Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 10-10-2018, 03:45 AM   #191
addic
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadGhostKnight View Post
I'd be really surprised if Sideshow just said "you aren't getting anything back at all" if they couldn't give cash back i'm sure they'd give credit.

The PCS items on your Sideshow account now are their responsibility now...If Prime 1 suddenly closed their doors i'd expect Sideshow to step up as my orders are through them, i see the PCS orders now as no different.
There is a HUGE difference. Sideshow never took a single dollar from anyone for orders that were placed through PCS. All they did was to take over distribution for PCS as part of an agreement because PCS wasn't able to handle it themselves anymore. To make that easier for everyone involved they transferred the order data to their system.

PCS is still responsible. I said that a hundred times - if PCS screws up and goes bankrupt then our money will be lost and there is absolutely no reason to blame Sideshow when it comes to orders from the time prior to the merger.
addic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 04:05 AM   #192
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by addic View Post
There is a HUGE difference. Sideshow never took a single dollar from anyone for orders that were placed through PCS. All they did was to take over distribution for PCS as part of an agreement because PCS wasn't able to handle it themselves anymore. To make that easier for everyone involved they transferred the order data to their system.

PCS is still responsible. I said that a hundred times - if PCS screws up and goes bankrupt then our money will be lost and there is absolutely no reason to blame Sideshow when it comes to orders from the time prior to the merger.
No there wouldn't be a reason to blame SS but as far as i'm concerned at this point it's their responsibility.

I've seen people say "PCS screwed SS over, SS had no idea the difficulties that PCS are going through" of course Sideshow knew, everyone in the industry knew and knows how PCS have been for years and to think that Sideshow would go into this partnership without knowing the financials, the history and the future is dumb.

As others have said this is not just a distribution deal, they have taken on multiple responsibilities and if they are responsible for shipping items out new or old, pre-orders of new items, ALL Customer service for all items.....then for me they should be responsible for ALL refunds old or new....
DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 07:28 AM   #193
Sgt Taz
Doom Patrol

Pretty sure as far as legaly goes, the orders you made and paid with PCS are PCS's responsability as far as refunds go, SS is only responsible for distribution. Orders made and paid through SS will be covered by SS.
Sgt Taz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 07:43 AM   #194
addic
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt Taz View Post
Pretty sure as far as legaly goes, the orders you made and paid with PCS are PCS's responsability as far as refunds go, SS is only responsible for distribution. Orders made and paid through SS will be covered by SS.
Exactly
addic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 09:04 AM   #195
candyrocket786
Suicide Squad

So basically....

We're still f*cked.
candyrocket786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 09:25 AM   #196
Sgt Taz
Doom Patrol

Quote:
Originally Posted by candyrocket786 View Post
So basically....

We're still f*cked.
Basically we dont know anything untill SS gives us the next update.
Sgt Taz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 05:14 PM   #197
Stormrider
Fantastic Four

Yep, Sideshow won’t refund any payment made to PCS
However they will credit the amount paid to PCS any of your existing pre-orders.
Any payments made to Sideshow will be refunded.
Stormrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 05:51 PM   #198
CyberSteak
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Well another chat session with Sideshow.

I'm conflicted. I've started the process with my CC company to get my money refunded. Due to it being nearly a year since I paid this money, the process is a little more drawn out and complicated. I essentially have to send ALL documentation to them.

But the CS rep at SS stated we're their "customers moving forward" and when I expressed concern that we'll end up losing our money if PCS is goes belly up, the CS rep said they didn't think they "wouldn't let that happen."

*shrug*
CyberSteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 07:53 PM   #199
LABound
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormrider View Post
Yep, Sideshow won’t refund any payment made to PCS
However they will credit the amount paid to PCS any of your existing pre-orders.
Any payments made to Sideshow will be refunded.
I asked for credit and haven’t gotten anything.
LABound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 08:12 PM   #200
Evil Ryu
Fantastic Four

Followed up today, two months after my initial email. They are still a few weeks out from starting the processes of issuing refunds...we’re never getting our money back. Lmfao.
Evil Ryu is offline   Reply With Quote