Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Books, Literature & News

Old 10-23-2011, 08:56 PM   #11
stormshadow75x
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

It's a no win situation. If they would have tried to save the animals & a person/child would have been killed they would have been blamed. I doubt they were even equipped to handle that type of situation.

The bigger issue is why someone would have all those animals? The laws seem very laxed & allowing a situation like that to be even possible is the real culprit but I guess that's what happens whne you constantly fight off regulations.
stormshadow75x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 08:29 AM   #12
patrickwm68
The Flash

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoferflinchin View Post
There's no way you can convince me nothing else short of killing them could be accomplished. That being said, tigers, lions & bears should not be owned by ANYONE. It's just asking for trouble.
Jack Hanna and the Humane Society have come out in support of the police for killing those animals. The police are not equipped with tranquilzer guns, night was falling and they could not take a chance of having these dangerous animals running around at night. They've also said that even if these animals were tranquilized there was always the possibility of the animal running off and falling asleep somewhere else only to wake up again. With this many animals it really looks like there was no other option. Besides some of the animals were captured and sent to zoos.
patrickwm68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 03:38 PM   #13
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

It broke my heart that all those Tigers and the other animals had to die. It was the right thing to do though. The douche here is the owner who set them free before killing himself. Selfish pr!ck.
The General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 10:52 PM   #14
joefixit2
Baron Zemo

Quote:
Originally Posted by The General View Post
It broke my heart that all those Tigers and the other animals had to die. It was the right thing to do though. The douche here is the owner who set them free before killing himself. Selfish pr!ck.
+1 He knew what was going to happen to those animals when he let them go. He could have always sent a note to the Columbus Zoo saying to come get them and then off himself.
joefixit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 11:03 PM   #15
Argonus
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by joefixit2 View Post
+1 He knew what was going to happen to those animals when he let them go. He could have always sent a note to the Columbus Zoo saying to come get them and then off himself.
Actually, Steve, if he wanted to "go out like a man", he should've covered himself in steak sauce and walked into one of the tiger cages, promptly closing the door behind him.. after calling the authorities letting them know to come pick up his caged critters.

The man went out like a b!tch.
Argonus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 04:03 PM   #16
Mean Green
Fantomah

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormshadow75x View Post
The bigger issue is why someone would have all those animals? The laws seem very laxed & allowing a situation like that to be even possible is the real culprit but I guess that's what happens when you constantly fight off regulations.

Quote:
Agreed. My gf's a huge animal activist and she's been enraged about the whole situation. But we really need to blame the right people - not the officers that responded to the call.
Mean Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 04:44 PM   #17
Collection King 13
You Should Punch Your Face in the Face!!!
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Exactly!

"Grailability" -One collectibles potential on becoming a Grail Piece. Pronunciation [greyl-uh-bil-i-tee]
"Flipphobia" -One collectors morbid fear of flippers. Pronunciation [flip-foh-bee-uh]
"Flipollector" -One Who Flips with the intent of purchasing something else for their collection. Pronunciation [flip-uh-lek-ter]
http://statueforum.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=75&dateline=1236098318
Collection King 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 12:09 AM   #18
KateArcherUNITY
Doh!

This is so horrible to hear.....
KateArcherUNITY is offline   Reply With Quote