Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > First4Figures / Gaming Heads

Old 10-11-2017, 08:10 AM   #211
silentwinter92
U talkin' to me?

And snake flopped to the point they are bringing it back to the design board to even warrant the cost. If we are still talking about comparison, law was 500 with his dragon.

I can't see this being past a 600 dollar statue, but berserk fans are quite loose with their wallet.
silentwinter92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 08:53 AM   #212
iguana
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by silentwinter92 View Post
And snake flopped to the point they are bringing it back to the design board to even warrant the cost. If we are still talking about comparison, law was 500 with his dragon.

I can't see this being past a 600 dollar statue, but berserk fans are quite loose with their wallet.

It's just a guess but all I heard until now and the assumption of many other lead to the point that it will be priced higher but who knows we'll have to wait, preo must be soon. Also you are right, there were companies in the past who did Berserk Statues like Headlong and Art of War but IMO only a few were very good and now Berserk gets a new hype with P1 and F4F doing big High Collectibles of it. On the one hand it's good that the Fans get so much choice but on the other hand the wallet has to cry much if you want them all.
iguana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 11:24 AM   #213
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

It's not just about the piece when it comes to cost, berserk is known to be an expensive license that's why all berserk pieces are higher priced.

As for structural integrity of the piece, F4F have done some very dynamic stuff and trust me they tackle every issue head on and this will have been thought about before committing to the piece.
DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 12:01 PM   #214
silentwinter92
U talkin' to me?

To be perfectly honest, i think the execution was done better than P1. Fully captured the anime/manga spirit battling the curse thats inflicted on him.

Only real gripe i have is the somewhat slimmer body structure this statue is sporting. I recall him being a really beefy character but i bet this was probably factored in for their structural concerns. Having a slimmer structure can also be associated with his younger days when he wasn't really built up, along the lines of what collectors can relate to.
silentwinter92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 12:08 PM   #215
Gannon
Sailor Moon

Quote:

Pretty sure that it's been hinted at 650-700 in the club.
Gannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 12:30 PM   #216
iguana
Blue Falcon

Quote:
To be perfectly honest, i think the execution was done better than P1. Fully captured the anime/manga spirit battling the curse thats inflicted on him.

Only real gripe i have is the somewhat slimmer body structure this statue is sporting. I recall him being a really beefy character but i bet this was probably factored in for their structural concerns. Having a slimmer structure can also be associated with his younger days when he wasn't really built up, along the lines of what collectors can relate to.

One is a museum pose one a dynamic pose. Like said, with a dynamic one you capture normally a special scene and F4F done very well! When you are a fanboy you can also say: It's not fully captured cause there isn't the beast of darkness which is an important part of guts or an apostle, Demon Child bla...
But this wouldn't make sense at all with a dynamic pose. So I don't compare the pieces which statue represent Berserk better. Both do it on their own way very good. In the end it all depends on personal tase and the wallet of course. Both pieces deserve to be sold.
iguana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 01:12 PM   #217
Eky
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NosferatuOMeGa View Post
Is this in scale with P1?
should be all 1/4 yes
Eky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 02:19 PM   #218
Zombiez
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

I'm getting both. but with the f4f version I really don't like the face too much however the ex base looked better than I thought it would and if it lights up then that would make up for the bad face.
Zombiez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 07:36 PM   #219
Gannon
Sailor Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombiez View Post
I'm getting both. but with the f4f version I really don't like the face too much however the ex base looked better than I thought it would and if it lights up then that would make up for the bad face.
How about the other head sculpts? I love the grininng one.
Gannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 11:53 AM   #220
Drakul
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

It looks so much better painted, I may well buy it. i don't dislike P1's Guts, I might even like it a tad better but the price just kills it for me so we'll.

You also can't discard the fact that the Berserk line for P1 already has several pieces and many more coming soon so for fans that's a blessing. F4F has just revealed Guts and we don't know what's coming after and Tsume hasn't even revealed anything yet.

Do we know the measurements for this piece?
Drakul is offline   Reply With Quote