Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 04-14-2021, 10:44 AM   #31
Master Pizza
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Yeah that looks like Hot Rod to me.
Master Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2021, 11:56 AM   #32
Cmac
Mephisto

The more I look at it, the more it looks like Hot Rod (the tailpipes on the upper arms are more Hot Rod than Rodimus Prime). I know Hot Rod was called Hot Rodimus outside of the US, so maybe there is a name confusion between the sculptor and the company? If that's the case, then the statue is too big.

They should just shrink the statue down (including price), call it Hot Rod and all is good.
Cmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2021, 01:15 PM   #33
eternalblue02
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmac View Post
The more I look at it, the more it looks like Hot Rod (the tailpipes on the upper arms are more Hot Rod than Rodimus Prime). I know Hot Rod was called Hot Rodimus outside of the US, so maybe there is a name confusion between the sculptor and the company? If that's the case, then the statue is too big.

They should just shrink the statue down (including price), call it Hot Rod and all is good.
You may be onto something here with the naming. In the end Hasbro has the final say so if they're happy with the name let them call him Rodimus and we'll call him Hot Rod.

I'm going to reach out XM and see what's going on. When I get info I'll post it.
eternalblue02 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2021, 02:48 PM   #34
Cmac
Mephisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalblue02 View Post
You may be onto something here with the naming. In the end Hasbro has the final say so if they're happy with the name let them call him Rodimus and we'll call him Hot Rod.

I'm going to reach out XM and see what's going on. When I get info I'll post it.
It's fine if it is Hot Rod, but they sized it to be Prime. So kind of a disconnect on that part.

Hope you hear back!
Old 04-14-2021, 03:45 PM   #35
eternalblue02

Hey at least its not this ugly generic hunk of dung from Last Knight.

It baffles me they gave him the most OP gun in the Bayformers franchise next to Sentinel's Acid Sprayer. Where he could have stopped time and changed the whole movie so it ends in 5 minutes. Same with Sentinel, dissolves Ironhide in 3 shots but never uses it again during the entire film till Megatron rips his chest open, gets the acid on himself and it does nothing to him.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	TF5Hotrod.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	55.5 KB
ID:	138518  
Old 04-14-2021, 06:17 PM   #36
FeistyMidget
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Correct me if I am wrong, but in both the g1 toy and the masterpiece version, the "trailer" is not part of the robot mode? Maybe xm is taking their cues from that. I know the movie had him transform with the trailer, but it also showed Optimus's trailer coming out of nowhere.
FeistyMidget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2021, 06:23 PM   #37
SkilledButton
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeistyMidget View Post
Correct me if I am wrong, but in both the g1 toy and the masterpiece version, the "trailer" is not part of the robot mode? Maybe xm is taking their cues from that. I know the movie had him transform with the trailer, but it also showed Optimus's trailer coming out of nowhere.
In the toy, the trailer would open up into two parts, where rodimus could stand on and shoot a cannon of some kind. It's been a while but no, it wasn't really apart of the robot, per se.

The thing is, hot rod (while technically the same character) is very different from rodimus, in a lot of ways. This is much more hot rod than rodimus, it's really odd they marketed it as such. They should just call it what it is, be interested to hear what they say.
SkilledButton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2021, 06:36 PM   #38
FeistyMidget
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkilledButton View Post
In the toy, the trailer would open up into two parts, where rodimus could stand on and shoot a cannon of some kind. It's been a while but no, it wasn't really apart of the robot, per se.

The thing is, hot rod (while technically the same character) is very different from rodimus, in a lot of ways. This is much more hot rod than rodimus, it's really odd they marketed it as such. They should just call it what it is, be interested to hear what they say.
I think they must be taking more cues from the Masterpiece line (e.g. Pipes on upper arms for rodimus vs no pipes for hot rod)
FeistyMidget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2021, 07:21 PM   #39
eternalblue02

I think I figured out what they did. They're using the Rodimus design from War for Cybertron: Kingdom. That design looks more like Hotrod than classic Rodimus. The guns he uses are the same shown with the statue. He does have his trailer that can detach and opens up but his vehicle altmode resembles Hotrod's car instead of a futuristic camper/red Kup You can google War for Cybertron: Kingdom Rodimus and you'll get plenty of pictures and toys.

The good news is if XM decides to do a Galvatron and it's from WFC:K he looks just like his classic design as do Cyclonus and Scourge.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	transformers-war-for-cybertron-kingdom-WFC-K29-commander-rodimus-prime-box-package-front_1024x10.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	193.3 KB
ID:	138535   Click image for larger version

Name:	reduced-image_18147_0_1618012596.png
Views:	10
Size:	362.5 KB
ID:	138536   Click image for larger version

Name:	reduced-image_18147_1_1618012596.png
Size:	291.8 KB
ID:	138537   Click image for larger version

Name:	transformers-war-for-cybertron-kingdom-WFC-K28-leader-galvatron-box-package-front_1024x1024.jpg
Size:	199.2 KB
ID:	138538  
Old 04-14-2021, 07:25 PM   #40
Cmac
Mephisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeistyMidget View Post
Well, there really wasn't a trailer so to speak. It wasn't like the Rodimus portion of the toy was a vehicle by itself. The back looked like a trailer, but it was just one large vehicle.