Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 03-09-2021, 10:51 PM   #141
azurepred
Zot

Quote:
Originally Posted by candyrocket786 View Post
This may very well be the gold-standard for collecting.
it wasn't that long ago when we thought ECC/CM were. Now compare their 1/3 Freddy or Jason to JND pieces. Not even close.
azurepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2021, 02:45 AM   #142
Dundee
Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by azurepred View Post
well, ----, I caved and PO'd this. Just sold my Prime 1/2 version. Secret compass still has this if you live in CA and want to avoid taxes btw.
Congrats, this is the ultimate ledger joker piece! Best of the bunch and 1/3 is the perfect scale for this.
Dundee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2021, 11:12 PM   #143
azurepred
Zot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dundee View Post
Congrats, this is the ultimate ledger joker piece! Best of the bunch and 1/3 is the perfect scale for this.
Thanks, I went back and forth between this and the 1/3 Prime. I think the scene specific pose and simple base may have been the biggest factor for me.
Old 03-10-2021, 11:27 PM   #144
pdenham
Teen Titans

I refrained from offering this opinion in the XM 1/3 Magneto thread just now- but I really love this scale.

And one thing I realized with their Captain America was that- at this scale, less is definitely more for me.
The size alone creates a strong presence. I feel like a busy, diorama base would just detract from the raw power of the figure.

I love the attitude they captured with this one. It doesn't need any extra flash on top of that.

I initially preferred the Queen one because of the specific scene it's referencing- but I have no doubt everyone that's fortunate to get this will be floored once it's in hand.

It'll be a showstopper in any room, for sure.
pdenham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2021, 03:49 PM   #145
NYC Joker
A day without sunshine is like... night.

I’m officially in on this piece. I saw that SF was only down to like 3-4 and I knew that I was eventually going to cave in. This for me is the best Ledger piece I’ve ever seen and I have the utmost confidence in JND to pull it out after seeing some of their other work.

I’ll likely also buy Catwoman assuming the trailer looks as good as I expect it to, since I’m a TDK trilogy fanboy.
NYC Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2021, 06:09 PM   #146
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC Joker View Post
I’m officially in on this piece. I saw that SF was only down to like 3-4 and I knew that I was eventually going to cave in. This for me is the best Ledger piece I’ve ever seen and I have the utmost confidence in JND to pull it out after seeing some of their other work.

I’ll likely also buy Catwoman assuming the trailer looks as good as I expect it to, since I’m a TDK trilogy fanboy.
I put my order in earlier today also. That's 3 different HL Jokers I have on order now,
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2021, 06:39 PM   #147
NYC Joker

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67L88Stingray View Post
I put my order in earlier today also. That's 3 different HL Jokers I have on order now,
Bruh, that’s a lot of Ledger, congratulations! This was by far my favorite of the three recent Ledgers and seems to be of the highest quality. I like QS’s too, but I’d rather the larger scale and I prefer the “Hit me” scene and silicone in general.
Old 04-06-2021, 10:31 PM   #148
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC Joker View Post
Bruh, that’s a lot of Ledger, congratulations! This was by far my favorite of the three recent Ledgers and seems to be of the highest quality. I like QS’s too, but I’d rather the larger scale and I prefer the “Hit me” scene and silicone in general.
Yea, of the 3 this one is my fav. I have the QS 1/3 rooted hair and 1/4 artist version on order at the moment too. If they come out with a 1/2 scale I will be in trouble.
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2021, 10:37 PM   #149
NYC Joker

Officially sold out on SF!
Old 04-06-2021, 10:50 PM   #150
azurepred
Zot

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67L88Stingray View Post
Yea, of the 3 this one is my fav. I have the QS 1/3 rooted hair and 1/4 artist version on order at the moment too. If they come out with a 1/2 scale I will be in trouble.
I have all of those on order as well. Along with my custom bust, I am officially done with Ledger Jokers. I'm not even sure if I will keep all 3, but we'll see.