Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Infinity Studios / Gantaku / Queen Studios

Old 04-15-2021, 11:20 PM   #321
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMo View Post
The problem is we are paying for all the switch outs and head sculpts. When a statue arrives, I generally pick the pose I want and the rest gets packed up never to be seen again. So I'm paying for extras I don't need.
Without the different options you couldn't get it exactly how you want it in the first place though.

I have also changed my mind about which parts I liked the best from when I ordered. When I get a piece in hand so it's nice to have that ability you otherwise wouldn't.
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2021, 09:02 AM   #322
kolektan
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

I finally cancelled my preorder. As much as I adore this statue, I still cannot support this kind of behaviour. If this continues, soon they will charge $1200 for 3000pcs Batman because it’s “popular” or it has “sculpted cape and switch outs”. Maybe one person’s opinion does not really matter, but I still believe in vote-with-your-wallet attitude.
As I speak, my local distributor is still taking preorder for this statue, so maybe the sales is not that crazy like Figurama or Tsume?
kolektan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2021, 10:20 AM   #323
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kolektan View Post
I finally cancelled my preorder. As much as I adore this statue, I still cannot support this kind of behaviour.
Let me preface my comment by stating, it's your money and you can obviously do what you want.......that said, your actions don't make any sense.

Firstly - "Supporting this kind of behaviour"?!?........what behaviour? Look, this is a company designed to make money. If they could make more money selling bottle tops, they'd stop making statues, and they'd start selling bottle tops. They set their pricing, and either the market wants to pay, or it doesn't. Theres no behaviour that needs to be corrected - at least from the company's side. The corrective behaviour should be on the consumer side, and us learning to control our urges / spending....but that leads me to my second point....

Secondly. You like the statue enough to pre-order.....knowing the price and conditions of sale at the time of pre-order. So why now take the stance that you disagree with the company pricing policy - why the change of mind? If you REALLY lke the statue, enough to pay the price.....what's the problem? If like you say, they bring out a batman in future with a higher price and high ES, either you will like it enough to buy it or you won't......
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2021, 01:02 PM   #324
worstgamerever
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
Let me preface my comment by stating, it's your money and you can obviously do what you want.......that said, your actions don't make any sense.

Firstly - "Supporting this kind of behaviour"?!?........what behaviour? Look, this is a company designed to make money. If they could make more money selling bottle tops, they'd stop making statues, and they'd start selling bottle tops. They set their pricing, and either the market wants to pay, or it doesn't. Theres no behaviour that needs to be corrected - at least from the company's side. The corrective behaviour should be on the consumer side, and us learning to control our urges / spending....but that leads me to my second point....

Secondly. You like the statue enough to pre-order.....knowing the price and conditions of sale at the time of pre-order. So why now take the stance that you disagree with the company pricing policy - why the change of mind? If you REALLY lke the statue, enough to pay the price.....what's the problem? If like you say, they bring out a batman in future with a higher price and high ES, either you will like it enough to buy it or you won't......
His or her actions don't need to make sense to you - so long as it is what they decide to do. I don't think the lecture was necessary. Then again, you may be convinced it was

In any event, I understand the concept of voting with one's wallet. That means sometimes not buying something you otherwise would. I happen to be in the same boat here - really nice statue, even so.
worstgamerever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2021, 02:31 PM   #325
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by worstgamerever View Post
His or her actions don't need to make sense to you - so long as it is what they decide to do. I don't think the lecture was necessary.
It wasn't intended as a lecture, hence my preface.

He / She shared a statement of intent, so I assumed this statement was for public consumption and consideration, hence my response.
Old 04-21-2021, 06:28 PM   #326
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
It wasn't intended as a lecture, hence my preface.

He / She shared a statement of intent, so I assumed this statement was for public consumption and consideration, hence my response.
Some people just don’t like high edition sizes I guess.

But looking at some of their previous releases it shouldn’t have come as a surprise for anyone who did the least bit of research before placing their order.
Phoenixblazes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2021, 12:52 AM   #327
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
Some people just don’t like high edition sizes I guess.

But looking at some of their previous releases it shouldn’t have come as a surprise for anyone who did the least bit of research before placing their order.
With the prices of statues right now, and the current economic situation for the "average Joe"......I wouldn't be surprised if people who are jumping on these day 1 pre orders have moments of regret / remorse. Especially when you consider the level of risk in ALL companies, that the production piece may not be anywhere near the prototype.

Bottom line, this is an expensive hobby.
Old 04-22-2021, 10:27 AM   #328
ACalica917
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

From an insider’s point of view, the Edition size was most likely set by the initial interest from direct orders and the websites (as limited as there were) offering it. It was a pretty fast initial sell-out as well as being praised by almost all of the FB collectors websites I follow (even getting sales from 1:6 action figure devotees). Understanding that, Queen Studios shouldn’t be blamed for consumer interest. They are simply meeting a demand. That’s simply business.

Now I can understand if you suspect that a high edition size might compromise the quality but a low edition size doesn’t guarantee quality either. My hope is that the alleged “priciness” goes into maintaining the high quality no matter what the edition size. They could even produce it in batches which would be essentially 3 or 4 high quality factory runs. You can think of it as 3 or 4 Low Edition runs. I think we should let Queen Studio prove themselves before projecting the downsides of a mid to high edition run on them.
ACalica917 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2021, 11:51 AM   #329
nearmint
Phoenix

As I’ve said before, at this price point for a 1/4 scale piece, 90% to proto won’t be acceptable. It’s gotta be 100%.
nearmint is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2021, 12:21 PM   #330
chronos1919
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
As I’ve said before, at this price point for a 1/4 scale piece, 90% to proto won’t be acceptable. It’s gotta be 100%.
They're making thousands of these in some factory or another. There's no way the paint apps are going to be on par with their master hand-painted prototype. Has a mass produced statue in this hobby ever met the quality of the prototype?
chronos1919 is offline   Reply With Quote