Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Exodiuz's Vids & Video Games

Old 10-05-2007, 08:51 PM   #21
snappahead
Producer
Producer

I'm going to pretend I said everything Kujo just said.

I'll add one note. RE5 was part of MS' E3 presentation, so I have to assume that deals been inked. Don't know anything about a delayed release, but it's definitely coming to 360.
snappahead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 08:54 PM   #22
Kujo
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snappahead View Post
I'm going to pretend I said everything Kujo just said.

I'll add one note. RE5 was part of MS' E3 presentation, so I have to assume that deals been inked. Don't know anything about a delayed release, but it's definitely coming to 360.
haha, the techy geek in me was dying to get out.

i forgot that the E3 vid was on a 360... so its a pretty much defo!
Kujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 09:35 PM   #23
Brru
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

360 - I absolutely love the games and the graphics. I do not have a High rez (I dont call it HD cause thats a dumb term) TV or anything and the graphics are still really nice, but it definately shines at higher resolution. Online gameplay is good in my opinion (its the best out there) but I have a problem paying mostly.

Its an expensive console for someone without a lot of money. I mean that like you spend a lot to buy it, you spend a lot on games, you spend a lot on subscription, you spend a lot on points, and you spend a lot when it breaks (unless you buy a warranty or something). Over all Microsoft is capitalist in areas that they dont necessarily need to be.

PS3 - I dont own this but Ive played it a lot with my girlfriends brother and its got the best graphics of any hands down. I also like the games they do have out.

The problem with it is that nobody programs for it, so no games as everyone has said already.

Sony on the other hand has been doing bad since about 2003 on everything. All of there departments really went into the crapper and they do not care about there customers a bit. I have had a lot of bad experience with them, so that probably makes me bias.

Wii - Honestly, this system scares the living crap out of me just because of how much potential it really has. Sure the graphics suck, but I dont think I have ever cared. Who wants to see Mario's shirt flap in the breeze realistically as he jumps. The games just are not based on the graphics like a lot of the other consoles are.

What really scares me is that Im at the end of a generation. Nintendo is genius in getting parents to buy these for children. After all thats how every last one of us "gamers" were brought up. Its also the only reason we are so devoted to a specific game or console sometimes. So if you want a system that in ten years is still going to be around and fun at parties then the Wii is your boy. The children of today are going to be making games like this in the future and us Originaly Nintendo lovers are going to be outdated. Nintendo is in it for th elong term, not the money like the others (which has its pros and cons)

This is all just my opinion. If you dont like it....well...dont let the door hit ya on the way out.
Brru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 09:42 PM   #24
Kujo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brru View Post
360 - I absolutely love the games and the graphics. I do not have a High rez (I dont call it HD cause thats a dumb term) TV or anything and the graphics are still really nice, but it definately shines at higher resolution. Online gameplay is good in my opinion (its the best out there) but I have a problem paying mostly.

Its an expensive console for someone without a lot of money. I mean that like you spend a lot to buy it, you spend a lot on games, you spend a lot on subscription, you spend a lot on points, and you spend a lot when it breaks (unless you buy a warranty or something). Over all Microsoft is capitalist in areas that they dont necessarily need to be.

PS3 - I dont own this but Ive played it a lot with my girlfriends brother and its got the best graphics of any hands down. I also like the games they do have out.

The problem with it is that nobody programs for it, so no games as everyone has said already.

Sony on the other hand has been doing bad since about 2003 on everything. All of there departments really went into the crapper and they do not care about there customers a bit. I have had a lot of bad experience with them, so that probably makes me bias.

Wii - Honestly, this system scares the living crap out of me just because of how much potential it really has. Sure the graphics suck, but I dont think I have ever cared. Who wants to see Mario's shirt flap in the breeze realistically as he jumps. The games just are not based on the graphics like a lot of the other consoles are.

What really scares me is that Im at the end of a generation. Nintendo is genius in getting parents to buy these for children. After all thats how every last one of us "gamers" were brought up. Its also the only reason we are so devoted to a specific game or console sometimes. So if you want a system that in ten years is still going to be around and fun at parties then the Wii is your boy. The children of today are going to be making games like this in the future and us Originaly Nintendo lovers are going to be outdated. Nintendo is in it for th elong term, not the money like the others (which has its pros and cons)

This is all just my opinion. If you dont like it....well...dont let the door hit ya on the way out.

But, compare XB Live at £40 a year, to PS3's free online.... these things cost money to run and keep up to date. £40 a year for the best online experience there is is good stuff imo!
Old 10-05-2007, 11:13 PM   #25
Red X
What's another word for Thesaurus?

I can't remember when Assassin's Creed was a Sony exclusive...

But SONY stole the likes of Ninja Gaiden, Midnight Club? Gotham some exlcuisve cruddy xbox racing game...some other exlcusives of the xbox have went cross platform as well.

Games such as Haze that started off multiplatform are now only on the PS3.

Nights for me just doesn't look like a good game period. Not comparing it to 360 or PS3 because the system can never do anything to compare to them. But Nights, just nothing about it makes me mildly interested. Very underwhelming, it's always basically been Sonic except in the air...very boring.

Bash the PS3 all ya want...makes no difference to me.
Red X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 12:43 AM   #26
snappahead
Producer
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red X View Post
I can't remember when Assassin's Creed was a Sony exclusive...

But SONY stole the likes of Ninja Gaiden, Midnight Club? Gotham some exlcuisve cruddy xbox racing game...some other exlcusives of the xbox have went cross platform as well.

Games such as Haze that started off multiplatform are now only on the PS3.

Nights for me just doesn't look like a good game period. Not comparing it to 360 or PS3 because the system can never do anything to compare to them. But Nights, just nothing about it makes me mildly interested. Very underwhelming, it's always basically been Sonic except in the air...very boring.

Bash the PS3 all ya want...makes no difference to me.
What are you talkin about? I'm well versed in fanboy logic, but it never stops entertaining me.

Early on...Assassins Creed was ASSUMED to be PS3 exclusive because there hadn't been any mention of a 360 version. Ubisoft took a while to finally announce that a 360 version was in the works as well.

Sony didn't steal Ninja Gaiden. They simply made an updated version of the game for PS3. Ninja Gaiden 2 at the moment is exclusive for 360, but that could change. Either way...360 will still have Ninja Gaiden.

I honestly don't know anything about Midnight Club...

Exclusive for XBox= cruddy game.....gotcha. As far as I know, it's still a 360 exclusive as well. And it's a fantastic series. Believe it or not..systems you don't like/own will release good games.

"Other exclusives"..I can't argue such rock solid facts.

Yep. Haze is indeed exclusive. I'm looking forward to trying it out.

Well, it's cool if you don't like Nights. I don't either actually. I know it was a beloved game back in the day when it first came out. Different strokes....

Who's bashing the PS3? This thread was for pointing out the shortcomings of all of the systems. I can tell you've made up your mind the PS3 is the best system out there, but even if that were true, (it's not) it still has problems like every other system does. Pointing out facts about a system isn't bashing.
snappahead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 01:14 AM   #27
Red X
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
What are you talkin about? I'm well versed in fanboy logic, but it never stops entertaining me.

Early on...Assassins Creed was ASSUMED to be PS3 exclusive because there hadn't been any mention of a 360 version. Ubisoft took a while to finally announce that a 360 version was in the works as well.

Sony didn't steal Ninja Gaiden. They simply made an updated version of the game for PS3. Ninja Gaiden 2 at the moment is exclusive for 360, but that could change. Either way...360 will still have Ninja Gaiden.
Just because something isn't announced doesn't make it an exlcusive. Like you said assumed, so it never was actually a Sony exclusive, I don't remember if you or kujo claimed it was.

I was stating that Ninja Gaiden was a series that was exclusive to xbox consoles but the PS3 got Ninja Gaiden Sigma, update or not is still the franchise on another system.

Just as 360 is getting some former SONY exclusives: Devil May Cry, GTA IV, even RE games which is more of a Nintendo exclusive as of late.

Just as the PS3 is getting some former xbox exclusives: Oblivion, Ninja Gaiden, Eternal Sonata,
Kane & Lynch, Crossfire.

That's all I was saying. I personally am not a very big xbox fan and not a microsoft fan at all. But I love Sony and Nintendom, big surpirse huh?

I love my wii. But Nights just doesn't look like a very good game from what I've read up and seen so far. Smash Brothers and Galaxy are must owns for me though.
Red X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 02:32 AM   #28
Endless Wake
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Sales figures from each console's launch date through the end of July (and the end of August in Japan)
9 million for the Wii
8.9 million for the 360,
3.7 million for the PlayStation 3.
Now that I think about it Sony has very little time to catch up to Wii and 360. If PS3 takes another year or two to really take off Sony may lose out on a huge chunk of this gen's market, were talking 2009.

Imagine if Xbox releases the next gen console in five-years like they did with Xbox(2001) & 360(2006). That means in 2011 we'll see something new. If Sony drops the price and gets the games out they might make it but I doubt it.
Endless Wake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 03:23 AM   #29
Kujo

Quote:
Again, Newsweek revealed that Ubisoft had actually gone to Sony with an offer to make the game a PlayStation 3 exclusive. Although Sony did go through the trouble of asking Ubisoft to make it seem as if their multiplatform action game Assassin's Creed was indeed PS3 exclusive , it came out shortly after E3 that it would ship simultaneously on both platforms.

The brief flirtation with pretend exclusivity at E3 that year did get Assassin's Creed noticed, winning it several "PlayStation 3 Game of the Year" awards that it wouldn't have won otherwise.
Ubisoft actually went to Sony with an exclusive, and Sony played on it a bit. The whole gaming community "assumed" it was a PS3 title, because Sony made out it was.

As for Nights, this one may suck now, but when it came out in '96 it was an amazing game. They have updated the graphics and added wiimote functionality, but it still might be dated.

As far as i'm aware, Kane and Lynch has always been slated for both consoles. 360 was the first to show it, as it was the first to show Assasins Creed, GTA4 and RE5. I'm not 100% on this though.

Oblivion was an short term x-box exclusive because the PS3 wasn't out for it to be released on, lol

What games do you actually play Red?
Old 10-06-2007, 05:26 AM   #30
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

Quote:
Who's bashing the PS3? This thread was for pointing out the shortcomings of all of the systems. I can tell you've made up your mind the PS3 is the best system out there, but even if that were true, (it's not) it still has problems like every other system does. Pointing out facts about a system isn't bashing.
It becomes bashing when all you have to say is negative things about the system (which is still new) and then bring up Sony are bad or Sony did this. I am not saying you are one of those but they are on here. To those people, "we get it your a Wii or XBox fan".
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote