StatueForum on Twitter StatueForum on Facebook StatueForum on YouTube
Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Bowen Designs

Old 09-10-2017, 03:13 PM   #131
nbr3bagshotrow
Mod of the Rings
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primus View Post
Of course it's a tease thread! Only because like most of us here I'm dying for any information on what's happening with Randy and his plans for the future. I know it will be awhile before anything really happens, or perhaps not at all. But it would be nice for all the loyal Bowen supporters myself included to be thrown a bone. I myself like to know well in advance about new statues coming out to better plan my budget & collection direction. For example, do I invest in Protypez new 1/6 marvel line only to find out in a year or so Bowen is returning with his own line? Or he's coming back with a D.C. License and competing with Tweeterhead & Xm Studios. Now I know it won't really take away from any statues I buy going forward, as I buy only what I really like. But the compulsive completions in me hates to mix and match lines from different company's. Weird I know, but I like my lines to all have the same art style and size. It's just frustrating for me and perhaps others on this thread to just not know anything, if I knew for certain he would return I'd wait and build a massive war chest for when he dose, or know he's not and direct my funds 100 % in another direction. We'll enough whining hopefully we will here somthing realitivly soon!
Great post. I won't mix from different companies (at least for my Bowen Marvel). With Tweeterhead having a D.C. License I can't see Randy getting one too (JMO).
Old 09-10-2017, 03:15 PM   #132
nbr3bagshotrow
Mod of the Rings
Super Moderator

Someone told me Sosa's 1/6 Marvel license was limited to Europe.

Well,just read the Wolverine thread in the prototypez section and looks like that's verified.

Last edited by nbr3bagshotrow; 09-10-2017 at 03:18 PM.
nbr3bagshotrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2017, 06:53 PM   #133
Mister H
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow View Post
Someone told me Sosa's 1/6 Marvel license was limited to Europe.

Well,just read the Wolverine thread in the prototypez section and looks like that's verified.
That's a shame, maybe there are other ways to get them, oh well, I suppose. As far as Randy Bowen's plans go, if he comes back with something spectacular (DC or Marvel) I will buy "something". I do think he's going to have to step up his game though, in his absence, there has been at least three companies that have been nailing it. I have full confidence that he can do it, I mean he practically started the superhero statue thing.
Mister H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2017, 10:01 PM   #134
immortalblade
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primus View Post
Here's another question I've been struggling with, should I continue paying jacked up prices for Bowen statues I want, or again if he's coming back to continue his work wait for a reset and buy new versions of the characters I missed out on the first go around. All things that weigh on my collection decisions.
If you see ones that you like, you might as well buy them because I don't think Bowen is coming back with a new company anytime soon based on people's speculations that he can't start another company for X number of years because his ex-wife will get a cut in the profit. I can see Randy sculpting for another company while biding his time waiting for the divorce agreement to run its course.
My speculation and hope is that XM Studios reach out to Randy and have him work their DC Comics 1/6 scale statues that they got the license for. That would be a marriage made in heaven. I read somewhere before that Randy said that he would love to work on DC characters. So his association with XM would be perfect.
immortalblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 12:44 AM   #135
Philintheblank
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

^but I already have preorders with Tweeterhead.
Philintheblank is offline   Reply With Quote