Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 01-13-2021, 02:33 AM   #41
SDguy

I'm not going to continue debating the business models of a company I don't work for , I'll just be the glass half full guy waiting patiently and expecting not 100% accurate (list artist name here) outfits
SDguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 12:34 PM   #42
Ralek
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by saberhagen View Post
Sure the Titans are one of the top 10 superhero teams, but the problem is that the drop after X-Men, Avengers, and JLA isn't a gentle slope. It's a cliff.
There is also a steep drop-off in existing high-end collectibles after X-Men, Avengers and JLA. Nobody can even count the number of Batman and Superman even WW statues anymore. Up from action figure to 1/3 scale there are several options.

The same truly cannot be set for the TT, maybe Robin at best, but for some you have zero options in scale statues.

Point being, the market might be limited, but it's also at 0% saturation, unlike X-Men, Avengers and JLA :-)
Ralek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 12:41 PM   #43
Ralek
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmk123 View Post
And it does surprise me that Martian Manhunter did not sell well. That is a fantastic statue and that is a character that does not get alot of statue love.
I would've picked him up, if there was even a 1% chance of a JLI line-up materializing at ... any point in time. I doubt that'll happen in my lifetime though, and that is really the only context I would love to have a MM in my collection.
Again though, we are debating whether the Teen Titans can make the cut, if that is up for grabs, there is no point in even mentioning the JLI with illustrious characters like Booster Gold, Blue Beetle, Elongated Man, Guy Gardner, Mr. Miracle & Big Barda (what I would give for those though ... ^^) and so on and so forth.

If I could I'd want all of these:
Ralek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 07:23 PM   #44
saberhagen
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SludgesicleMan View Post
I'm sorry but no one outside of comics knows who the F Martian Manhunter is. That is not a good comparison. Most people that have ever seen Teen Titans Go, Teen Titans, or know anything about comics know who Beastboy, Raven, and Cyborg are. Come on. Who is this?
The fact that a company hasn't made this is a damn shame.
Teen Titans Go is popular, but it's popular with a demographic that probably isn't buying statues anytime soon. And even then, they'll be looking for those versions, not the Perez ones. Same with the grim dark live action version. This isn't like the Batman the Animated Series, where the original fans are now prime collecting candidates.

Hard disagree that people know anything about comics know the Titans and not Martian Manhunter. He's the same caliber as most of them, mid-level. Outside of comics he's also frequently in shows and movies, both live action and animated. Plus videogames. He's not an A-lister but he's at least on par with Beast Boy and Kid Flash. Or Cyborg pre-Snyder.
saberhagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 07:31 PM   #45
saberhagen

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
I'm not going to continue debating the business models of a company I don't work for , I'll just be the glass half full guy waiting patiently and expecting not 100% accurate (list artist name here) outfits
It's a forum, what other dumb stuff will we debate?

If you could pick one artist to base any statue line on, who would it be? No Perez.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralek View Post
I would've picked him up, if there was even a 1% chance of a JLI line-up materializing at ... any point in time. I doubt that'll happen in my lifetime though, and that is really the only context I would love to have a MM in my collection.
Again though, we are debating whether the Teen Titans can make the cut, if that is up for grabs, there is no point in even mentioning the JLI with illustrious characters like Booster Gold, Blue Beetle, Elongated Man, Guy Gardner, Mr. Miracle & Big Barda (what I would give for those though ... ^^) and so on and so forth.

If I could I'd want all of these:
That Blue Beetle with transparent yellow goggles is my extreme longshot wish. I'd buy it in a heartbeat. Kevin Maguire style of course.

A Barda and Mr. Miracle would be great too. Maybe lightning will strike twice for Tom King and he'll get a show for them like Wandavision.
Old 01-13-2021, 07:52 PM   #46
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Who would I possibly buy a line of statues of that are based on a particular artist well I do have a few

Phil Jimenez
Ivan Reiss
John Byrne(late 70s early mid 80s era)
Marshall Rogers
Kevin Maguire
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 10:37 PM   #47
saberhagen

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmk123 View Post
Who would I possibly buy a line of statues of that are based on a particular artist well I do have a few

Phil Jimenez
Ivan Reiss
John Byrne(late 70s early mid 80s era)
Marshall Rogers
Kevin Maguire
Well you're in luck with Ivan Reis if you like 1/10.

I could get down with Rogers and Maguire. Breyfogle, Mike Allred, and Joelle Jones as well.

DC Direct line didn't capture Jones' style well.
Old 01-13-2021, 11:42 PM   #48
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

I was considering getting the Joelle Jones Black Canary statue but I did not like it to pay full price for it (if I could find it discounted then I might). The Jones Catwoman bride statue was stunning though.
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote