Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 09-13-2007, 12:05 PM   #81
snappahead
Producer
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trilogy View Post
I think the problem here is that the PS2 game industry and the movie industry don`t compare.

The PS2 game system is owned outright by Sony and is only produced by Sony. Blu-ray has many manufacturer's and is a multi media format.
True. I don't know much about the movie side of things. I just know that Sony has an iron grip on their Playstation content. As they should. Noseeb had a reasonable complaint though IMO.
snappahead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 12:09 PM   #82
Trilogy
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by snappahead View Post
True. I don't know much about the movie side of things. I just know that Sony has an iron grip on their Playstation content. As they should. Noseeb had a reasonable complaint though IMO.
I completely agree with the original complaint about titles not being released with the additional footage. We the paying public are being dealt a bum hand once again.
Trilogy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 02:35 PM   #83
noseeb13
What is a free gift? Aren't all gifts free?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trilogy View Post
I think the problem here is that the PS2 game industry and the movie industry don`t compare.

The PS2 game system is owned outright by Sony and is only produced by Sony. Blu-ray has many manufacturer's and is a multi media format.
But isn't Blu Ray disc owned by Sony? I compare putting games on the PS2 to movies being put on Blu Ray disc. I thought only Sony produced the Blu Ray discs that is why I don't take into account the other companies that make players.

Your right that the two industries probably don't do business exactly the same, I just put them together because of the way things seem to be structured all of which involve Sony owning a media.
noseeb13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 02:55 PM   #84
Trilogy

I believe that Sony do own the Blu-ray logo, but it was developed with Philips, Pioneer, Samsung and others.

The current board of directors are many companies including Mitsubishi Electric, Panasonic, Pioneer, Philips, Samsung, Sharp, Sony, TDK, Thomson, Twentieth Century Fox, Walt Disney, Warner Bros, plus many more.

So I think its safe to say that Sony do not own Blu-ray.
Old 09-13-2007, 03:00 PM   #85
CocoPUFF
ROT Minister Of Defense

who cares...I never watch special features anyways....All I care about is the HD or blu ray transfer..it better look good...
CocoPUFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 03:17 PM   #86
noseeb13

Quote:
Originally Posted by CocoPUFF View Post
who cares...I never watch special features anyways....All I care about is the HD or blu ray transfer..it better look good...
This time we are not talking about special features but rather the cut of the movie. Two recently announced titles (Die Hard 4 & Robocop) are seeing extended/unrated cuts on DVD but not on Blu Ray, which is to be released at the same time.
Old 09-13-2007, 06:46 PM   #87
DetroitSportsFan
Look out for #1. Don't step in #2 either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by noseeb13 View Post
Two recently announced titles (Die Hard 4 & Robocop) are seeing extended/unrated cuts on DVD but not on Blu Ray, which is to be released at the same time.
According to this article, Robocop will be the unrated cut.

http://www.hollywoodinhidef.com/blog_detail.php?id=125

Quote:
Consumers let MGM and Sony know about their dissatisfaction with the quality of last year's Blu-ray edition of the rated version of cult classic "RoboCop" (before Fox took over distribution of MGM, which incorporates the Orion library). Now, MGM-Fox has responded with a remastered, unrated version of the 1987 film. While there are still no bonus features on the Oct. 9 release ($39.98 U.S. / $49.98 Canada), the studios have completed a new transfer of the original cut with inserts from a cleaned-up version of the master for the extended scenes.

This new Blu-ray version has been authored in MPEG 2 and is presented on a 25GB disc with English 5.1 DTS HD Lossless Master Audio plus French and Spanish 5.1 Dolby Digital Surround Sound. It includes subtitles in English, Spanish, French, Cantonese, and Korean.
DetroitSportsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 06:48 PM   #88
noseeb13

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitSportsFan View Post
According to this article, Robocop will be the unrated cut.

http://www.hollywoodinhidef.com/blog_detail.php?id=125
Excellent news. I made a difference, lol :tounge:
Old 09-13-2007, 06:50 PM   #89
Trilogy

Thats good news. Lets hope it has a great transfer.
Old 09-13-2007, 06:50 PM   #90
Trilogy

Quote:
Originally Posted by noseeb13 View Post
Excellent news. I made a difference, lol :tounge: