nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Gamestop in trouble

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/games...231500380.html
Old 11-27-2018, 08:30 AM   #2
Frankierock
Omega Red

The solution is simple and right in front of their eyes...offer more for used games...the reason it's in decline is because there are games they give you almost nothing for, so it stays in in people's homes.. Offering more when your a member.(right now it's basically nothing ..example- (5-10% extra on a 10 dollar trade is not going to cut it) but maybe 20% extra in trade value and 10% off new and 20% off used games might. This way maybe you'll trade in older games and buy some games you haven't tried. And they would still make plenty of $$... brand new games cost retailers 25-36 dollars and sell for 59.99, Triple A games are on the lower end of that scale.
But honestly no matter what I don't see GameStop lasting more than 5-10 years. With Digital and streaming games becoming more prominent there is no real need for used games..
Frankierock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 09:53 AM   #3
Augen
The Hulk

Personally I won't miss them. I had a FuncoLand for games and it was a laid back place and the people there loved games. Then GameStop buys them and it became all about pushing stuff to hit numbers. I felt bad seeing desperate employees trying to sell me various promotions (especially the membership subscription) and their faces when I said no. You could feel how depressed the atmosphere was the second you walked in that I just stopped going years ago. Ordering online with Amazon and others is less stressful and prices are generally better.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 09:57 AM   #4
Y3E
Gen 13

I will always prefer physical games over digital. I like EBgames in Canada and hope they are in a better position than GameStop.

I agree they should give more credit for use games but I don't see that happening. They have a rut of used games and no one is buying them.
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote