Doh!

thx for the answers Gyoza
maoa96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 11:28 AM   #4172
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tushar View Post
My mistake. I never claimed anyone "said" it, though. I genuinely thought that could be the only reason people were upset. I now see that there are people don't like the idea of re-issue altogether, for extremely personal reasons.
I don't like it for many reasons:

1. It's lazy on the part of the company. Like I've said multiple times, if you want to release a previously released character, design a new statue.

2. Reprints destroy the value of the original.

3. I find them to be a slap in the face for anyone who legit purchased the original whether they purchased it at retail or whether they paid after market prices for it.

4. It goes against the entire point of an item being considered a collectible. Why would an item be considered a collectible if said company just releases a new wave of them every few years?

I was late to the XM Samurai Batman game, and as such, because I wanted it so badly I paid out the a** for mine. But, never once did I think I was entitled to be able to buy one for retail price just because I wasn't into XM when he was first released.

EDIT: Another thing that really bothers me about reprints, is why are the reprints almost always better than the originals? It leaves a really bad taste in my mouth that I spend money on a piece, and then see it re-released years later with a better base or a better paint job (see second versions of Jason and Freddy and Raven).
NorthernLadMSP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 12:16 PM   #4173
Augen
Metal Men

Side note, is there any chance Juliet Starling could still happen

She just seems perfect for Kotobukiya.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 01:56 PM   #4174
dechirico7
The Flash

Anyone here interested in joining a Kotobukiya bishoujo collectors chat? We do it every 2-3 months, cover all things bishoujo. You don't have to do video, you can just chat over your mic. Come check us out at https://www.facebook.com/groups/Koto...ujoCollectors/
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 02:27 PM   #4175
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechirico7 View Post
Anyone here interested in joining a Kotobukiya bishoujo collectors chat? We do it every 2-3 months, cover all things bishoujo. You don't have to do video, you can just chat over your mic. Come check us out at https://www.facebook.com/groups/Koto...ujoCollectors/
I missed it today because I'm at work and cannot easily set aside time to watch and interact. I'll check it out as an archive.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 02:35 PM   #4176
dechirico7
The Flash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
I missed it today because I'm at work and cannot easily set aside time to watch and interact. I'll check it out as an archive.
Yeah, it is hard choosing a time. We tried late, today we tried early....
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 04:29 PM   #4177
UnicornPegasus
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kotobukiya_EN View Post

1. What country are you from? We want to know where our products are going to, so we know where else we should start expanding our market in the future!
2. [This question is directly from one of our product developers] What characters would you like to see in an IKEMEN line? What do you think would make this line better? (Variety in artist? Different types of character? Etc. )

- Gyoza
1.) United States.

2.) I do not have interest in the Ikemen line currently, sorry. That's not a criticism of the line itself, I just collect 99.99% female statues and figures. Unless you maybe did a Jensen Ackles/Dean Winchester (from Supernatural) Ikemen. I'd be all over that one like you wouldn't believe. LOL.
UnicornPegasus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 05:21 PM   #4178
elvirawynter
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
We do ask for times within the group, but some folk don't give ideas when we ask
elvirawynter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 05:23 PM   #4179
elvirawynter
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kotobukiya_EN View Post

To add to the list of questions I was curious about, I also received some questions from other people in our company! Feel free to leave more questions, and give us more feedback I can continue sharing with our team.

1. What country are you from? We want to know where our products are going to, so we know where else we should start expanding our market in the future!
2. [This question is directly from one of our product developers] What characters would you like to see in an IKEMEN line? What do you think would make this line better? (Variety in artist? Different types of character? Etc. )

- Gyoza
Is it worth doing something like a survey link or one done via the Koto website so as not to clog up this ask thread?

Just a simple form for folk to fill out or do a separate thread?
elvirawynter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 08:27 AM   #4180
Tushar
Hellboy

1. What country are you from?
India. And I'd love it if Koto ships directly to India so I won't have to pay import duties twice. (As it stands, I get most of my Koto products from American online retailers.) And it's wishful thinking, but I'd like Koto to produce statues for Indian comic characters someday.

2. What characters would you like to see in an IKEMEN line?
No interest in the line currently. But I'll grant that the line has possibilities. I'd be interested in seeing how they execute weapon-heavy characters like Punisher, Deathstroke and Deadpool, if it ever gets to that.
Tushar is offline   Reply With Quote