Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 12-24-2022, 04:51 AM   #21
davide87ita
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Will be only batman and superman remade in 1/4 scale or all the others in the line?
davide87ita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2022, 04:57 AM   #22
Asgard
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davide87ita View Post
Will be only batman and superman remade in 1/4 scale or all the others in the line?
I would be interested in Ivy
Asgard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2022, 07:10 AM   #23
KVC1986
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

I'd want a guarantee from prime 1 they've fixed the cape leaning issue before I'd even pre order this.
KVC1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2022, 11:22 AM   #24
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lugnuts View Post
I know this is gonna sound mean, but some people are a-holes and don?t want others to be happy. If someone don?t have room for this in 1/3, they can buy it now! If they want the 1/3, it?s still available and not going anywhere. Having the same statue in different scales is consumer friendly, and the only people that don?t like this are whiny toddlers.
you are missing the point. your scope is too narrow. you need to zoom out.

a move like this hurts the integrity of the hobby.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67L88Stingray View Post
It's not mean, just dumb. Had they given the option right from the gate for both scales that is fine(lazy, but fine), pulling this after the fact is not. It's slightly better than years after sellout like the Hush Superman, but still very poor way to do business.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggunz View Post
I have the 1\3 but this probably works better in 1\4.

I have no reason to be mad. Still happy with the 1\3 too.
it's a slippery slope. this is a cheap, lazy NECA-esque move by Prime 1 that does more harm to the reputation than good.
The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2022, 11:29 AM   #25
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by generalszabo View Post
More choice is good for us
comments like these are what the Bowen faithfuls were saying back in the Statue Marvels days. "More choices are always better and why would you not want others to be happy, what's wrong with you?"

You seem to be confused on the bigger picture of the situation. Too many times i've seen collectors only focused on themselves and their shelves and not the hobby, You seem to be blinded and not considering the ripple effect this can have on the hobby is this ridiculous moves like this become the norm, which the past 6 months, it's seems to be 'trending' that way.
The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2022, 11:35 AM   #26
FJC
Midnighter

Just wait until they offer up both the black costume variants in 1/4 scale.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2022, 11:38 AM   #27
GaryTonge
Kingpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by The SHOGUN View Post
you are missing the point. your scope is too narrow. you need to zoom out.

a move like this hurts the integrity of the hobby.

it's a slippery slope. this is a cheap, lazy NECA-esque move by Prime 1 that does more harm to the reputation than good.
I find that it's typically new collectors who have this sense of entitlement, where they believe they should be able to buy anything on the secondary market at retail. They're bitter they can't get what they want whenever they want.

If people want consumer friendly, go back to funk pops or Hasbro. That's not what this hobby is about.
GaryTonge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2022, 11:40 AM   #28
AC_808
Hercules

It's cool that Prime 1 is making 1/4 versions of this. I've always thought 1/3 pieces are way too big. It would have limited me on the number of pieces I can get. So I've always passed on 1/3 pieces and I'm glad that a 1/4 version of this is being made.

However, price still matters. With how the prices have been trending lately with 1/4 pieces, if this piece will cost just as much as the 1/3 version or more, than it would still be a no-go.
AC_808 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2022, 11:46 AM   #29
VILE GUILE
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Re-releasing statue's is a terrible move long-term. It takes away the urgency from Collector's to buy statue's. If you know they're going to recast a piece in a different scale or variant, what's the rush? You may even end up passing altogether, because something else comes up? It's a bad business decision period. It's common sense...
VILE GUILE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2022, 12:04 PM   #30
Mammal
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryTonge View Post
I find that it's typically new collectors who have this sense of entitlement, where they believe they should be able to buy anything on the secondary market at retail. They're bitter they can't get what they want whenever they want.

If people want consumer friendly, go back to funk pops or Hasbro. That's not what this hobby is about.
This.

I’m curious what they think that # of #### on the bottom of the statues means. Is it there as a pure frivolity?
Mammal is offline   Reply With Quote