Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 05-07-2017, 07:39 AM   #2031
GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhy View Post

True story!
Must agree, changed my view on other statues!
GrumpyBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 07:39 AM   #2032
GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

Today we have some pictures from me. I woke up this morning and decided to do some new pictures from XM Cable on his final place and pose. I love him! Good job from my little cam, but we saw so much pictures before. I´m just happy to have him in my collection.

"Let´s talk about the statue. If i saw the concept and first print i was more like Cable who? Son of Cyclops? Fine, but i need him? Thx collectors god there was enough time to think about. Today after the unboxing i say this piece is my new No.1. Trust me i saw nearly every picture from him and from many collectors, but if you have him first time set up nothing can beat this impressive feeling. First i noticed the pointing pistol and cyborg eye looks 100% more awesome in front of you. Pictures can´t capture it right. No need to talk about the details and the stitching is very nice where it was used. The pants has a structure, but not to much. Love it. The shirt, fantastic. This piece looks used, i mean used in war. You can find shading at the right place. The base is heavy, everything from this statue is heavy. I really like the cables on the base. The colored little ones on the ground and the big metall ones out of the base. The base stands again for an war."

XM Studios Facebook --- XM Studios Europe Facebook

Old 05-07-2017, 06:17 PM   #2033
Vince_be
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Thanks GB, Congrats for this beautiful piece !!
Vince_be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 03:03 AM   #2034
GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince_be View Post
Thanks GB, Congrats for this beautiful piece !!
Thank you.
Old 05-08-2017, 06:02 AM   #2035
Armored_Berserk
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Soooo I have another answer from XM:

Quote:

Hi laurent i had taken my own piece . Pic attached. To me it look the same as the images you send. If you cannot accept the statue you have received kindly return to the seller for full refund.

Regards
Ben

Seriously I don't know what to answer to this... I'm talking about the production piece and he show me his personal prototype... XM makes great statues but when it comes to customer service it's always a pain in the ass
Armored_Berserk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 06:30 AM   #2036
Armored_Berserk
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

And here's my two hands

Sorry to bother everyone with my problem, but really don't know what to do with XM saying it's normal...
Armored_Berserk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 06:47 AM   #2037
thepurist
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Honestly I think yours looks better than his...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhy View Post
Love this pic!!!
thepurist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 06:57 AM   #2038
Boinkzoink
Doh!

Just recieved my Cable over the weekend and he's a certainly a sight to behold. But anyone else noticed that the position of the huge gun has shifted on his shoulder, when compared to the prototype? The huge gun was placed further up his left shoulder and closer to his face. Although I much prefer the prototype look, I think that the change isnt a deal breaker. Still very happy to have him.
Boinkzoink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 07:06 AM   #2039
Demona
Martian Manhunter

AB -- I see how the hands look different to each other (both look better than the hands in the Ben's photo). BUT don't look at the hands compared to each other -- do the hands look starkly different than the rest of the arm?

To me, that would be the bigger deal because the two hands will never be displayed together.

If it's just the hands being different shades, that is something I could live with. I know that's just much help, but that's just me. If a statue not missing paint, chipped/scratched, or flat out broken -- I can usually live with it.

Re: you Darkness statue - I can see even in the lower light you put him in that he looks shiny.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 07:13 AM   #2040
GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

I could write my hand looks dirty too and the dirt is on the whole arm. It´s individual painted dirt and it could change a little bit from statue to statue. It´s a in war used statue and they add the dirt in my opinion.

But if i wrote that i´m the Fan Boy which defends XM again.