Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Exodiuz's Vids & Video Games

Old 08-19-2015, 02:29 PM   #11
Grayfox117
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y3E View Post
I don't know how true it is MM but one of the EBgames sales guy says the Nikko harddrive add-on works that way. You only need to buy and 2.5 sata drive. I never looked into it but I am skeptical.
That one replaces the original one because it plugs in where the original HDD goes. So it's less of an add on. It also uses 3.5 HDD rather than 2.5 HDD. The reasoning for this is that the 3.5 HDD are cheaper and available with higher storage capacities. I upgraded my PS4 with an internal 1TB long ago. It was fairly easy. Especially since you can backup your saves online and then just download anything that you have already tied to your PSN account.
Grayfox117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 12:05 PM   #12
Y3E
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grayfox117 View Post
That one replaces the original one because it plugs in where the original HDD goes. So it's less of an add on. It also uses 3.5 HDD rather than 2.5 HDD. The reasoning for this is that the 3.5 HDD are cheaper and available with higher storage capacities. I upgraded my PS4 with an internal 1TB long ago. It was fairly easy. Especially since you can backup your saves online and then just download anything that you have already tied to your PSN account.
Thanks GF. I saw a video on Youtube and it looks easier to replace HD on the PS4 than the PS3, so when I have time I will get a 2TB. Sick and tired of deleting game data to make room on the 500 GB. Now that I have unlimited download with my internet provider, I will just download what I want again and only back up my saves.
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2015, 08:51 AM   #13
OrangeCrush
Kindly Asked To Leave

While the 2TB External Xbox One HD's look pretty nice, thier just not large enough space wise. Games are now reaching 40-50GB in size, with updates reaching up to 9-10GB. Halo 5 had a day one update of like 9GB. And that doesn't include any DLC. Add DLC, TV shows and movies and 2 TB is nothing these days.

Not to mention, when talking about external HD's, once you get to 2 TB, each additional TB only winds up costing like $20-25. So the difference between a 2 TB and a 4 TB only winds up being like $50-$60 bucks. So at least for me, it just doesn't make sense to buy smaller 1TB or 2 TB drives. The smallest drive I would buy would be a 4-5 TB and I wound up going with a 5 TB model the minute they updated the console to allow external HD's.

The last 4-5 years with my xbox 360 has been an utter nightmare storage wise. I have more flash sticks than I care to admit. I wasn't even going to buy an Xbox One unless they allowed external storage this time around. So when Xbox One was unveiled and they stated that it would allow external storage, I knew right then and there that I was going to buy a really big drive, one where I wouldn't have to worry about storage space for a very long time. Unfortunately, it seems even my 5TB isn't going to last very long. I already have the 500GB internal HD full and like 45% of the 5 TB drive is full. So I have already used up like 3 TB. I figure I have another 12-16 months and I will have to buy a 2nd drive.
OrangeCrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2015, 06:56 PM   #14
snappahead
Producer
Producer

Meh, you don't need to have all of your games installed at the same time. I usually uninstall stuff I know I'll never play again or stuff that I know I won't play for a good while.
snappahead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2015, 08:47 PM   #15
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by snappahead View Post
Meh, you don't need to have all of your games installed at the same time. I usually uninstall stuff I know I'll never play again or stuff that I know I won't play for a good while.
This.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 02:54 PM   #16
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by snappahead View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminous View Post
This.
At the same time it is awesome to have a convenient solution to be able to access ones library at any time. I hate that if I decide I want to play something like the Last of Us again on a whim I have to accommodate a couple hours to re-download it
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 11:07 PM   #17
SideShowJoe
Inhumans

Ok I just bought a external hard drive but decided not to get the xbox one and got the 5 TB Seagate USB 3.0 for $130! It was best decision I've ever made! Now I don't have to uninstall games that u want on my Xbox... Plus this will hold about 100 games so I should be good for at least next year I hope... I'm actually going to buy a second one just for movies and music here soon and then our xbox will be best entertainment system we have!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminous View Post
This.
That's great for you but it's pain in the ass having to reinstall all of our games! My 500 GB internal hard drive didn't even let me hold half of our games at one time... If you don't have msny games luminous it wouldn't be bad idea but for us it was no brainer to up our storage!

Sarah
SideShowJoe is offline   Reply With Quote