Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Infinity Studios / Gantaku / Queen Studios

Old 04-14-2019, 04:18 AM   #131
El Diablo
Doom Patrol

Found a video of the queen studios display at monsterpalooza, must admit the terminator busts do look to have a better likeness in the video than they do in the still photos.

https://youtu.be/DSIIOR0GUGs

I just wish their order process wasn’t so ‘hidden’ I mean I don’t do Facebook and as far as I’m aware that’s the only place you can order? Plus it doesn’t bode well for potential returns on a damaged item. For me it’s too much money to risk, hopefully they can find an established distributor.
El Diablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 08:38 AM   #132
generalzodlives
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Diablo View Post
Found a video of the queen studios display at monsterpalooza, must admit the terminator busts do look to have a better likeness in the video than they do in the still photos.

https://youtu.be/DSIIOR0GUGs

I just wish their order process wasn’t so ‘hidden’ I mean I don’t do Facebook and as far as I’m aware that’s the only place you can order? Plus it doesn’t bode well for potential returns on a damaged item. For me it’s too much money to risk, hopefully they can find an established distributor.
Specfictionshop is carrying these. I’m getting the T-800 from them.
generalzodlives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 02:02 AM   #133
El Diablo
Doom Patrol

Quote:
Originally Posted by generalzodlives View Post
Specfictionshop is carrying these. I’m getting the T-800 from them.
Cheers, but it’d have to be someone in the uk to stock it for me to lay down so much money, too many unknown costs with import taxes and shipping otherwise. Though I know the chances of that happening are zero, I’ll have admire these ones from afar
El Diablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 09:45 AM   #134
paris
Fantastic Four

This image reminds me of the Planet Hollywood life size Arnold/Terminator from T2

They were life size thought and more close to the original.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoo View Post

paris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 05:59 AM   #135
Matson1984
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Didn't even know this was a thing until a few days ago lol. Thought it wouldn't be available anywhere now but managed to snag the last one at Specfiction. Im a huge Terminator fan and personally haven't seen a more life like T800 bust anywhere so I just couldn't resist getting that last one.

Was also reading though this thread and quite a few mentioned they preferred the Howard Senft version so decided to check it out. Honestly in what world can you say that version is better or even anywhere close to the likeness of the Queen studios version. It looks nothing like Arnold. Here's a quick comparison I did to compare. Howard Senft on the left, Arnold in make up in the middle and the Queen studios one on the right.

https://ibb.co/Ypq6tmn
Matson1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 10:04 PM   #136
BillyCurly
Dreams of Youth are the Regrets of Maturity
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matson1984 View Post
Didn't even know this was a thing until a few days ago lol. Thought it wouldn't be available anywhere now but managed to snag the last one at Specfiction. Im a huge Terminator fan and personally haven't seen a more life like T800 bust anywhere so I just couldn't resist getting that last one.

Was also reading though this thread and quite a few mentioned they preferred the Howard Senft version so decided to check it out. Honestly in what world can you say that version is better or even anywhere close to the likeness of the Queen studios version. It looks nothing like Arnold. Here's a quick comparison I did to compare. Howard Senft on the left, Arnold in make up in the middle and the Queen studios one on the right.

https://ibb.co/Ypq6tmn
Dude, I have a Howard stage 5 and what your comparing is not what my stage 5 by howard looks like at all. That is probably a bust recast from one of his resin busts and then they tried to make a silicone one, VERY badly. HOWARDS is the most accurate for one reason and one reason only...............ITS A LIFECAST straight from Stan WInston studios. Howard bought the mold from them. So you cant get any closer than howards because its a lifecast. Here is what my Howard stage 5 looks like and this was also done almost 9 years ago, he is even much better now.

BillyCurly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 11:57 PM   #137
Matson1984

While yours is definatlely better than the picture I posted to me the likeness to how Arnold actually looks in that movie is still far off. At least to my eyes anyway.
Matson1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 03:02 AM   #138
Silverine
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Definitely how he looked in the movies though, great bust billycurly!
Silverine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 07:26 AM   #139
Darth Milo
Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyCurly View Post
Dude, I have a Howard stage 5 and what your comparing is not what my stage 5 by howard looks like at all. That is probably a bust recast from one of his resin busts and then they tried to make a silicone one, VERY badly.
That is 100% an authentic stage 5 T-800 done by Howard Senft because I know the owner, he is a huge Gremlins collector here in Holland and has comissioned Howard for making the 1:1 Gizmo and Blondie/C. Eastwood.
That picture is just very bad because of the flash he used and the hair needs some tweaking.
But yes, Howard used an original lifecast (not sure if he bought it directly from SWS since they were also used for Planet Hollywood) but I loved that version only not for $4k-$5k.
I still prefer the Queens version and it's only $3,5k and has a nice base and would look awesome next to their T-1000.
Darth Milo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 07:58 AM   #140
gypsycatcha

Yeah I prefer howards , its as accurate as they come. I have seen some with dodgy hair or even hair on the shorter side which can really affect the overall appearance. But its a masterpiece in my eyes.

there's just something about Queens version around the forehead and mouth area that doesnt look right .
It does come across better on film though.
Still a very nice bust.
gypsycatcha is offline   Reply With Quote