Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 04-10-2016, 08:40 PM   #191
OuttaSight
Savage Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacksunn View Post
Thanks for clarifying Jerry.

Disappointing but totally understand the business end of it.

One last attempt, Thinking outside the box... What about a PCS kickstarter to fund this project for those that are truly interested?
I dont see how a KS campaign is any different than our regular pre-orders.

It still requires us to spend tens of thousands on a prototype and thats the stickler.

I dont think everyone realizes how much it costs to create a licensed prototype for a Skeletor/Panthor. Easy $30k-40k

Also, you cant just do a kickstarter campaign with a big name licensed property. It requires a lot of legal and political maneuvering.

Creating these pieces as a legitimate business is not like the people doing it as an unlicensed hobby. There is a lot more at stake and a lot more hurdles to jump.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlizAbef View Post
Should've tried to get that Skeletor/Panthor out before Sideshow got their Skeletor out. At least concepts or something man. So Thundercats are dead, MOTU is dead, Robocop is dead, and unless a Dread 2 comes along, I'm sure Judge Dredd will be dead soon too. Perhaps the hobby in general too. I guess it really is time to change your company name to SF & MK Collectibles.com.
Well truth is SF and MK have always outsold MOTU by at least 3:1, sometimes much more. MOTU was mostly done out of love, it was never very profitable.

We have several new licenses we just havent shown yet, in addition we have The Thing, Legend, An American Werewolf in London, which may not be your cup of tea, but they are being done and they do have fans. So we are certainly not just SF and MK just because we are winding down one license. Ive never said we were done with Dredd...thats just your jump to conclusion. Right ?

The hobby has a problem right now with too many companies pumping out too many statues all from the same licenses...Marvel, Star Wars and DC, which are sucking up most collectors cash.

I am very thankful we have SF and MK as they are strong enough licenses to support us while we try other things. I feel bad for some other companies that I know are having serious financial problems.

The business just isnt what it was even a couple years ago.
OuttaSight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 08:47 PM   #192
BDoggWhite
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgdc View Post
Sadness. But thanks at least for coming on here and explaining things. I think that if PCS could have put teasers of Skeletor and Panthor out it might have prompted more to buy Heman and Battlecat? It seemed like with SS once they showed Skeletor more people got excited for the line. I think that in turn drove up sales for HeMan whom people weren't even talking that much about before.
Agree wholeheartedly. I think the scenario described with SS He-Man is fact in regards to the Skeletor reveal.

Sad news from Jerry. Hopefully this will eventually come to fruition. I still believe!
BDoggWhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 08:55 PM   #193
Morgul Steve
Captain Marvel

Jerry,
How do you know how well Sideshow's He-Man & Skeletor sold? Are you guessing by the edition sizes? Both Ex's are still available and have not sold out. Unlike you Sideshow has no problem sitting on inventory. These pieces will probably be available for a long time. I know you like those 5 minute sell outs but not all statues can be like that.
Morgul Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 09:05 PM   #194
OuttaSight
Savage Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgul Steve View Post
Jerry,
How do you know how well Sideshow's He-Man & Skeletor sold? Are you guessing by the edition sizes? Both Ex's are still available and have not sold out. Unlike you Sideshow has no problem sitting on inventory. These pieces will probably be available for a long time. I know you like those 5 minute sell outs but not all statues can be like that.
Us insiders know everyone elses real numbers.
Old 04-10-2016, 09:12 PM   #195
bObA_fEtt_Ox
Hydra

Hey Jerry is there a way to get them despite all the bad facts you are explaining us ?

Also is there any chances to have more FILMATION statues ?
I created a poll on he-man.org and the results show us Mer-man is really well demanded.
Is it the statue you are planning to make ( if Filmation is still on the line ) ?

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...o-see-from-PCS
bObA_fEtt_Ox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 09:18 PM   #196
Rob N. Banks
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Well, that's unfortunate, but understandable. At least I have Hordak to look forward to receiving.
Rob N. Banks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 09:25 PM   #197
OuttaSight
Savage Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bObA_fEtt_Ox View Post
Hey Jerry is there a way to get them despite all the bad facts you are explaining us ?

Also is there any chances to have more FILMATION statues ?
I created a poll on he-man.org and the results show us Mer-man is really well demanded.
Is it the statue you are planning to make ( if Filmation is still on the line ) ?

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...o-see-from-PCS
I think we have mined Filmation as far as we can go.

Even though sales werent great i felt we had to at least get through the heavy hitters, and we did. I feel I did my part for Filmation Master of the Universe and its time to part ways. However, i have a feeling there may be someone else willing to give it a shot...

I had hope She-Ra would have been a home run which would have given me confidence to move forward with at least Mer-Man. But we still have some left and truthfully, if She-Ra cant sell out a small 250 EX ES then I have no hopes for Mer-Man being able to hit the numbers needed.
Old 04-10-2016, 09:25 PM   #198
PermaGrin
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PopCultureShock View Post
With Sideshow in the market and selling more of their He-Man and Skeletor than we did ours, I believe the public has spoken and what they want is a modern interpretation of the characters with crazy details.

Even our realistic He-Man was still intended to be very Filmation based and true to the original designs. We actually worked very hard to NOT stray too far from the original source art, but what we learned is we should have gone much further. Sideshows barely has any connection to the original designs yet still sold way better than ours. Again, the market has spoken.
Funny because I speciffically ingores SS's interpertations as I want to see more from the source.
Their Skele , their Voltron

Does no Combo mean no stand alone Skele?
Dont let SS interpretations sway you from the main bad guy at least.
Need the 1/4 to go with this bust.
PermaGrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 09:27 PM   #199
bonedaddy77
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

I'd pay $1300 too
bonedaddy77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 09:29 PM   #200
PermaGrin
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

Also, SS selling more is nothing more than hype and marketing in my opinion. Hopefully, for the collectors, they hold up in hand...unlike other pieces I have experienced from them.
PermaGrin is offline   Reply With Quote