Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > ARH Studios

Old 02-09-2019, 05:16 PM   #91
omigeo
Alpha Flight

She looks sort of shiny.

Does anyone know if she is of the same material as the older version?
omigeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 08:09 PM   #92
Great Pheidias
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by punisher2000 View Post
Short video and pictures of the Arkhalla Statue , Books and Comics. Enjoy:

https://youtu.be/TdgDAmVbAP0

Stunning! I definitely prefer this new one color over the original!
Great Pheidias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 10:03 AM   #93
goto
Mephisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by omigeo View Post
She looks sort of shiny.

Does anyone know if she is of the same material as the older version?
Reason is the flashlight
She is the better version.
goto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 12:22 PM   #94
trav99ss
Fantastic Four

Gotta say, I prefer the original. I like the colors better and the paint on the new one definitely has more shine to it than the original. It's one of my favorite statues ever, so I'd be more than happy with either, but just prefer the more subtle look of the first. Glad they made a second version so everyone who missed out on the first had a chance to get one.
trav99ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 01:11 PM   #95
capchi3
Death is hereditary.

Congrats on the new version and everyone who got it!!!
I own the NYCC ex Version which is almost the same as this new one. I haven't taken pictures of the one I own to compare. I do notice a slight variation in the Skin Tone, @trav99ss I have to agree that there seems to be a "shine" with the new one. My personal preference is a more subtle finish. I would have to see the new one in person to get a better perspective. I say this because i received the Arkhalla Fight and I'm not totally happy with the finish of the skin tone, It definitely has that "satin shine" to it that takes away something at the look. Again my personal preference, i likea Flat or a most an "Eggshell" finish. It does certainly has to do with the factory they used. In the past all my ARH Statues ( i own 8 ) at most FLAT or EGGSHELL finishes, none as shiney as the Arkhalla Fight, so im guessing they may have used another vendor. But its all good Arkhalla Hell Fire and the OG Arkhalla is a keeper!
capchi3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 01:12 PM   #96
capchi3
Death is hereditary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trav99ss View Post
Gotta say, I prefer the original. I like the colors better and the paint on the new one definitely has more shine to it than the original. It's one of my favorite statues ever, so I'd be more than happy with either, but just prefer the more subtle look of the first. Glad they made a second version so everyone who missed out on the first had a chance to get one.
Have to agree, i like a more subtle finish.
capchi3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 07:52 PM   #97
trav99ss
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by capchi3 View Post
Congrats on the new version and everyone who got it!!!
I own the NYCC ex Version which is almost the same as this new one. I haven't taken pictures of the one I own to compare. I do notice a slight variation in the Skin Tone, @trav99ss I have to agree that there seems to be a "shine" with the new one. My personal preference is a more subtle finish. I would have to see the new one in person to get a better perspective. I say this because i received the Arkhalla Fight and I'm not totally happy with the finish of the skin tone, It definitely has that "satin shine" to it that takes away something at the look. Again my personal preference, i likea Flat or a most an "Eggshell" finish. It does certainly has to do with the factory they used. In the past all my ARH Statues ( i own 8 ) at most FLAT or EGGSHELL finishes, none as shiney as the Arkhalla Fight, so im guessing they may have used another vendor. But its all good Arkhalla Hell Fire and the OG Arkhalla is a keeper!
Totally agree with this. I feel the same about Arkhalla Fight. I do really like the statue, but wish it had the flat finish of the other ARH statues I have.
trav99ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 11:35 PM   #98
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Looks like a mannequin.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 02:47 PM   #99
clutch
Sailor Moon

Mask off the metallic areas with liquid latex and hit it with a can of dull coat.
clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 03:15 PM   #100
omigeo
Alpha Flight

Beautiful

Well I just received her and she isn't shiny like in punishers pictures. She looks great. I would only comment that there is a bit much shading to her, but still looks great.

I had my husband help me with her since she came in such a huge box. A box within a box within another box. That BBTS sure knows how to package.

Also one must be careful about inserting her hair into her head, due to it leaving black skid marks on her body. This also applies to the clothing parts. She is also HEAVY!!

BTW, the comics are only sent if you purchase directly from ARH's website?
omigeo is offline   Reply With Quote