Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Chronicle Collectibles

Old 03-11-2020, 02:09 AM   #641
Gruson
Suicide Squad

Nice pics T. Shame the paint is so bad and wrong color. Ugh. Cannot wait for your repaint.
I cannot believe it’s the third Red now with the dot issue. Smh
Gruson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2020, 02:28 PM   #642
thx217
Ultimates

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK Ultra View Post
Thanks for the info. T, yep, time to change the delivery address for this one and just have the shipping company unload this right in front of my storage unit. Emailing and emailing Amy but no reply about cost of shipping? Oh yeah, it's a Silverado Chevy with a regular bed, has some pretty good space back there but not quite enough for this behemoth it's looking like. Good to hear about the solid construction on the Rex, it's looking like a little weight nightmare to unpack, just went through that about 10 days ago with the Blitz. Astronaut piece which REALLY made me think of this.
Nice. It should be fine as you already have lots of experiences unboxing large scale and life size stuff. Post pics when ready.

And Blitz's Astronaut, man, that's one hell of a piece. Congrat!
thx217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2020, 07:04 PM   #643
azurepred
Zot

looks really great from far away. Thx is lucky he is a good painter, so he can do the work himself, but I feel bad for others who don't have that option. How many Rex pieces have they made with same poke-dot issue? They should've learned by now, especially for the price. This isn't something one can just ship to have someone do touch-ups on.
azurepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2020, 08:47 PM   #644
Chronicle CS
Chronicle Collectibles
Producer

Just to get everyone on the same page, the paint apps were approved by the studio and the filmmakers. We are exceedingly happy with this release and the in-hand response by fans has been tremendous.

Last edited by Chronicle CS; 03-12-2020 at 07:53 AM.
Chronicle CS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2020, 09:55 PM   #645
tamaboy311
Luke Cage

The paint looks...ok. i would says the gods approved this paint app then because this is a good one.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20200311_215212.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	275.6 KB
ID:	129208  
tamaboy311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2020, 05:03 AM   #646
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamaboy311 View Post
The paint looks...ok. i would says the gods approved this paint app then because this is a good one.
That P1 paint app does not look like it is anything special. I am usually blown away by P1 production paint, but not with that one.
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2020, 10:55 AM   #647
tamaboy311
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67L88Stingray View Post
That P1 paint app does not look like it is anything special. I am usually blown away by P1 production paint, but not with that one.
Is better than that 1/5. That's a fact. I have both P1 and the bust, which is the same issue.
Old 03-12-2020, 11:51 AM   #648
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

Nice piece. Time to cut that jaw loose, repose & open the mouth, THX.

The choice of having a T-Rex with a closed mouth art this scale is an outrage. I remember Paul said it's more terrifying with the closed mouth...yeah, sure.
The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2020, 12:23 PM   #649
tamaboy311
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by The SHOGUN View Post

The choice of having a T-Rex with a closed mouth art this scale is an outrage. I remember Paul said it's more terrifying with the closed mouth...yeah, sure.
This is a Stan Winston maquette reproduction. If he does that, it defeats the purpose of owning a Stan replica.
Old 03-12-2020, 01:39 PM   #650
Kefka2200
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The SHOGUN View Post

The choice of having the jaw closed wasn’t even a choice number one. Number two, speak for yourself. The stance doesn’t even warrant an open mouth and I dare say if it had one in a static pose, it would look stupid. This is a maquette reproduction, as are the compy, pachy, and para. I sincerely hope THX doesn’t cut the jaw off or change it. It looks great. I’m excited for everyone who has this. I’m jealous and of the pictures I’ve seen, the dots aren’t that big an issue. The CC artist is fantastic, there’s no question there. Personally I think he needs to stop adding the “freckles“ on the pebble skin to avoid further issues because the factory cannot reproduce them with any accuracy.

All that being said. Even if this was pink, I’d buy it.
Kefka2200 is offline   Reply With Quote