Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 02-10-2018, 12:26 PM   #481
Gianco
X-Force

This might be my first XM statue, looks really good in that digital rendering.

I realized Secret Compass also carries XM statues, just have to figure out what option is more convenient price wise speaking and considering shipping cost.

Any advice from fellow XM collectors will be really appreciated!
Gianco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 12:27 PM   #482
Gianco
X-Force

I’m also keeping an eye on the Omega Red statue project.
Gianco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 12:48 PM   #483
ambasah
Red Skull

Secret Compass will charge you the shipping cost from Singapore.
ambasah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 11:05 PM   #484
silentwinter92
U talkin' to me?

The arms retracted with claws out with the cowl looks so fcking good.

Looking forward to the prototype
silentwinter92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 12:38 PM   #485
WalkerFodder
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjszar View Post
Wow, fantastic! That's one huge amount of display options with three sets of arms and two heads. I wonder if the arms come apart at the gauntlets? That's even more options. You can use either bone claws or metal claws forward or backward then.
That would be awesome, but since the gauntlets are beneath the elbow, I don't see how that would be possible.

The bone claw pose has the arms bent at 90 degrees. You'd have to straighten the elbow to get the 'claws back' look.

I'm very happy with the switch-out options. You could even pose him with 1 arm back and claws popped while the other arm is back holding a sword.

You're paying more than the SS Wolverine, but you only get an extra portrait there where as this comes with many arrangements.
WalkerFodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 01:33 PM   #486
Viper245
Crime Syndicate

This is THE Brown Wolvie I have been looking for to add to my collection. Love all the switch out options. Love the Samurai theme. Love the rage in both portraits. Love the art direction. Bring on the printed piece!
Viper245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 01:51 PM   #487
SONICobra
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalkerFodder View Post
That would be awesome, but since the gauntlets are beneath the elbow, I don't see how that would be possible.
if the gloves attach to the arms at that seam I don't see why you couldn't swap the bone for metal claws, they are in the same position on his arms even though the arms are in different positions. this is what I was wondering and hoping because that would really open up some cool possibilities

I was thinking about even having one arm forward and one arm back like hes about to strike while leaping
SONICobra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 02:05 PM   #488
WalkerFodder
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by davide87ita View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
if the gloves attach to the arms at that seam I don't see why you couldn't swap the bone for metal claws, they are in the same position on his arms even though the arms are in different positions. this is what I was wondering and hoping because that would really open up some cool possibilities

I was thinking about even having one arm forward and one arm back like hes about to strike while leaping
To get what you're asking (which I'm definitely all for), XM would have to do their most varied switch-out arrangement yet.

There are 2 different sets of arms here. Bone Claws which are connected to arms at a 90 degree angle and metal claws/swords which are connected to straightened arms.

It's possible all of these switch-out hands attach at the gauntlets and the 2 different arm sets attach at the shoulders. You'd have to attach your preferred bicep at the shoulder seam, then your preferred hands at the gauntlet seam.

Would be epic and, like you said, the possibilities would be remarkable.
WalkerFodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 02:30 PM   #489
SONICobra
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalkerFodder View Post
It's possible all of these switch-out hands attach at the gauntlets and the 2 different arm sets attach at the shoulders. You'd have to attach your preferred bicep at the shoulder seam, then your preferred hands at the gauntlet seam.

Would be epic and, like you said, the possibilities would be remarkable.
precisely good sir

it would seem a waste to limit the claws forward to bone claws only. if that was the case I would say ditch the bone claws altogether and give two metal claw arm sets. but I think it would be simple enough given what they've already shown to make the hands swappable as well as the arms
SONICobra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 03:51 PM   #490
Viper245
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
precisely good sir

it would seem a waste to limit the claws forward to bone claws only. if that was the case I would say ditch the bone claws altogether and give two metal claw arm sets. but I think it would be simple enough given what they've already shown to make the hands swappable as well as the arms
Indeed. That's precisely what they did on Samurai Batman. I expect the same on this piece.
Viper245 is offline   Reply With Quote