Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Chronicle Collectibles

Old 02-13-2021, 07:32 AM   #271
BillyCurly
Dreams of Youth are the Regrets of Maturity
Adamantium Plus Member

In the beginning their service was AMAZING!. I would get deals, Free shipping to canada and discounts by just calling and asking on the phone to a real person. I remember buying the lifesize Lord of Darkness Bust for an easy $800 with free shipping to canada, then I called them up and got the Queen Alien 1/4 bust for $900 and they agreed to ship that for free to canada even though none of it was offered. When ever I had an issue, they would send out a new product to me right away, just from my word, no pictures and I didnt have to give or distroy the busted piece. But that service was 15 years ago. There service now is HORRIBLE and I have not bought a Sideshow piece since they were doing the new MOTU line which Tweeterhead is now doing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67L88Stingray View Post
I have not purchased from them in years, other than some items they distribute like the P1 stuff or the Blitzway Ecto-1. I have been told they don't want to make much themselves anymore, just want be an order hub basically for other companies. People always like to say how great their customer service has been, but I have always thought it was quite poor overall.
BillyCurly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2021, 12:01 PM   #272
Vader
Ghost

I think sideshow has amazing customer service. Much better than many of the other companies.
Vader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2021, 08:39 PM   #273
Patriot666
Birdman

Dang, no in hand pics yet?
Patriot666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2021, 11:50 AM   #274
wayne-m0
The Spirit

nope not yet
wayne-m0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2021, 03:50 AM   #275
Dundee
Hydra

Video on youtube (search 14 lifesize terminator). There are subs. The collector believes no more than 50 (perhaps much less) were made. Looks fabulous, fingers crossed all who ordered this receive theirs.
Dundee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2021, 04:09 AM   #276
qz33
Rescue

Stunning. The most solid looking Terminator endoskeleton ever.

Only thing I can imagine making this better is if it were cast from real stainless steel.
Lady in that video sounds as interested as any collector
qz33 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2021, 04:12 AM   #277
wayne-m0
The Spirit

That is a great link thank you and the Chrome looks really great. I just hope that the packaging is better than Sideshows as the arms etc. on those were fractured upon arrival with mine. Not just my one but another persons I know too so some serious worries there. Its twice the price of the SS Life-size Endo and that Endo is great so I hope its worth it. Looks superb has to be said even if you are not a fan of the movie, the piece stands out on its own as a great display piece surely the center piece of any collection and release numbers on this I guess no one will really know.
wayne-m0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2021, 04:23 AM   #278
Dundee
Hydra

Agree this is by far the best endo piece. May not be the original but no other endo can compare in detail and sculpt. Regardless of movie quality, this one is a grail it's it's own right.
Old 02-21-2021, 06:45 PM   #279
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dundee View Post
Video on youtube (search 14 lifesize terminator). There are subs. The collector believes no more than 50 (perhaps much less) were made. Looks fabulous, fingers crossed all who ordered this receive theirs.
I was told 48-49 was the number. Another member here was told just over 50 so it's right around half what the max ES was set at. Considering the pre-order window was so short that isn't bad really. There are already people on the waitlist at $14K+ship, but I don't see those converting now as I believe all have been shipped.
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2021, 09:14 PM   #280
Dundee
Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67L88Stingray View Post
I was told 48-49 was the number. Another member here was told just over 50 so it's right around half what the max ES was set at. Considering the pre-order window was so short that isn't bad really. There are already people on the waitlist at $14K+ship, but I don't see those converting now as I believe all have been shipped.
Works out better as the final numbers are even lower than the 100 ES.

The 14k price got me confused, it was 10k originally, how did the price go up to 14k? Or is that the shipping and taxes that make it add up to 14?