Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 02-27-2017, 02:03 PM   #161
ovp3664
The Avengers

bloodborn

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadGhostKnight View Post
See i'm the opposite of you guys, the Hunter statue represents the game as a whole for me ( a game i've beaten 5 times ) the dingy streets, the broken street lights, the blood soaked body at your feet.

I just hope it comes with switch outs.

Lady Maria does nothing for me at all, she was a generic hunter and forgettable boss in the DLC for me...nothing more and while the statue is done really well.....it just doesn't excite me...

But hey were all different lol.
Exactly , thats collecting !!! What makes it interesting. We all get different vibes/feelings and personal satisfaction from different pieces.

It would get pretty boring if we were all the same.
ovp3664 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 06:50 PM   #162
jerkilroy2
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadGhostKnight View Post
See i'm the opposite of you guys, the Hunter statue represents the game as a whole for me ( a game i've beaten 5 times ) the dingy streets, the broken street lights, the blood soaked body at your feet.

I just hope it comes with switch outs.

Lady Maria does nothing for me at all, she was a generic hunter and forgettable boss in the DLC for me...nothing more and while the statue is done really well.....it just doesn't excite me...

But hey were all different lol.
I completely agree! I probably will get Lady Maria just because but I prefer the other much much more.
jerkilroy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 05:54 PM   #163
Dreamland
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

I "platinumed" this game 5 times over lol.

I said it before a few times, but my only gripe with this piece is the dead body. I would rather that was not in the statue since I would want to display this near my TV where my little daughter frequents. If I get the statue I would have to hide it upstairs somewhere.

The statue of the Lady is amazing, and yes I agree with the poster above me, there are definitely many more important characters and interesting designs to choose from in the game. However the Lady statue does look well done and of a very high quality.

Maybe ill wait to see if Prime One does a MOON PRESENCE statue, then I will make that my definitive Bloodborne statue.

Dreamland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 07:45 PM   #164
Guilty
Kindly Asked To Leave

Really? From the lore, Lady Maria appears to be one of the more important characters in the game, especially given her connections to the world and characters.

I would say that she is one of the most important, avoiding spoilers for those who haven't played.
Guilty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 10:19 PM   #165
joerock
U talkin' to me?

Eh I wouldn't say Maria is a huge character in the game. It is implied the doll is a copy of her. But she is the poster child of the DLC Art. Me personally, Ludwig was my favorite. I think his lore is more important, being the first hunter of the church. I mean if they were to take Ludwig, with the Holy Moonlight Sword as a light up feature, granted the scale might be slightly smaller than the others, well just take my money now

joerock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 10:58 PM   #166
Guilty
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by joerock View Post
Eh I wouldn't say Maria is a huge character in the game. It is implied the doll is a copy of her. But she is the poster child of the DLC Art. Me personally, Ludwig was my favorite. I think his lore is more important, being the first hunter of the church. I mean if they were to take Ludwig, with the Holy Moonlight Sword as a light up feature, granted the scale might be slightly smaller than the others, well just take my money now
No disregard to Ludwig (and I like him as well), but...

She was part of the terrible slaughter that even brought upon the curse that is the Hunter's Nightmare to begin with.

It seems clear that she took part of killing the those who resided at the Fishing Hamlet, since she threw away her own weapon, and eventually took her own life as a tragic result. The actions of those who participated doomed quite a number of people, Ludwig included.

Her death had a clear effect on Gehrman, as even he seems to have a guilt for his past actions (or sins rather).

What's interesting about the connection between The Doll and Maria is that it seems to be more than just appearance. After defeating Maria, The Doll's comment: "Good hunter. This may sound strange, but... Have I somehow changed? Moments ago, from some place, perhaps deep within, I sensed a liberation from heavy shackles. Not that I would know... How passing strange..." has some odd implications to it. It almost seems as if the two are actually the same (or Maria's soul is present?)

Overall though, Bloodborne feels like one of those games where nearly everyone has a big importance in some way. Even the generic town folk.
Guilty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 11:08 PM   #167
joerock
U talkin' to me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guilty View Post
No disregard to Ludwig (and I like him as well), but...

She was part of the terrible slaughter that even brought upon the curse that is the Hunter's Nightmare to begin with.

It seems clear that she took part of killing the those who resided at the Fishing Hamlet, since she threw away her own weapon, and eventually took her own life as a tragic result. The actions of those who participated doomed quite a number of people, Ludwig included.

Her death had a clear effect on Gehrman, as even he seems to have a guilt for his past actions (or sins rather).

What's interesting about the connection between The Doll and Maria is that it seems to be more than just appearance. After defeating Maria, The Doll's comment: "Good hunter. This may sound strange, but... Have I somehow changed? Moments ago, from some place, perhaps deep within, I sensed a liberation from heavy shackles. Not that I would know... How passing strange..." has some odd implications to it. It almost seems as if the two are actually the same (or Maria's soul is present?)

Overall though, Bloodborne feels like one of those games where nearly everyone has a big importance in some way. Even the generic town folk.
You are correct, that's what I love about From Software games, every little character has its own importance.
joerock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 05:44 AM   #168
majestic1
Green Lantern Corps
Adamantium Member

Lady Maria should be up for order this week.

$599

Regular: 1500
Exclusive: 850

Exclusive is the Goblet on the table.

majestic1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 06:02 AM   #169
Liquid75
Shadowhawk

The price is quite fair. I'm pleasantly surprised
Liquid75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 07:04 AM   #170
ComicJesus
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

I'd bet my allowance that Lady Maria is up for order today or tomorrow.
ComicJesus is offline   Reply With Quote