Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > General Discussion

Old 07-25-2013, 09:55 AM   #11
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Seems regaradless of carrier, someone has horror stories using whomever. I personally haven't had any problems with USPS, UPS, or FedEx. But I do find USPS cheaper for both foreign and domestic shipping.
Old 07-25-2013, 10:25 AM   #12
Y3E
Gen 13

I've only had problems with UPS. FedEx, Purolator, USPS, DHL, EMS and CanadaPost all have been good. Well, CP delivery times during X-mas can be poor but no damage of any kind.

UPS also charge a hell of a lot for brokerage fees too.
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 06:34 PM   #13
Nidgit
Love me sexy
Adamantium Plus Member

I normally wouldn't bother starting a thread about this, but I was having a bad 'delivery' day and this was just so monumentally stupid.

Aside for the UPS issue, DHL completely lost my most recent Amazon DVD order, and USPS never updated the status of another package shipped almost two weeks ago. The status never changed once since the initial pick-up, (which had both the seller and I a bit worried) but it eventually got delivered, so that's a plus.

And kudos to Amazon though. After emailing them about the lost order, they refunded the full value (three BD DVD's and a book) and re-shipped them all for free
Nidgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 10:36 PM   #14
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

What a load of BS!! I've recently soured on UPS as well.

I sold an item on eBay that arrived to my buyer broken. This breakage was VERY minor but I still refunded my buyer, had UPS pick up the package for inspection and filed a damage claim. Come to find out, unbeknownst to me, the buyer told UPS they thought it was probably broken before it was shipped. Well thats all it took for UPS to deny my claim. Lesson learned - DO NOT refund your buyer until the claim is fully processed.

To make matters worse UPS shipped this back to my local UPS store after their inspection. Mind you the initial damage was very minuscule, something I could easily repair myself so I wasn't that upset. Once I opened it there I saw they packed it back up wrong and had a major break in a completely different area. Long story short I received nothing from them even though THEY broke my statue shipping it back to me. SO frustrating!
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 11:46 PM   #15
Nidgit
Love me sexy
Adamantium Plus Member

Unbelievable Scott

So I think we can safely say . . . UPS is f*&$ing useless the world over.

Nidgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 03:33 AM   #16
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Yeah, I've been hesitant to use them ever since.

I've sold thousands of dollars of stuff over the years and have been very fortunate to only have to file 3 claims. The first two went through even though it took forever but they were both under $100. This last one was for a $500 item and I have a feeling once you cross that $100 threshold they look for any reason to deny your claim.

The whole experience has made me very nervous shipping high end collectibles. Luckily I've sold most everything from my collection I plan on parting with.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 08:53 AM   #17
PureInvasion
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

my last experience with UPS was roughly 6 years ago. Ordered 2 t-shirts from a US site (shipped to Canada). These 2 shirts with a $30 value shipped. UPS shows up at my door asking for roughly $110 in taxes and import fees.

taxes on the shirts would come to just under $4. So apparently all their import fees were $105 for $30 worth of t-shirts.

i laughed at the driver and told him to return to sender. Ate the cost of the shirts as the sender didn't refund (didn't blame him) and swore off UPS for life.

Fed-Ex and Canada Post/USPS are all I use now
PureInvasion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 05:11 PM   #18
Vitus
A day without sunshine is like... night.

I've had my problems with all of them as a seller and as a buyer.

my USPS and FedEx people seem to like to leave my packages that need a signature on my doorstep when I am not home.
They must be forging my signature.
At least UPS has never pulled this one...
Vitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 05:34 PM   #19
Nitefall
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y3E View Post
I've only had problems with UPS. FedEx, Purolator, USPS, DHL, EMS and CanadaPost all have been good. Well, CP delivery times during X-mas can be poor but no damage of any kind.

UPS also charge a hell of a lot for brokerage fees too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PureInvasion View Post
my last experience with UPS was roughly 6 years ago. Ordered 2 t-shirts from a US site (shipped to Canada). These 2 shirts with a $30 value shipped. UPS shows up at my door asking for roughly $110 in taxes and import fees.

taxes on the shirts would come to just under $4. So apparently all their import fees were $105 for $30 worth of t-shirts.

i laughed at the driver and told him to return to sender. Ate the cost of the shirts as the sender didn't refund (didn't blame him) and swore off UPS for life.

Fed-Ex and Canada Post/USPS are all I use now
I never use UPS anymore for these reasons.
Nitefall is offline   Reply With Quote