Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 11-28-2011, 11:20 AM   #1011
Fanboy
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruby_Alexa View Post
I also wanted to add that when Shane went ape$#!+, I thought he was going to get shot right there.

@Fanboy - Comment noted. In the back of my mind, I was hoping that she would be alive yet after several episodes of the failed searches, I think her fate was sealed when she escaped.
With the way things happen in the book I was expecting some sort of good/bad ending to the Sophia search. Was thinking something along the lines of they find her and either her or her mother would get bitten during the barn escape.

Glad to see the show isn't shying away from the general concept that bad things can happen to any member of the cast at any time.
Fanboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 12:51 PM   #1012
Mean Green
Fantomah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruby_Alexa View Post
Honestly, I don't watch the Talking Dead. I flip the channel just to watch the rest of the Sunday night NFL game. Personally I see the talk show as AMC going over their heads with the popularity of the Walking Dead. I seriously hope that it can keep the momentum going and not crash and burn.

I love the TV show but I don't need to watch the talk show.
The game was over by the time it started yesterday so I thought I'd check it out. It's not really a typical talk show as we got to hear the insights of the producers. For those of you who want to see/hear behind the scenes stuff, it was pretty interesting. Full disclosure: I don't work for AMC.
Mean Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 12:58 PM   #1013
patrickwm68
The Flash

I was thinking that Hershel's wife would be the last walker out of the barn leading up to some big emotional moment, I wasn't expecting it to be who it was.
patrickwm68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 01:30 PM   #1014
rilynil
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

I love the way they're developing Shane. With his ranting at the end, one part of me was saying, "Shut the $#%& up, you lunatic" and another part of me was saying, "$%@# yeah, Shane! Damn straight!" But I believe he's wrong about Rick not being cut out for the new world. Rick's just not embracing the anarchy as thoroughly as Shane, who seems to enjoy the violence. Did y'all notice that toward the end of the zombie massacre how Shane was placing his shots? Left shoulder, right shoulder, forehead. That shows a joy in the violence, because he's proven time and again that he can place a shot wherever he wants.
rilynil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 01:44 PM   #1015
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickwm68 View Post
I was thinking that Hershel's wife would be the last walker out of the barn leading up to some big emotional moment, I wasn't expecting it to be who it was.
I thought that's who it would be too, but I liked the twist.

I was thinking they would use Sophia as a meld into Season 3 as in she was picked up by other humans. Though I always thought a lost doll was a stupid item to hinge life or death on.

Shane is really allll kinds of scary crazy. When he was lighting up the zombie woman at the end of the tether I was engrossed. He made a point blank honest showing of the truth, despite Hershel not wanting to believe.

Another slight, but touching moment was when Glenn checked with Maggie before shooting the walkers leaving the barn. I'm really enjoying Glenn.

Is Lori bugging anybody else? She bugged me in the books, so I shouldn't really be surprised.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 01:46 PM   #1016
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rilynil View Post
I love the way they're developing Shane. With his ranting at the end, one part of me was saying, "Shut the $#%& up, you lunatic" and another part of me was saying, "$%@# yeah, Shane! Damn straight!" But I believe he's wrong about Rick not being cut out for the new world. Rick's just not embracing the anarchy as thoroughly as Shane, who seems to enjoy the violence. Did y'all notice that toward the end of the zombie massacre how Shane was placing his shots? Left shoulder, right shoulder, forehead. That shows a joy in the violence, because he's proven time and again that he can place a shot wherever he wants.
I thought it was his shots mixed in with the others being bad shots *L* I might not be Annie Oakley but I'm sure I could hit a walker with a shotgun 20 feet away.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 02:04 PM   #1017
Argonus
Kindly Asked To Leave

Hershel corralling friends and family in the barn, and seeing them as still being people? The man needed the reality check that Shane gave him. I was waiting for Rick's collared zombie to get loose and kill one of Hershel's people, so that he'd realize how detached he had allowed himself to become from their situation, but at least now Sophia won't be the thing that keeps the group from moving on, when they choose to.

It's no more "Hershel's call" on what's to be done with the Walkers than it was Shane's or Rick's; they should've had a group vote, though... I don't disagree with having them all eliminated.

Hershel needs to realize the group's respected his wishes up until then.. but he's an old man with a few kids who owns property, in a time that merely "owning property" no longer holds any weight.

I wonder if it's going to be addressed that Hershel had Sophia locked away in the barn; he DID know the group was looking for a young girl, right? True, he might've thought she was just another resident of the nearby town... I guess mentioning that the girl they're looking for might be bumping around in his barn might've made for fewer episodes, though.
Argonus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 02:10 PM   #1018
Argonus
Kindly Asked To Leave

Also, obviously they're doing this to further that plot thread, but I wish they would give Dale going after Shane for "causing Otis's death" a rest; last I checked, Dale's not psychic. His character's coming across as an old coot now, worse than Hershel, since he won't stop breathing down Shane's neck about it.

He can have all the suspicions he wants, but continuing to harrass Shane with "I know what you did/I know what kind of man you are", dude.. you're a crotchety guy entering his golden years who is into women 1/3 your age, and enjoys putting your nose into other people's business.

At this point, either Dale or Andrea could leave the series, and I couldn't care less; at least they pulled back from Andrea being such a trainwreck in this episode.
Argonus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 02:14 PM   #1019
VaultMan
Advanced Tweet Mechanic
Adamantium Member

Im thankful it was revealed that Sophia was in the barn - her disappearance dragged on for a shade longer than it needed to, but my god what a payoff at the end.

Though if Herschel wanted them off the property, and he knew they were searching for a little girl, then why not tell them he'd found a little girl (unless, indeed, it was Otis that found her and placed her in there not thinking). Or maybe even more terrible, Sophia found that barn, wandered in looking for shelter and was bitten...but I suppose that doesnt hold water, because if she wandered in there, she wouldve been eaten I suppose...
VaultMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 02:18 PM   #1020
Collection King 13
You Should Punch Your Face in the Face!!!
Adamantium Plus Member

I can't wait for Feb!!!!

"Grailability" -One collectibles potential on becoming a Grail Piece. Pronunciation [greyl-uh-bil-i-tee]
"Flipphobia" -One collectors morbid fear of flippers. Pronunciation [flip-foh-bee-uh]
"Flipollector" -One Who Flips with the intent of purchasing something else for their collection. Pronunciation [flip-uh-lek-ter]
http://statueforum.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=75&dateline=1236098318
Collection King 13 is offline   Reply With Quote