Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Gentle Giant

Old 10-06-2010, 04:58 AM   #1
metalgear88
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Which GG Slave Leia is better?

I can only afford one but I can't decide which piece I like better between the statue and mini bust. Any recomendations?

metalgear88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 05:28 AM   #2
DarthKy
U talkin' to me?

statue.
i dont like busts tho....
DarthKy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 06:14 AM   #3
jollyskeleton
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

I own the statue and i must say i like her a lot
jollyskeleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 07:00 AM   #4
Darth Pain
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Statue.I'm trying to sell off my little statues and this one isvery hard to let go.
Darth Pain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 07:51 AM   #5
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

I own the statue and will get the bust but IMO the bust is a better facial likeness if that's all you're looking for.
Old 10-06-2010, 01:43 PM   #6
mapman
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Personally I'd say wait till the bust has ACTUALLY been released to make a decision. GG has been hit or miss with their quality control lately, and some items look AWESOME and exactly like the samples and officially released images, while other final products have had missing parts, or have been changed during production and no longer match what was originally shown in the official photos.

With that said, I've owned the Leia Statue in the past and it's great, but I sold it because I mainly only collect busts, and it stood out. So I think what it really comes down to is what works best with your particular collection. If you have primarily statues, or a mix of busts and statues, go for the statue. If you have primarily busts, go with the bust. Also do you have any space constraints, because if you do, the bust might be a better choice. OH and the statue is heavy, so that might be a factor as well.

Either way, good luck with your decision
mapman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 02:17 PM   #7
maleboltzia
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapman View Post
Personally I'd say wait till the bust has ACTUALLY been released to make a decision. GG has been hit or miss with their quality control lately, and some items look AWESOME and exactly like the samples and officially released images, while other final products have had missing parts, or have been changed during production and no longer match what was originally shown in the official photos.

With that said, I've owned the Leia Statue in the past and it's great, but I sold it because I mainly only collect busts, and it stood out. So I think what it really comes down to is what works best with your particular collection. If you have primarily statues, or a mix of busts and statues, go for the statue. If you have primarily busts, go with the bust. Also do you have any space constraints, because if you do, the bust might be a better choice. OH and the statue is heavy, so that might be a factor as well.

Either way, good luck with your decision
my freind u are very very right...i have also the statue and it is fantastic but i will buy the bust also! but really i think the bust will be better on likeness and face than statue,but the final choice depends to all these u said!!!
maleboltzia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 01:32 PM   #8
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Based on what I've seen I'd say the bust for 3 reasons. The likeness appears to be better, I like her posed holding the weapon more than laying down and with the bust there are other Jabba themed busts to accompany her while the statue is more of a stand alone piece. That said it probably comes down to which format and line you prefer more.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 04:05 AM   #9
jkno4u
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

The statue is the best of two for the simple fact that Leia has legs in this case. On the other hand we cannot be sure how the face of the bust will look like yet, hopefully like the proto, but with GG you cannot be sure. After the bust is released we'll know which has the best likeness. Anyway I have the statue already and the bust I have on pre-order.
jkno4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 03:24 PM   #10
FROBAY
Phoenix

Overall, it has to be the statue for me.
FROBAY is offline   Reply With Quote