Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > General Discussion

Old 10-26-2010, 06:32 AM   #1
derekrodneysim
Giganta

Location: In a country where inequality, oppression, corruption & racism reigns supreme
The End Of The World. How would you imagine it to be?

First of all, I don't buy into the whole Mayan calendar 2012 thing and I think Nostradamus is just a quack.

But I do believe the end of days (armageddon) will come inevitably. As a person of Christian faith who is confused by the book of Revelation, I read and take it literally (though it's probably symbolic). The description from the book scares the bejeezus out of me really. So is the prospect of the world coming to an end.

Perhaps it may not come in our lifetime but seeing current events with earthquakes and many other disasters happening so frequently, as well as the rapid rise of Islamic extremists, as well as melting polar icecaps and nuclear weapons in the mix.

For me, if the ground would open and swallow us up or whatever, I will be terrified out of my mind but I'd love to be with my family and making peace with my Maker..

How would you imagine the final day would transpire and what would you do?
derekrodneysim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 06:48 AM   #2
carrillj
What's another word for Thesaurus?

I think you mean to ask when human life on Earth will end. If you mean the end of Earth, then it will be when the Sun starts expanding. Then of course you have Black Holes that could happen even before that. Human life will be long gone before any of this happens.

If you mean human life, it will be when the Earth becomes uninhabitable. I think this will be caused by changes in our universe. I don't think any of this will happy any time soon, so human life should be around Earth for quite a long time.
carrillj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 07:24 AM   #3
Endless Wake
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrillj View Post
I think you mean to ask when human life on Earth will end. If you mean the end of Earth, then it will be when the Sun starts expanding. Then of course you have Black Holes that could happen even before that. Human life will be long gone before any of this happens.
Agreed.

I think its a safe bet that humanity as we know it will be gone within the next 300-years. Our technology will continue to increase until we merge with it and become something completely new.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntY01qoIdus
Endless Wake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 07:27 AM   #4
derekrodneysim
Giganta

Location: In a country where inequality, oppression, corruption & racism reigns supreme
Yup. The end of life as we know it, may it be caused by an exploding sun or interplanetary collision.

Would war, famine and/or natural disasters be the cause of it, cos we're seeing that now?

And for all we know the antiChrist is probably be here already.

That is if you believe what the good book tells of the end of days.
derekrodneysim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 07:30 AM   #5
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Wake View Post
Agreed.

I think its a safe bet that humanity as we know it will be gone within the next 300-years. Our technology will continue to increase until we merge with it and become something completely new.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntY01qoIdus
Only 300 years? Thats a bold statement care to wager LOL.

We could be gone alot sooner if there were a nuclear war or at least a lot less plentiful.
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 07:32 AM   #6
joefixit2
Baron Zemo

we're good until the Cyclons come and kill everyone.
joefixit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 07:38 AM   #7
Sinatra VonDoom
It's not hard to meet expenses, they're everywhere.
Adamantium Plus Member

I think it is a matter of time before the end of human life. At some point a virus could mutate just the right way to wipe us out, or come close enough to end society as we know it. The earth could get hit by a big enough asteroid to do us in. I'd say those two would be the front runners I'd put money on in Vegas...just got to work out how to collect the money if I'm right

As far as what I would do, I'm not sure. The only thing I have planned for is a zombie apocalypse and unfortunately I don't think it will ever come to that. I don't know what I would do with the more mundane end of days. It would probably involve me stealing a lamborghini. That would most likely be how I will die in the Armageddon, as I drive for $@!&.
Sinatra VonDoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 07:46 AM   #8
joefixit2
Baron Zemo

zombies. yep, that's what it's going to be. zombies.
Old 10-26-2010, 07:58 AM   #9
rychehitman
Galactus

I could go deep in a thread like this...but it's early for me still, so I will just scratch the surface by saying this...

Everyone should do their own research and realize just how little is known about asteroids and meteors.

There are so many huge chunks of iron floating around in space, and even now we have so many blind sides to not see them coming, and a genuine inability to do anything about it if we did see it coming.

Imagine seeing a fireball in the sky the size of a dime that is going to hit the planet in 4 days and kill everything and everyone is powerless to do anything about it.

Like I said…it’s fascinating to research the topic. There have been impacts in the past of Earth’s history ranging from small (a meteor that hits the planet and vaporizes everything within an 800 mile radius), to HUGE impacts that were extinction level events (the last being a meteor that hit the planet so hard it was 500 miles below the surface in the first second after impact!)

Any biological situation (virus, etc.) would be subject to radical temperature environments and could potentially be researched and combated on a genetic level. We at least have technology to attempt to stop the spread before everyone would die…..but a meteor….yep, there is no stopping that. It’s just a matter of time.
rychehitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 08:04 AM   #10
joefixit2
Baron Zemo

Four words: War Operations Plan Response