Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > ARH Studios

Old 07-14-2016, 01:20 PM   #231
Valkyrie
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by The13thWarlock View Post
You know... When I saw the pics I was pretty dissapointed they left the loin guard on her for all the pics... I figured they were trying to be tasteful and I was just being not so tasteful... Lol. But yeah, seeing as how this statue is being billed, there really should be some of her with all the removable parts removed...
Someone was kind enough to ask on Facebook.

This was your cousin's response...

"No, we won't make a video with everything off nor show pictures as well. Trust me, the sash is very easy to attach, very well engineered, and everything down down there is perfectly sculpted."

Sounds a bit dodgy to me.
Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 01:44 PM   #232
The13thWarlock
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valkyrie View Post
Someone was kind enough to ask on Facebook.

This was your cousin's response...

"No, we won't make a video with everything off nor show pictures as well. Trust me, the sash is very easy to attach, very well engineered, and everything down down there is perfectly sculpted."

Sounds a bit dodgy to me.
Nah. My cousins not being dodgy... From the very limited amount of times I've left this section of the forums, I sort of get the impression among the statue collecting community that ARH and Arahom is sort of like the Larry Flint of the collectible sculpture world. Apparently, naked barbarian girls don't display well between batman and the submariner...

So my guess is that ARH is trying to "keep it clean" when it comes to their website and promo pics. Now this might not be the case at all. They could be using the same approach as countless strippers everywhere... You have to pay if you want to see the goods!!!!
The13thWarlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 01:52 PM   #233
Valkyrie

Haha! I like your Larry Flynt reference. Sadly, that does seem to be the general perception outside of this section.

As for keeping it clean, I can respect not wanting to post such images on the website or social media.

However, I don't blame anyone for wanting to see the advertised goods up front before they plunk down $600. There's a clear shot of Arkhalla's lower region on the website so I don't see why it's an issue with this one.

Perhaps send pics out in a newsletter?
Old 07-14-2016, 02:47 PM   #234
Nugchompa
Captain Marvel

I honestly don't have to see the nooks and crannies, I just want some kind of confirmation that the "pins" mentioned in the video do not actually pin into the statue itself. A picture could have solved that mystery, but it looks like we will not be getting one.
Nugchompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 02:50 PM   #235
Nugchompa
Captain Marvel

Well, it appears they have now answered that on Facebook:

"ARH Studios Statue: Definitely no holes on her skin!!! It would ruin the statue!"
Nugchompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 02:58 PM   #236
Valkyrie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nugchompa View Post
I honestly don't have to see the nooks and crannies, I just want some kind of confirmation that the "pins" mentioned in the video do not actually pin into the statue itself. A picture could have solved that mystery, but it looks like we will not be getting one.
That's truly what has my curiousity piqued too. I really have no reason to think her nether-regions aren't "perfectly sculpted" as he claims. They seemed to do a decent a job with the Arkhalla 1/3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nugchompa View Post
Well, it appears they have now answered that on Facebook:

"ARH Studios Statue: Definitely no holes on her skin!!! It would ruin the statue!"
Well, that's settled I guess.

I just can't imagine how else it would attach to the statue using pins without there being visible holes on the body. Unless the pins are just attaching to her belt? That might be kind of fiddly.

Would have still liked to see more of a demonstration on how it works.
Old 07-14-2016, 03:42 PM   #237
The13thWarlock

My guess is that the pins attach section one of the skirt to section two of the skirt and it sits on the statue. I would very much doubt it attached to the statue in some way, as Arahom made reference to "dressing her"
Old 07-14-2016, 03:50 PM   #238
Valkyrie

I guess it won't be known for sure until she arrives in 2 years. JK

Didn't want to break my rule about double dipping on this character. The more I look at it, the more I like it though.
Old 07-14-2016, 03:53 PM   #239
ronskimomo
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

I have waited over two years for the Frazetta statues. I would buy this one if I had any of the three statues I ordered and could check the quality.
ronskimomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 04:27 PM   #240
The13thWarlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronskimomo View Post
I have waited over two years for the Frazetta statues. I would buy this one if I had any of the three statues I ordered and could check the quality.
I think a lot of people struggle with this. At around $500 a statue, more in a lot of cases, once you have 2-3 statues on PO, that's a large chunk of change. Hopefully the next few months will see large amounts of statues being delivered and give buyers more confidence to keep investing thousands of dollars into ARH.

If it makes you feel any better, they have over $2k of my money and I'm pretty comfortable with that.