Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 12-03-2018, 10:39 PM   #521
ambasah
Red Skull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Morton View Post
Hi - I initially request a refund on some POs but I think I will never get the money. Can I still get the sideshow credit and if so, how? Thanks
Were you issued a pcs credit prior to the merger with SS?
ambasah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 01:29 AM   #522
wizardjones
Statue Forum MacDaddy

I still don’t understand how you can literally owe lots of different people thousands of dollars, but continue to operate as if that debt to the customer, the once loyal fan, the marketer, doesn’t even exist.

You can just really walk around in your home life as an owner knowing that you owe people for something that is suppose to be just a fun hobby.
Maybe they are the statue hobby’s Martin Shkreli, and we are all in for a post about the original vinyl print of Wu-tang forever was bought under the pcs ebay account

I dunno man just pay me if you are reading this.
wizardjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 06:19 AM   #523
aeongaiden666
Frackin!

I dont understand how there are people still in this sub forum or that after everything that happened, still PO from PCS. They are a dying brand and will soon vanish with peoples money. Change their name and maybe owner and start over.

I got banned like 3 years ago because in 2 months i wrote here 2 or 3 times about how its messed up that we are waiting for 1/3 scorpion and sub zero for almost 2 years, but they have no problem making new POs every two months and taking even more cash without delivering even the first of the 10 POs. And dont even get me started on the expectation vs reality once they did get delivered.

People said im being toxic, cry baby, these things take time bla bla. I got banned and here we are today people begging on all fours for their money to be refunded or at best get a transfer credit...
aeongaiden666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 10:15 AM   #524
candyrocket786
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by #Brian View Post
This is their way of dealing with the new wave of collectors that have decided to no longer PO and wait for the product.
It is proof that they can only exist on PO funded production and they want to send a message loud and clear.."if you wait to purchase at release, we are not making any for you. give us your order and money now"
Considering their reputation, I just don't see them making it with this MTO model (similar to what XM does now). Guess they are on borrowed time now.
candyrocket786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 10:38 AM   #525
qz33
Rescue

Quote:
Originally Posted by candyrocket786 View Post
Considering their reputation, I just don't see them making it with this MTO model (similar to what XM does now). Guess they are on borrowed time now.
I really don't think there is any MTO model. XM and PCS are just doing what they likely always have and actually producing going by the number of orders they have at decision time as a maximum as they KNOW for a fact there will be less of those current orders that will actually complete and therefore they will have fewer left over. Sideshow's been doing it for years with their partial runs/batches.
POs have decreased and cancels increased all over the industry because they've overextended their customers' demand with production.

Not saying PCS is in any kind of healthy situation with all that.
qz33 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 11:23 AM   #526
Shoo
The Enchantress

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeongaiden666 View Post
I dont understand how there are people still in this sub forum or that after everything that happened, still PO from PCS.
Nobody's preordering from PCS anymore. They're preordering from Sideshow. That's why.
Shoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 11:58 AM   #527
Redsaleen
Justice League

There are two sides here and lots of reason to blame.

Yes we know you want your refunds, and some want there statues. Right now you can’t please both sides. Unfortunately the current path is the only way both sides win. The current cash is being used to keep the business afloat it would seem. So if you get your refunds right now, than there is no money left people waiting for there statues lose and people waiting for refunds lose cause there is not enough cash.

Which is where the customer is partly to blame, in your mass cancellations cause of panic ( which there was never reason to) and the notion that oh I’ll just cancel and pick up the statue cheaper after release. ( well now that plan backfired on the people who went that route).

So of coarse they weren’t going to produce dead stock to have to discount, makes sense from a business side to cut the production in half.

There are trying to get old preorders finished, the end game I’m sure is to get everyone refunded get all orders to customers and rebrand.

All the current releases have been Stella, so there is no reason to not offer more POs.
Redsaleen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 12:41 PM   #528
Sgt Taz
Doom Patrol

^makes sense^
Sgt Taz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 03:43 PM   #529
MegatronG1
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redsaleen View Post
Which is where the customer is partly to blame, in your mass cancellations cause of panic ( which there was never reason to) and the notion that oh I’ll just cancel and pick up the statue cheaper after release. ( well now that plan backfired on the people who went that route).

So of coarse they weren’t going to produce dead stock to have to discount, makes sense from a business side to cut the production in half.
No panic here. PCS overextended itself long before the Sideshow deal. The reason it looks like a panic rush to cancel is only because SS has a functional and responsive customer service, and people took advantage of that once it became possible.

The ES cuts are about coming back down to Earth, which is commendable. Given enough time, they should rid themselves of Jerry's stink.
MegatronG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 03:55 PM   #530
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegatronG1 View Post
No panic here. PCS overextended itself long before the Sideshow deal. The reason it looks like a panic rush to cancel is only because SS has a functional and responsive customer service, and people took advantage of that once it became possible.

The ES cuts are about coming back down to Earth, which is commendable. Given enough time, they should rid themselves of Jerry's stink.
Assuming the current PCS manage to obtain the correct (popular) licence(s) and back those up with sculpts that do the characters justice ..if the recent Mileena 1/3 quality is anything to go by, the future is looking up for PCS. For the moment, they need to clear the back-log (Jerry's stink as you put it). It's a pity Jerry failed to stay on-board, as he can sculpt.
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote