one or two bids and were hence selling for $15-$17 bucks each. The Aspen print market is literally a dead market and they have nobody to blame but themselves.
OrangeCrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 06:57 PM   #37
FriendlySamurai
Luke Cage

I'm a cheated Aspen print buyer and I approve this statue
FriendlySamurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 07:29 PM   #38
Bolo2002b
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCrush View Post
I couldn't agree more in regards to continuing to enjoy a particular character or series. I am a HUGE Turner fan and NOTHING Aspen does will ever change that as Michael Turner played no part in all of the crap that went down with Aspen the last 3-4 years. I will continue to enjoy all of my Michael Turner comics and the hundreds of Turner prints that I own for as long as I iive. The most expensive statue I have ever purchased was the bronze Fathom by CS Moore. I absolutely LOVE that statue!! Its the only statue I have displayed in my living room and I would never even contemplate selling it.

That being said, I will never give Aspen another penny of my money regardless of how much I may like something they produce and unfortunately they get a cut of any statues Sideshow produces so as much as I may want to buy these, I won't buy any of these statues. Aspen is the most morally bankrupt company in the comic business.

Yes, but very few compared to years past and they don't sell well at all. Most of Aspen's print auctions are lucky to get one, maybe two bidders at most. Aspen actually had to increase the starting price of their print auctions from $14.99 to $24.99 since most prints were only getting one or two bids and were hence selling for $15-$17 bucks each. The Aspen print market is literally a dead market and they have nobody to blame but themselves.

Just because of the prints??? Got you so mad, i been collecting turner arts and rare stuff since 1998 and im not once mad at aspen company because they never forced you to buy there stuff. Goes for air jordans they remake with different colors every year and not once they make you buy them so when your not buying u get tp save money so theres nothing wrong with it. I own all the statues from aspen and still loving it because im a big turner fan. I meet Frank and peter in june and i will again next week at nycc , they are the kindness people out there. Just be happy of your collection because not alot of people own what you own. This world is fill with anger already so count your blessings and not be so negative. Takecare man!
Bolo2002b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 07:36 PM   #39
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolo2002b View Post
Just because of the prints??? Got you so mad, i been collecting turner arts and rare stuff since 1998 and im not once mad at aspen company because they never forced you to buy there stuff. Goes for air jordans they remake with different colors every year and not once they make you buy them so when your not buying u get tp save money so theres nothing wrong with it. I own all the statues from aspen and still loving it because im a big turner fan. I meet Frank and peter in june and i will again next week at nycc , they are the kindness people out there. Just be happy of your collection because not alot of people own what you own. This world is fill with anger already so count your blessings and not be so negative. Takecare man!
I believe the anger comes from buying their prints early on at high prices based on the Edition Sizes they said they wouldn't exceed, and then Aspen turned around and made a gazillion reprints destroying the value of the originals, their loop hole being that they change a color or two on the prints justifying screwing over their customers....

I get why they did it, Michael Turner passed away so no more new artwork so they had to milk what they had to keep the business going... What they should of done was remove the Edition Size so people knew they would make more down the road instead of letting people think it was going to be very limited..
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 07:39 PM   #40
dechirico7
The Flash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolo2002b View Post
Gooood for you

A lot of us are Turner fans.

Orange rush and NorthernLadMSP were big Aspen print collectors. Probably just as devoted as you are. And I think they would agree that Aspen took their print production a bit too far. Every print they released was "limited" and then they would do numerous variants of them. To the point of being ridiculous.
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote