Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 11-20-2017, 04:47 PM   #1
OuttaSight
Savage Dragon

'CHANGES AT PCS' THREAD

Hi Everyone

Id like to take a moment to clear the air here as there is a lot of conjecture going on. Yes, its true Ive sold PCS to Anthony and Mark, and in hindsight we should have announced it much sooner.

As most of you know, I dont like running a business. Never have. Im a designer/sculptor. In the past I tried to hire people to run the business and they were even worse at it than I was. So when Anthony and Mark approached me about running the company it was always with the intention of selling it to them eventually.

However, eventually came much faster than any of us expected as I really enjoyed not having to deal with the business side and just being focused on the art.

The company was actually sold a few months ago, but as you see, Im still very involved in the art side. Thats our agreement. I will continue to run the Art Department as Creative Director.

More on that later...

The elephant in the room is the confusion over cancellations and refunds in the 3 month time period.

Again, this is something that should have been directly addressed months ago as there is a lot of confusion going on.

Ultimately, there is plenty of blame to go around at PCS. When they changed the delivery dates they werent aware of the 3 month refund policy. We didnt really have a list of written procedures, I kept it all in my head they relied on me providing them with information.

I forgot to discuss it with them and by the time it came to my attention, it was months later and got kind of out-of-hand.

I spoke with them over the past few days and they are putting together a plan to make things right with collectors. As I dont own the company and do not want to be involved in the business side, Im not privy to the details of those discussions. They will be posting that themselves soon.

I do want to let everyone know that PCS is in good health and Anthony and Mark have huge plans which include some massive new licensing and distribution deals. One in particular Im really itching to start designing...

But right now, its a bit chaotic as they are moving the company to North Carolina and understandably, not all employees want to relocate there, so PCS is very understaffed right now and as the new offices arent ready they cant hire anyone quite yet. Thats partly why Customer Service has fallen way behind on everything.

I ask that everyone has a bit more patience and the skies will clear. Anthony and Mark are long time statue collectors themselves, so they empathize with your frustrations.

Also, keep in mind they will make some mistakes along the way. Ive made plenty myself. Humans make mistakes.

As for me, Ive moved to Las Vegas so anyone in the area feel free to shoot me a PM if you are local. Maybe we can all get together sometime.

Going forward I will be more active on the forum addressing anything on the creative/development side. But anything related to the business of PCS (including factory production) is not something Im involved in any longer. So I wont be able to answer those questions.

Jerry
OuttaSight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 05:06 PM   #2
JRodri2540
The Avengers

PCS has been putting out great products for a long time under your art direction and as long as that is the case they will always have a loyal customer in me, no matter who owns the company. One request, please use more John Cleary, love his work.
JRodri2540 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 05:16 PM   #3
Drakull
Sailor Moon

I think you made a good choice, you are not a management man Jerry and you know it.

But it is a mistake to not informed customer, we have $k in you company,

Second mistake, when moving the company the important is still the customer service, it gives a bad feeling to every customer.

About refunds, Yes we are bored with waiting sometimes over delay, and when asking for a refund and loosing deposit we have to wait, that's not a manner the business can run ...

my encouragements to the news owners !
Drakull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 06:06 PM   #4
AllThatExist666
Look out for #1. Don't step in #2 either.

Thumbs up

I have to say I'm happy for Jerry since he could focus all
His energy on what he loves to do.

But it's a little concerning part of pcs charm to me atleast
Was the company was own and run by a master sculpter with special effects background as well I believe. Not a suit in a tie that's all about profit.

I had the pleasure to B.S with Jerry a couple times
Cool guy, and sharp that's why I've never been concern
With having over 30 Pre orders. Reputation and resume
Speaks for itself. Never had a reason not to trust Jerry
So if he vouches for the new owners I guess I will too.
AllThatExist666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 06:15 PM   #5
OuttaSight
Savage Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllThatExist666 View Post
I have to say I'm happy for Jerry since he could focus all
His energy on what he loves to do.

But it's a little concerning part of pcs charm to me atleast
Was the company was own and run by a master sculpter with special effects background as well I believe. Not a suit in a tie that's all about profit.

I had the pleasure to B.S with Jerry a couple times
Cool guy, and sharp that's why I've never been concern
With having over 30 Pre orders. Reputation and resume
Speaks for itself. Never had a reason not to trust Jerry
So if he vouches for the new owners I guess I will too.
Appreciated

Keep in mind if I thought Anthony and Mark were going to run the company into the ground, or sacrifice quality for profit, I would not have agreed to be Creative Director.

I would have just officially retired.

I have faith the guys will do a good job.
Old 11-20-2017, 06:19 PM   #6
SONICobra
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by PopCultureShock View Post
As for me, Ive moved to Las Vegas so anyone in the area feel free to shoot me a PM if you are local. Maybe we can all get together sometime.
of coarse, right after i move - man would i have loved to buy you a beer and talk shop

well im happy for you bro, sounds like youre in a good place. seems like pcs is in capable hands, i have appreciated all the updates from ant
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 06:25 PM   #7
ukshaun
Hercules

So long as Chun Li 1/3 and Mileena 1/3 turn out great, that's all i care about

Too bad for the staff that don't want to relocate
Must be great living in Vegas
My borther-in-law's Siser Vivian lives in Vegas
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 06:27 PM   #8
qz33
Rescue

This is one of the best posts here in a long time.

I consider myself (and at least according to PCS's own emails so do they ) to be a good customer, one of their biggest fans, as well as one of their staunchest defenders.

For the past 4 years I have perused this forum nearly everyday to keep up with whom I am spending my money as I work hard not to be a fool. Never once had I found any indication that anyone had been done wrong by you Mr. Macaluso or POP Culture Shock.

In the past few months I have found that a difficult position to maintain.

I appreciate what I hear in this post. Hopefully one day I get to meet you in person.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 06:28 PM   #9
OuttaSight
Savage Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
of coarse, right after i move - man would i have loved to buy you a beer and talk shop

well im happy for you bro, sounds like youre in a good place. seems like pcs is in capable hands, i have appreciated all the updates from ant
Thank you

Very good place for me. I turned 50 recently and Im tired of doing things i dont enjoy. So now going to focus on my art.
Old 11-20-2017, 06:55 PM   #10
Furyan
Mephisto

Thanks for clearing those things up,much appreciated. I'm curious how things work with you being in Vegas and the rest of the company in N.C.? Lots of emails and prototypes n such get shot back n forth or?? Also might have to take u up on that Vegas offer as I visit family in Henderson NV often.
Furyan is offline   Reply With Quote