Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 01-14-2016, 12:55 AM   #21
dechirico7
The Flash

I get too much of an old-porcelain statue vibe from this piece.
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2016, 01:11 AM   #22
gogo13
Look out for #1. Don't step in #2 either.

Attachment 94275Its avail for pre-order at BBTS..

I hope they change the face before the final production piece.The face could look better. Her pose from the side looks good.
gogo13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2016, 04:30 AM   #23
AlizAbef
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Damn, this piece looks awesome. I'll go as far to say it looks jawesome. Even at 1/6, I think it's better than Sideshow's. That portrait is so well done, and what a pose.
AlizAbef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2016, 10:19 AM   #24
shadow.broker
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Another angle:

shadow.broker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2016, 01:23 PM   #25
Valkyrie
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlizAbef View Post
Damn, this piece looks awesome. I'll go as far to say it looks jawesome. Even at 1/6, I think it's better than Sideshow's. That portrait is so well done, and what a pose.
You're entitled to your opinion, but in what way?

On Sideshow's, her costume actually resembles leaves unlike the green Witchblade vibe I'm getting here. The hair sculpt on Sideshow's has a smoother, natural flow to it and the portrait is probably one of the more attractive female faces they've ever done. Even the pose Yamato chose is somewhat similar to the PF.

Other than price, I'm just not seeing any advantage this has over Sideshow's.
Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2016, 02:51 PM   #26
Macethy
Look out for #1. Don't step in #2 either.

I can definitely appreciate this piece and the recently released Wonder Woman and Harley Quinn, but somehow they don't capture any of the spirit or emotion of the characters for me, their faces look so lifeless.
Macethy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2016, 03:09 PM   #27
AlizAbef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valkyrie View Post
You're entitled to your opinion, but in what way?

On Sideshow's, her costume actually resembles leaves unlike the green Witchblade vibe I'm getting here. The hair on Sideshow's has a smoother flow to it and the portrait is probably one of the more attractive female faces they've ever done. Even the pose Yamato chose is somewhat similar to the PF.

Other than price, I'm just not seeing any advantage this has over Sideshow's.
Like I said dude, it's jawesome at 1/6. I actually like how the vine and ivy are becoming one with her. It's apparent with the changing of her skin color. I get that the sculptor had to paint in all the ivy surrounding her body, otherwise she'd have this thick sculpted green vine twined all around her torso, arms, breasts, thighs, and booty area, and it would more than likely be very difficult to accomplish on a 1/6 scale piece while looking pretty weird at the same time. The 'Witchblade' look as you and another chick call it is different and unique aside from the usual bikini leaf get-up she's almost always shown in. This one stands out big time to me. Bigger isn't always better.
Old 01-14-2016, 03:51 PM   #28
Hanky Panky
Captain Marvel

Quote:
Bigger isn't always better.
I'm a breast and ass man, so I will respectfully have to disagree with you on this.
Hanky Panky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2016, 04:12 PM   #29
AlizAbef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanky Panky View Post
I'm a breast and ass man, so I will respectfully have to disagree with you on this.
Haha!
Old 01-14-2016, 04:43 PM   #30
Valkyrie
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Like I said dude, it's jawesome at 1/6. I actually like how the vine and ivy are becoming one with her. It's apparent with the changing of her skin color. I get that the sculptor had to paint in all the ivy surrounding her body, otherwise she'd have this thick sculpted green vine twined all around her torso, arms, breasts, thighs, and booty area, and it would more than likely be very difficult to accomplish on a 1/6 scale piece while looking pretty weird at the same time. The 'Witchblade' look as you and another chick call it is different and unique aside from the usual bikini leaf get-up she's almost always shown in. This one stands out big time to me. Bigger isn't always better.
I completely agree bigger isn't always better. Personally, I've seen smaller statues of Ivy that I've found more appealing than this one.

It's all good. We all like what we like and I won't hold that against anyone. I was just trying to understand what you were seeing in this piece that made you like it better than Sideshow's.

I can appreciate different spins on classic characters just like Harley and Catwoman before her. Unfortunately, I still can't unsee the similarity to Ms. Pezzini's costume.

I will say I like this one better than their take on Catwoman, though.
Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote